Does anyone else here go through this?

C-quenced

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone feel like life is passing you by? There's a lot of things I want to do and experience that seem so out of my reach . At times I fear that it will never take place. I have a very low attention span due to ADHD and thoughts like these only make it worse.

partyforlife

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha...i am right there with you man

There are about 100 things that I would like to do and experience, but I am broke and it will not happen for a long, long time.

I kind of regret going to college b/c i am broke at one of the most important times in my life.

slickaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you two idiots listen...

life is meant to pass you by..it only changes if you make moves...maybe big moves to get out of where you are.

for example..i had a friend of mine who in school was a nobody. he used to be shunned by the girls and he didnt play sport or go to the gym etc so none of the guys really could talk to him.

we lost contact with him while we were in college.

one day a year ago i saw him, he had joined the police out of school, he'd been in it 4 years and he was built, he had a bunch of cool friends and he had a respectable job as a senior rank officer, company car and perks.lol.

mock it all you may, but the jist of the story is he made it. he seemed happy and to top it off he found God. he has a gorgeous girlfriend who is a teacher.

also bought himself a house last month and he lives outside that normality and boringness with hobbies.

im just trying to say that; if you feel you're stuck in a rut, then you need to make moves, noone else is going to do it for you.

I have another friend who has been working in a car part store as a shelver for 5 years. part time. he consistently complains that the economy and its state means he is unable to find a job. when in reality, every evening he's at home online playing WOW.. ive told him many times to go to college or take up a free course (we have a free course for EVERYTHING here) and maybe then he'll have some marketable skills.

i have another friend, who today operates and owns one of the top performance shops in the country. he has a fully p!mped 300C in black etc lives in a nice house and has ppl working for him...28 years old.

4 years ago he was a bum making donuts at dunkin donuts.
he did some courses, worked at a car parts store. saved money with 2 jobs and started trading online parts importing on a order only bases through ebay.
then he leased out a warehouse out of town and using a small grant from Church he got a truck. put some nice banners on it and made it a delivery service.
last year he opened his first actual shop and his biggest sales are from dealers who want to do up the cars on the yard. hes a modification consultant now. lol. AWESOME MONEY!!.

im just saying..theres things ppl do..and then theres things ppl do to make moves.

first things first..

Think positive.
Improve your relationship with God.
Improve your health
Spend your time wisely..only on things that will either make you friends or make you money.
save and invest in industry that you know you're knowledgeable in.

now go out there and do something big for yourself

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not alone. I often feel that I'm missing out on life. I just can't afford to do the things I really want to right now. I mean I can, but I would have to off-set/forfeit my future to do so, which isn't an option either.

Partyforlife, I definately feel you. I went to college too, and finacially it set me back. I know in the future I will make the money, but I just get the feeling that I lack the money at the time in life I need it most. Everyone tells me just wait and it will all come in time, but I don't want it in time. Let's face it, a hot sports car or home will do you FAR more good when you're in your mid-20's than it will when you're 50.

The sad part of life is that people can only usually afford the things that they wanted to do when young when they get older. I would personally prefer to have money when young and be average-to-poor when I got older. Let's face it, life isn't a guarantee, I don't know for sure that I'll survive to see the end of the week. I'd rather have my fun with the time I know I have.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
+1 to all of the above, I frequently have similar thoughts. I'm in school now working my ass off, if it doesn't pay off I'm going to be ****ing pissed :mad:

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slickaz said:
first things first..

Think positive.
Improve your relationship with God.
Improve your health
Spend your time wisely..only on things that will either make you friends or make you money.
save and invest in industry that you know you're knowledgeable in.

now go out there and do something big for yourself
amen brother amen

There is so much not a lot of emphaises on the spiritual so hearing some speak on postivity and God is refreshing

5 Things I'm doing to improve my situation

1. Improve with God
2. Get paid, paid paid!
3. Workout and eat as healthy as possible (although its hard sometimes to work out since I'm about to work 16 hours a week)

this year I've gone on more dates then ever in my life, but you know what? it sucked, cause half of the time I would walk home broke and all that. Right now is the time for me to make moves, I don't wanna be broke forever who does?

Solo

slickaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bru people say so much against it but honestly..

Since i found God i feel there is a reason to do better in my life, especially with Him guiding me and having a higher being to turn to.

I havent hit a low point since where i cant just Pray about it and feel better already..

