Does ethnicity matter for girls?

deslite231

Don Juan
Reaction score
And yes, for those "look at other posts" people, I have taken look at that Does ethnicity play a big role post and all the replies just talk about men and their preferences about girls and the occasional arguer and people flaming others as racists. I could give a crap about what men think about a women's ethnicity, but I want to know if my chances are harmed because I am an asian. (I live in America with the white population near in area in the high 90s) :confused:

deslite231

Don Juan
Reaction score
So your saying that girls do have a racial preference? Like how much? Im saying this because Im having trouble even getting the first date. I dress neatly, (J Crew, AE etc) and gel my hair, deoderant. And I have been very confident, enough so that girls sometimes tell me that im a perfectionist and set my goals very high and sometimes conceited so I have toned down my confidence. So what else am I doing wrong? :(

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being conceited. Don't talk about how cool/goodlooking/good at some sport/whatever you are. Its a huge negative sign. And you wanna tone this down a lot.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow
Being conceited. Don't talk about how cool/goodlooking/good at some sport/whatever you are. Its a huge negative sign. And you wanna tone this down a lot.
Oh my god I've been doing it all wrong! :)

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UH OH, Poor you!:rolleyes:

What I was trying to say is don't generally say that your the best at whatever, even if you are.

On the other hand, Iif she was asking if you were good at it.. thats a different story.:)

Come on Smooth.. would you want to hear some chick bragging about how she thinks shes so perfect?

:) I know I wouldn't

Last edited:

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm Finnish and I've got a healthy amount of Finnish pride! WHITEST PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THE ****ING EARTH HELL YEAH! Don't let your ethnicity get ya down man, embrace it! Love it!

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe YOURE just ugly...:confused:

deslite231

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by oakraiderz2
Maybe YOURE just ugly...:confused:
Hmm... you do bring up an interesting point. Ive heard a lot that girls dont focus on your looks, but really, I think girls are more focused on looks than we think.

For example, I had a friend named Greg who I asked a big favor for. There was this girl I liked and I asked Greg to message her to figure out what she thinks of me. I looked at the AIM convo between greg and her, and it provided me some insight. She said that I am a cool person, and that I am pimp (goes out with lots of girls) and that I am very popular. Then she mentions that even though I am not very good looking, I get a lot of girls. Then she says that she isnt attracted to me, and after Greg mentions that he plays the guitar, she falls over for him.

The main question than is, if ethnicity is not a very key deciding factor in even getting the first date/meeting, than is looks? Are we disregarding how we physically look too much? :confused:

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well of course physical looks has something to do with attration. Nature intended it to be that way. It all has to do with genetics and passing it on. But putting that aside. You heard a lot of girls don't focus on looks. Now let me guess who said that.

A girl?

Of course they say that. They don't want to be seen as a shallow superficial bitch. Girls ARE attracted to GOOD LOOKS. Regardless of what they say. There are some girls who will reject you no matter what you say because of your looks. But for everyone one of those girls, there's at least a dozen that wouldn't. Given, if you workout, become the best and healthy perosn you can be, there isn't much you can do about looks. That's where personality and confidence comes in. A good-looking person could just as well be shot down because he's a godforsaken pansy and no good in bed.

Quit wondering about what makes others attracted to you. Decide what is best for yourself and improve yourself. That'll give you a degree of confidence that will make others NATURALLY attracted to you, regardless of how you look.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by deslite231
Hmm... you do bring up an interesting point. Ive heard a lot that girls dont focus on your looks, but really, I think girls are more focused on looks than we think.

For example, I had a friend named Greg who I asked a big favor for. There was this girl I liked and I asked Greg to message her to figure out what she thinks of me. I looked at the AIM convo between greg and her, and it provided me some insight. She said that I am a cool person, and that I am pimp (goes out with lots of girls) and that I am very popular. Then she mentions that even though I am not very good looking, I get a lot of girls. Then she says that she isnt attracted to me, and after Greg mentions that he plays the guitar, she falls over for him.

The main question than is, if ethnicity is not a very key deciding factor in even getting the first date/meeting, than is looks? Are we disregarding how we physically look too much? :confused:
Ethnicity could matter up to an extent but dont even take that thought into consideration. No girls going to come out and tell you something like that. If you get a lot of girls whats the problem?

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by deslite231
So your saying that girls do have a racial preference? Like how much? Im saying this because Im having trouble even getting the first date. I dress neatly, (J Crew, AE etc) and gel my hair, deoderant. And I have been very confident, enough so that girls sometimes tell me that im a perfectionist and set my goals very high and sometimes conceited so I have toned down my confidence. So what else am I doing wrong? :(
I'm saying that each girl has their own racial preferences, is this that difficult of a concept to grasp?? Some girls might have a strong preference for black guys, others might have a strong preference for white guys, and others might have no real preferences at all.

It's the same as how some girls prefer very muscular guys to well-toned guys, or some prefer blonde hair to brown hair. You can't just say "All girls like (whatever ethnicity) guys the best" because it's impossible to say. And the fact is, you can't change a girl's personal preferences so there's really no use in trying or even thinking about it. There are surely some girls out there who will find you attractive, your job is to go out and find them.

With that said, don't fall into the hole of blaming all failures on your looks. Looks do matter, I won't argue that, but most girls have lower standards for "attractive" then you probably think. What you need to focus on is improving your mental game as much as possible, because that's where chicks are won and lost.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Danny21682
All girls have a big of jungle fever in them.
I don't know about ALL girls but there's definitely a lot of them! :D

Hurri

Don Juan
Reaction score
fcuk u mate, u give the asian crowd a bad name. suck in that gut and chin up. Who gives a sheit what some keyboard jockeys think? if they think it doesnt matter, no girls will fk u still. Stop fooling around and doubting yourself and go out there. If you think about it and worry about it, then the girl will too.

sure u mite bump into the cold racist ***** now and then but keep approaching. i'm asian and i get white girls. i think race matters but u just have to get around it.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Danny21682
All girls have a big of jungle fever in them.
HAHA those are my favorite type. Its like affermative action.:D

Aerix

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it depends on the certain area. When i lived in philly i didn't get any racial tension or the conversation about "i dont think we should do anything because well yer black and my parents dont dig that". But in the south i'vve gotten the "black people only date white girls for trophies" I've lived in the south (arkansas) for 2 years and im leaving in a couple weeks to NM. So i think girls do have racial preferences.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, they do. Ironically those can be broken with clothing types however. For instance where I live, "ghetto" is in style, thus all the white kids wearing 'Slim Shady' across their chest get instant recognition from 3/4 of the crowd, where as the more conservative A&F, Tommy Hilfiger wearing men recieve attention from only a small portion of women who naturally appeal to that look.

Though then you have to ask yourself, are you willing to change your style to be noticed?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by R3N3GAD3
Yes, they do. Ironically those can be broken with clothing types however. For instance where I live, "ghetto" is in style, thus all the white kids wearing 'Slim Shady' across their chest get instant recognition from 3/4 of the crowd, where as the more conservative A&F, Tommy Hilfiger wearing men recieve attention from only a small portion of women who naturally appeal to that look.

Though then you have to ask yourself, are you willing to change your style to be noticed?
Style has nothing (or shouldn't have anything) to do with ethnicity. Anyone can put on clothes just as you have pointed out. I wouldn't waste my time buying the clothes just to attract women who are only into the clothes. There's always some DJ wanna-be out there that has more money to buy more stuff.