Does having a girl as a friend help?

Canadien

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys don't flame me for this as I'm taking a devils advocate approach here. Bear with me, and tell me what you think is the best course of action for me.

Ok, I've just recently started talking to girls, and although never dated before, I am starting to make real friendship out of girls, but the way I see it here on this forum, its wrong, guys aren't supposed to look for friendships...

According to this forum, its only about everyday trying to score new girls? So does this make me an AFC? Right now, the biggest concern for me is to make a long term connection and for the first time preserve friendship past a school year, I don't want to end interaction fast, the girl is looking for motivating character as she looks for job and i'm doing that admirably, but how bad does this look from Don Juan perspective.

Is it important to make slow self growth? not rush things? or is this just rubbish? Is having a girl to talk to a bad thing? I can't actually talk about the stuff that goes around here, but I'm starting to understand girls emotions, and how to play them to my advantage, but is it all about intimacy?

Is it natural to move from social aspect to intimacy part, not with the same girl offcourse, but will friendly interaction with one girl lead to self growth and more intimate interaction from my part? Does having a girl to talk to benefit confidence?

Upthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
Having girl-friends is good. They can help you understand women in ways we cant tell you. Now dont become friends with chicks you might be interested in. Ihave friends that are girls that are just cool people. I wouldnt date them but I like them as a person ughhh *gasp*. Plus they can get you in situations to meet some nicer ladies

Phazuka

Don Juan
Reaction score
Helps you to build confidence and learn how to communicate with girls. That's been a problem with my relationship and "Oneitus" so I'm chatting to more women and making more women friends so I'm not so attached or "needy".

Miss

Don Juan
Reaction score
of course

Of course it helps. The more you ask and learn, the more you'll be comfortable dealing with women in general. Having sisters helps a whole bunch too. Try to get one. ;)

If you have any questions, ask me. *If you want. Take care.

2_intense2

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea, it helps. I mean your getting the inside scoop as to what makes a girl tick, and when they complain about guys; what they did wrong. You take notes, as not to make the same mistakes. The best part since your her friends you will be introduced to all her other female friends. Since your friends, she will automatically say good things about you. If her other female friends ask about you.

I can only see the good parts of having a female as a friends..

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a good thing, but never mistake a friend for a potential prospect.

Poison Dart

Reaction score
I think it's a good thing. I am 29 but recently found a few "girl friends" (note: not "girlfriends"). I mean, I was friends with girls in high school and college, but never real personal. I now know some ladies that I can learn from, in a personal, close friend aspect. They talk about their guys and such and I can talk about my girls with them.

Like what's been said, don't do this with romantic interests.

Canadien

Don Juan
Reaction score
But now there

The Shocker said:
It's a good thing, but never mistake a friend for a potential prospect.
is this sexual tension atleast from my part as she is single, She is more of an intravert and isn't into guys although she is going to Toroto with her girl friends to watch korean band. But as of now she doesn't even pickup signals I'm sending her, its like she has been with girls so long, that she can't see a guy coming onto her, even if he's been talking to her almost everyday over the MSN offcourse...

but as it stands, she has already introduced me to few of her friends as we played poker together last friday. I'd like to do something more with one of her friends, as this friend is more of out going, maybe take her to play badminton or something, I know its not romantic, but this is what I am all about atleast for now, I like to get extra curricular activities when interacting with people and it would be almost perfect If I can get that girl to go play Badminton with me, for now she has examinations coming so I'll have to delay this plans.

Again, there was something i'd like your guys comment on: I forgot to get the friends contact on the day of the Poker, as I didn't want to come out as game player, but just the next day talking to her I got the MSN and facebook for this other friend, was this ok move, or was it suicide? She is ok with it, and other friend has added me in both facebook and MSN, but did it give-out desperation image?

TONYMONTANA523

Don Juan
Reaction score
My rule is too never close any doors. I think its cool to have female friends as long as she is your friend, not your friend because thats all she wants to be to you.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Having female friends is crucial for guys who are really awkward with girls they are interested in. It helps to overcome the awkwardness and getting all tongue tied when trying to talk to girls. As long as you don't ever form friendships with females with the expectation that it will become more then you most definitely should have female friends.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having female friends are great... great social proof, if they are of a callibre that I'd make friends with they'd be great fun too.

As far as their helpfulness in learning to attract women, with exceptions... is more or less useless. I mean they will give you mostly advice to 'be yourself' and 'be nice' and other AFC things... which makes sense to them because they are picturing the hottest example of manhood thay would intimidate them, so he should be nice, so that she won't be awkward around him.