Also i think The Bible's got alot of answer i seek.

anyway im not perfect but i can only try right, and help others.

so anyway about your broke-ness..

i dont wanna show off but heres something i used to do.

Before i got into the IT/Law/Consulting industry i used to broke on my ass.

i got together with some friends here and started up a business in what i knew best...urban designer wear.

being Black (not being racists here) and a DJ and a baller meant people kind of assumed i was a good source when it came to bringing the latest trends to this country.
i got along with another friend and opened an online trading site and on ebay.

it wasnt big it was just for fun. but eventually we made enough to get a lease on a small shop.
we set it up ourselves part time, couldnt afford designers and stuff..
we got street DJs in to promote their stuff every evening with turntables etc..people came just to see these guys cut up vinyl.
and ended up buying stuff.

so we started up a regular thing on thursday pms to let DJs spin and freestyle MS comps..and got Redbull to sponsor us.

we put one of the boys through bar school and set up a bar there.

then the bar manager recommended actually buying a club as the shop wasnt big enough for the ppl coming in.

so we ended up getting a bank loan and buying a club.

today thats one of the top hip hop and RnB clubs here.

i cashed in my part and bought a new house and a merc. lol.

Im starting up 2 more businesses soon.

all in a span of 3 years.

it is possible man..just put your mind in, get God in, get people who are reliable and focused just like you. set it up, its easy!!! and work it.

some days id go without sleeping for 24 hours because it'd be thursday morning college, PM the club till 5 am, back to college at 8am after cleaning up the club and reseting it, then finally home by 6pm friday evening.
sleep till 10am sat- gym, study till 10pm then back to the club till 5am.

times i wanted to give up SO BAD!!!..we had many times when we were running red in the accounts, so bad that some of the dudes (to whom that was theo nly form of income) almost wanted to jump of a bridge.

but ive noticed that when times get rough, the best of people come out, they go into survival mode and the mind comes up with ways to make that paper.n get moving ahead..

The shops still running, its huge here, exclusive dealers for some TOP japanese brands and New Era, nudie jeans etc..n the oldest amongst us is 27.lol.

go out there put your mindi n and win it dude, honestly it aint that hard if you put ur heart n mind in it

C-quenced

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the replies you guys.

You're not alone. I often feel that I'm missing out on life. I just can't afford to do the things I really want to right now. I mean I can, but I would have to off-set/forfeit my future to do so, which isn't an option either.

Partyforlife, I definately feel you. I went to college too, and finacially it set me back. I know in the future I will make the money, but I just get the feeling that I lack the money at the time in life I need it most. Everyone tells me just wait and it will all come in time, but I don't want it in time. Let's face it, a hot sports car or home will do you FAR more good when you're in your mid-20's than it will when you're 50.

The sad part of life is that people can only usually afford the things that they wanted to do when young when they get older. I would personally prefer to have money when young and be average-to-poor when I got older. Let's face it, life isn't a guarantee, I don't know for sure that I'll survive to see the end of the week. I'd rather have my fun with the time I know I have.

It's like you've read my mind dude. Life feels like a sick joke sometimes.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I the only one who sees the irony of the guy in existential despair being told to turn to God?

At the risk of sounding like a elitist, please please please look into some existential texts. A Nietzsche book is easy to get into but if you aren't the book type, at least wikipedia him to get a general idea. I think your problem stems from the fact that you KNOW that YOU are responsible for your life. While others put God in the driver's seat and are simply along for the ride, you have finally climbed in the front seat. But to stretch out an already strained analogy: not only do you understand that any accident you get in is due to a decision on your part but you also are coming to the realization that that there is no real point behind the drive you are partaking in.

In Fight Club they say that self-improvement is self destruction, but they had it all wrong. The problem was that Ed Norton's character attributed self-improvement with materialistic gains and external gratification... an improvement of the societal 'self' but not the self in the buddhist/Thoreau/Emerson sense of the word.

To Nietzshce, once we take God out of the picture, we cannot simply leave a gaping hole, we must replace it with something and Nietzsche comes to the conclusion that there is no-one more fit than ourselves.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ADHD is a load of crap. I hope for your sake you aren't on medication. That will just make things worse.

ADHD is just an excuse for people to stay lazy and not focus on a goal or a purpose.

And it's fine if you have a short attention span. Use this to your advantage by broadening your interests and hobbies. The more stuff you do, the more experience you accumulate, and closer you get to finding out who you really are.

And maybe you'll find out that you really are somebody who is in constant need of new experiences and challenges. Nothing wrong with that mindset.

