Does being skinny matter?

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WORKEROUTER
Head over the the HF forum for advice about gaining weight.

You say you just can't gain weight. WRONG. I think you're just lazy.

You need to go to the store, RIGHT now, and buy the following:

tupper ware containers
veggies
fruit
brown rice
cottage cheese
whole wheat pasta
pasta sauce
beef
chicken
salmon
oatmeal
yogurt
eggs
whey protein
milk
beans

Now I want you to devise a meal plan consisting of SIX meals per day that include a fruit or veggie, meat, and a carb from the above list.

Then I want you to eat them every day for a week.

That's the first step. Next is to hit the gym.

I second that! Being buff isn't essential to being happy or attracting women, BUT since I bulked up I get a lot MORE attraction, more respect and feel so much better about myself. Plus the ultimate bonus is that I have a productive new hobby and goals that keeps my mind focused and keeps me active.

penguin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by silenthill
Dude, I'm really skinny too but you cant let it bother you. I know this sounds mean, but I look at a fat person, and am like "thank f*cking god thats not me"

I'm 157 6'0". Don't know how many stones that is, but I need to pack on at least 20 pounds.

I think you're underestimating your weight/over estimating your height. i'm 160lbs at 5'11" and you look bigger than me.

Bhekizwe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Malachi
Ok so i shouldn't really be posting on here as i'm putting myself first in my life atm and not obsessing over women.

But this isn't just a question of women and attraction....just something i need to know.

I'm skinny atm...i've tryed everything under the sun to gain weight and don't see how i can....i have a very very very fast matabalisim.

Anyhow, i have mixed results...haven't had a girlfriend since i was 13...i'm 22 now...yeah sad isn't it.
But i do get alot of girls kissing,dancing etc....basically prick teasing...and can't help but wonder if my weight has anything to do with not attracting women.

-Malachi
Eat protein rich foods(milk,eggs,fish,chicken etc) You will also feel more grounded in your self.Feeling "skinny" will makes you uncomfortable with yourself and this is what probably disturbs your game.Remember women can pick up negative energy that you give out (discomfort),and this is what repels them away from you.

All in all,start eating healthy protein rich foods then that weight will come.The more comfortable you are with yourself the more attractive you will become. Also remember junk food isnt what constitutes a meal,so eat healthly

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes

Sure as hell matters. It ain't everything, but it matters. Find Pook's skinny guy thread and read it, and go to the HF forum. Lots of good stuff there.

It's definitely more healthy to be on the thin side, than on the heavy side, provided you're not dangerously thin.

The changes to my workout regimen that blasted me through my most difficult plateau were:

1) Work out less often.

2) Use very heavy weight.

3) Keep constantly feeding myself: power drinks with lots of proteing and complex carbs when I wake up before breakfast, between regular (relatively small and frequent) meals, and before I crash at night, if I don't eat a proper meal then.

Regarding the above:

1) Working out more than once a week for any given body part resulted in more muscle breakdown than buildup. Muscle is built between the workout, and the muscles need to recover well, lest you get injured or break them down. At my age, it takes about a week. Perhaps less if you're a teen or in your early 20s, but I'd still say give 5 days rest per bodypart.

2) One must lift heavy weight to activate mainly the "fast twitch" muscles that make for bulk. I do 1-2 rep sets with nearly max weight often. Or 3-2-1 descending reps (switching arms with dumbells) to effectively get 6 reps of volume with 3 rep weight (or 4-3-2-1, 4-2-1, whatever happens). I prefer dumbells where possible, because they balance your left & right sides, favoring neither, and free weights work more stabilizing muscles than machine exercises, so you get a more comprehensive workout.

During my periods of greatest progress, I did "reverse pyramid" workouts: warm up, then the heavy set (1 - 3 rep weight) first, follwed by a 6-8 rep per exercise set, a protein/carb drink, a warmdown (drumming a bit, for me), and stretching, which elongates the muscles to allow yet more growth.

3) Any longer periods of hunger allow muscle breakdown to take place. As long as you're sore, there's muscle repair ( = building ) to be done. Keep feeding it.

You don't have to work out a real lot. Just make it count when you do.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penguin
I think you're underestimating your weight/over estimating your height. i'm 160lbs at 5'11" and you look bigger than me.

1st. You can't see the legs.
2nd. His bones may weigh less than yours.

I'm 5'10 but I looked like that when I weighed 140 or so, because my legs were extremely skinny and I have really small bones (less than 6" wrists).

silenthill

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Adone
1st. You can't see the legs.
2nd. His bones may weigh less than yours.

I'm 5'10 but I looked like that when I weighed 140 or so, because my legs were extremely skinny and I have really small bones (less than 6" wrists).
Yeah my wrists are pretty small. My calfs are 14" though.

juslen

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a few factors which determine whether you are too skinny or not.

Your age
Your Body Type
How fast you reach maturity.

I for one, am nearing my mid 20's. I always knew is was too skinny, but it never really bothered me that much. My senior year of high school i weighed 130 lbs.. and i was 5'10.

Now 5 years later, I'm 5'10, 150 lbs. If you calculate my height vs weight.. my BMI is currently 21.5. 18.5 – 24.9 is considered normal healthy weigh. So I'm doing pretty well.

BMI

Lift some weights, stay active. It will make you eat more, and put on more fat, that fat will turn into muscle, and you will continue to eat more.. and gain more. Until you reach your desired weight. Then just maintain it.

So be happy with yourself. Be confident. And if you aren't, then do something about it. And go from there. Trust me, you will see a difference...:)

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by silenthill
Yeah my wrists are pretty small. My calfs are 14" though.
My calves are almost 15" but they still look thin compared to my upper body. 14" calves are not really good at 5'9-5'10.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls like strong men, not weak p*ssies. They're already weak..why would they want a weak man?!?! Usually, such weak men fall into the friends category very quickly and stay there. Meanwhile, they have to listen to the drama stories of the beefy, jerky bf who f*cks her every night.

If you're skinny and weak and so on, then you have no excuse. Start eating and hitting the gym. You'll start feeling like you can destroy things. When you feel like you can destroy things, you start realizing you have control over your physical reality. This leads to a great sense of confidence in your life. Females dig confidence and domination, so you naturally become a more attractive catch.