Does anyone do this?

Big B

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not s Big fan of going out alone. Most of my friends are just busy tonight or their wives won't let them out. Curious if anyone here goes out for drinks alone and try to meet new people and is it tough for them to do that? Feels like kind of a stupid question but don't want to look like a dumbass in the bar that has no friends either. All opinions or advice welcome. Thanks.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good question

Big B said:
I am not s Big fan of going out alone. Most of my friends are just busy tonight or their wives won't let them out. Curious if anyone here goes out for drinks alone and try to meet new people and is it tough for them to do that? Feels like kind of a stupid question but don't want to look like a dumbass in the bar that has no friends either. All opinions or advice welcome. Thanks.

I go out on the field by myself all the time(although I haven't had to as of late), although having a wing helps tremendously especially if he knows what he is doing. However for me, it helped my confidence out a lot, sarging by myself. If you are in a busy bar, just chat up random people. I usually start with the bar tender or someone around me, I like to gauge my surroundings and utilize that to my advantage, you know do a couple "practice" sets build up that social proof, then depending on the situation make my rounds. It's not tough for me at all, honestly lately I've been bored with it.

IndianaJoneS

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do it sometimes. But only when I feel good and powerful. Try to get to know people, approach women, find a place that makes you feel comfortable, change locations. I live in a small city and have to drive 20 kilometers to the next bigger city with some clubs and bars. I try to go by train so I can chat up some chicks to warm up so that I´m extroverted when I arrive.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I do it quite often.

I usually go to places I know well - and am familiar with. I ususally know some people there - or have seen them before in the bar.

The key is to not stand around like a tool. Sit at the bar where other people are at - and it's usually pretty easy to start a convo with other people around.

usually there's also a smoking area outside where people hang out - it's easy to go outside an spark convo's with people there.

Have fun with it.

Last edited:

Big B

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I am definitly confident enough and have no problem with that but feel maybe a little less social I guess. I think I will try this and force myself out of the dreaded comfort zone in hopes that it will boost my confidence to that next level.

GeorgeStrom

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I don't do this.

I don't think its normal to do so. That's my two cents. You asked for it.

Consider this, would you be interested in a girl who goes out by herself alone?

First question: Why doesn't this girl have friends with her? Does she not have friends? Is she a loser? Is she a psychopath?

I'm not saying this is right, but it would be a natural reaction.

Now...you could always throw out that line.."I'm waiting for friends"

But if people sense that you are trying to Socially Game them, then they will put up the defense.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I do this all the time and I believe it's usually a big SP hole you have to dig out of. Remember women are watching you and sizing you up whether you realize it or not. Standing around alone is a big SP negative. When you go to approach girls who have seen you alone, they're not going to be as responsive.

It helps to be seen talking to other people even if they're strangers. The girls won't know that they're not your friends. I will say though going out alone is better than going out with bad wings. My experience is if your wings just provided you SP and stay out of your way that's about is good as you can hope for. It's hard to find a wing that doen't work against you some way or another.

Unprez

Don Juan
Reaction score
GeorgeStrom said:
No, I don't do this.

I don't think its normal to do so. That's my two cents. You asked for it.

Consider this, would you be interested in a girl who goes out by herself alone?

First question: Why doesn't this girl have friends with her? Does she not have friends? Is she a loser? Is she a psychopath?

I'm not saying this is right, but it would be a natural reaction.

Now...you could always throw out that line.."I'm waiting for friends"

But if people sense that you are trying to Socially Game them, then they will put up the defense.
hmmm i guess its not normal for me to say go shopping by myself, or go to eat by myself or just go to a bar to watch a game by myself... i guess if i dont have a wifey or a friend to hang out wit i should just stay at home and get fat and depressed cuz according to u THAT is normal......i hope u dont travel alot for business otherwise u just might kill urself for not havin any friends around to go out with... i should really log the amount of dumbass responses i read on this , there should be an IQ testing done before ppl can be members like really.......

Big B

Don Juan
Reaction score
How my night went. I drank a few beers and got loose. Then listened to some good music on the way to the bar to get me in a better more confident mood. Walked in and when I got inside I felt a little nervous like people were just looking at me but kept reminding myself to not care and stay confident. Before I knew it I got to chatting with some women that were up at the bar. This was definitely making my confidence grow about being out alone. Also gaining me the SP that I needed to to meet other new people without coming off as "that strange guy". Supposed to go back to that bar tonight for some more dancing and fun. But tonight I will have plenty of friends with me so add that confidence with the confidence that I gained last night and I will feel invincible. Thanks for all your advice.

GeorgeStrom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unprez said:
hmmm i guess its not normal for me to say go shopping by myself, or go to eat by myself or just go to a bar to watch a game by myself... i guess if i dont have a wifey or a friend to hang out wit i should just stay at home and get fat and depressed cuz according to u THAT is normal......i hope u dont travel alot for business otherwise u just might kill urself for not havin any friends around to go out with... i should really log the amount of dumbass responses i read on this , there should be an IQ testing done before ppl can be members like really.......

Maybe your abrasiveness is the reason why you don't have friends that want to hang out with you.

I was giving my two cents to the TS. Sorry if my insight offended you, but just because I have a different opinion doesn't make me an idiot.

Fine...go ahead...go hang out at a bar by yourself, watch the game....I don't really care. I just think that its weird.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
Big B said:
I go out to clubs alone, not bars. I know a lot of people that do. Like you said, a lot of friends are wrapped up in their own lives sometimes, and I can't be bothered waiting around for friends to go out with, otherwise I'll be sitting at home jerking off wasting my life away, missing out on potential opportunities with chicks. When you do go out alone, stand next to other people and blend in with the rest of the crowd as not to look awkward. There's nothing wrong with going out alone, but it does look awkward if you stand away from everyone..it looks like you're anti-social and don't want to bother with anybody. Going out alone has also never put a damper on me hooking up with or getting vibes from attractive women.

I'll admit, I do feel funny going to a BAR alone. And that's because the experience and environment in a bar is different, as opposed to a club. But that's just me, it doesn't mean you should feel funny too. I just need to get past feeling funny with this. It's funny though, because if I was on a business trip in some hotel bar, I wouldn't feel funny. It's all psychological, because I'd know I'm at the hotel bar alone because I'm on a business trip which has nothing to do with having nobody to go out with like all the other cases. Knowing that, changes how I'd feel, if you get what I'm saying. It's all psychological dude. It can really play with your head. You just have to remember, being in a hotel bar alone is no different from being in a regular bar alone. Nobody knows whether you're there for business or just decided to take a vacation by yourself.