But my point is, life waits for no man. It is up to you to grab it by its horns and ride it for all of its fun and glory!

C-quenced

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I the only one who sees the irony of the guy in existential despair being told to turn to God?

At the risk of sounding like a elitist, please please please look into some existential texts. A Nietzsche book is easy to get into but if you aren't the book type, at least wikipedia him to get a general idea. I think your problem stems from the fact that you KNOW that YOU are responsible for your life. While others put God in the driver's seat and are simply along for the ride, you have finally climbed in the front seat. But to stretch out an already strained analogy: not only do you understand that any accident you get in is due to a decision on your part but you also are coming to the realization that that there is no real point behind the drive you are partaking in.

In Fight Club they say that self-improvement is self destruction, but they had it all wrong. The problem was that Ed Norton's character attributed self-improvement with materialistic gains and external gratification... an improvement of the societal 'self' but not the self in the buddhist/Thoreau/Emerson sense of the word.

To Nietzshce, once we take God out of the picture, we cannot simply leave a gaping hole, we must replace it with something and Nietzsche comes to the conclusion that there is no-one more fit than ourselves.

I'll definitely look into it without a doubt but what book(s) should I look into exactly? Thanks.

ADHD is a load of crap. I hope for your sake you aren't on medication. That will just make things worse.

ADHD is just an excuse for people to stay lazy and not focus on a goal or a purpose.

And it's fine if you have a short attention span. Use this to your advantage by broadening your interests and hobbies. The more stuff you do, the more experience you accumulate, and closer you get to finding out who you really are.

And maybe you'll find out that you really are somebody who is in constant need of new experiences and challenges. Nothing wrong with that mindset.

But my point is, life waits for no man. It is up to you to grab it by its horns and ride it for all of its fun and glory!

I agree with everything you said besides your first several sentences. ADHD definitely exists among a much smaller group of people. I believe that it is over diagnosed however. No I have not been on any medications as of late and I'm far from lazy. I just have a condition which I'm not really able to explain but it's definitely there without a doubt.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
C-quenced said:
Does anyone feel like life is passing you by? There's a lot of things I want to do and experience that seem so out of my reach . At times I fear that it will never take place. I have a very low attention span due to ADHD and thoughts like these only make it worse.
What do you want to do? Have sex? Make more friends? Go to college? You have to have specific goals in mind and then take it one step at a time. The most important thing is your aim. Aim for what you want and do everything in your power to achieve it. That's where alot of people get in trouble, they don't have a specific goal in mind, they think if they cruise through life, a hot girl, a good job, more friends and more money will drop into their lap. Only when its too late they realize it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers!" - Homer J. Simpson

Reaction score
You,esp op,and the rest of other's who can relate,totally describe how I have felt more so in the last few months. It has been a lingering feeling for some time now,something that drains my energy. I mean seriously,for the past year,it has been work and school,a slow turn into what I had originally planned 4 years ago,but couldn't due to educational setbacks. Even though I overcame them,I am still very embittered. School has been little,3 semester's at a local communtiy college. But beat's nothing I guess. I have specific goals,both large and small,some inbetween. One has been having a regular social/dating life,something that has gone from zero to kinda sorta over the years. This is a problem that goes back to youth,and is still with me. So what does that say about me? I mean,sex seems like something out of the question for me,no one seems interested in you,only what you have to offer them,I could go into a whole rant about my problems with people in today's world,but it's late. I have all these thoughts about all this stuff,so it's hard for me to explain it all at once.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make a list of 100 goals you want to accomplish in your life. Starting with small ones that may take a week, to larger ones that may take some time. Law of attraction...look it up on youtube.

Reaction score
But see, when I try to, I get so overwhelmed by feeling I haven't already accomplished so much before,and wanting to be ahead. It's like my concious or whatever confuses its'self. I mean,I have goals,but feel like I don't have a gameplan. Even making that seems hard for me. And it's all lifestyle,i.e,work,some day's of school,at home mostly on days off,doing what I can to take my mind off of things. Socially,I feel very behind and left out,which has lead to a distrust toward's people. I feel like every possible negative thing rings true for me.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Must be something thats only hitting the DJ's lol because I've been feeling alot like this to lately. Now don't get me wrong I'm not depressed and i'm enjoying myself but at times I feel like I'm wasting time and life is going by so fast. It's like being out at the beach and waiting for the big wave to hit.

My only problem is I feel like I'm missing the wave. And that's what gets at me most is the fact that I really feel like I'm missing out on something but in reality I'm not. I know for a fact that I'm fully responsible for where I'm at right now in my life. Are there things I regret? You damn skippy but I think slickaz hit it on the money. Me and my wingman just had this conversation the other day and he came up with the conclusion of "Nothing is gonna happen until you get up of your a** and make it happen".

And just like slickaz said, in the hardest of times the best comes out in people and there gonna find a way to make money or make things better in general. Now for me I'll go ahead and admit that I'm not looking for a woman right now but I feel like that I'm holding myself back and that I should be doing bigger and better things. Kind of soul searching if thats the way you want to put it.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CapedCrusader08 said:
But see, when I try to, I get so overwhelmed by feeling I haven't already accomplished so much before,and wanting to be ahead. It's like my concious or whatever confuses its'self. I mean,I have goals,but feel like I don't have a gameplan. Even making that seems hard for me. And it's all lifestyle,i.e,work,some day's of school,at home mostly on days off,doing what I can to take my mind off of things. Socially,I feel very behind and left out,which has lead to a distrust toward's people. I feel like every possible negative thing rings true for me.
Thats because you live in a negative world and constantly recycle youre negative feelings. Be POSITIVE! Instead of complaining for all the problems and things you wish were different, try being grateful for what you do have and for the fact that youre trying to change. You dont need to see 200 ft in front of you, 10 ft is more than enough. I know exactly where youre coming from cause ive been there. Try it right when you read this, think about the things in your life that youre thankful for and see if you dont start to feel better. Like i said before go to you tube, type in law of attraction, find the full movie or parts and watch it. If it doesnt change your life i will sit here and answer any question you have.

Reaction score
there's alot of videos for law of attraction,which one do I pick? As for everything else,yeah,I am in this constant cycle. It has been that way for years,so I am used to it. I mean,I became withdrawn and isolated,didn't trust people,and thought they were all out to get me. This also led to feelings of anger and resentment.

I mean, it's hard for me not to feel this way currently for one specific reason,and that's having been out of school for the past 4 years. I am in school now,I did finally graduate this year,but I could be in another position entirely if things were different. It is something I am still rather embittered about. Not an easy feeling to shake. This has resulted in a feeling of being so far behind everyone else that it has led me to see people who are ahead of me as these idiot followers. I mean,I could be done with school,going onto grad school,and so many other things. But the truth is,I don't know if I have the discipline for that,or even the general ideas on this site. I have a learning disability,as well as add,I can pay attention to some things for very long,others not so long,I can take in ideas,but not applie them. Know what I mean? So does this affect me socially? Probably. As to how much? Not sure. I mean,I can spend copious amounts of time on the computer,but when it comes to paying attention to people talking,sometimes it's hard. This is what kills me,all the years gone by. All the missed opportunities. Not easy to shake.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CapedCrusader08 said:
there's alot of videos for law of attraction,which one do I pick? As for everything else,yeah,I am in this constant cycle. It has been that way for years,so I am used to it. I mean,I became withdrawn and isolated,didn't trust people,and thought they were all out to get me. This also led to feelings of anger and resentment.

I mean, it's hard for me not to feel this way currently for one specific reason,and that's having been out of school for the past 4 years. I am in school now,I did finally graduate this year,but I could be in another position entirely if things were different. It is something I am still rather embittered about. Not an easy feeling to shake. This has resulted in a feeling of being so far behind everyone else that it has led me to see people who are ahead of me as these idiot followers. I mean,I could be done with school,going onto grad school,and so many other things. But the truth is,I don't know if I have the discipline for that,or even the general ideas on this site. I have a learning disability,as well as add,I can pay attention to some things for very long,others not so long,I can take in ideas,but not applie them. Know what I mean? So does this affect me socially? Probably. As to how much? Not sure. I mean,I can spend copious amounts of time on the computer,but when it comes to paying attention to people talking,sometimes it's hard. This is what kills me,all the years gone by. All the missed opportunities. Not easy to shake.
Find try to find the 1/3 or the movie which should allow you to find the 2/3 and last part. As for you thinking about the past...so what? You could have done a lot of things but thats not the way it happened. Is anything gonna change? No so stop wasting your energy. Being stuck in the past and comparing yourself to people who are "more" successful will result in your current situation. At the very least you can change your patterns of thought seeing as you can put together sentences. Changing your thoughts is step one.