Does Alcohol Make You Do Stupid Things?

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scientifically speaking, alcohol suppresses the prefrontal cortex of your brain where decisions are apprised. Over time, it slowly erodes your ability to think.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However when I begin drinking and at the tipsy stage, I tend to get angrier much more and say things that I wouldn't usually say.
More shocking than discovering that when two beautiful co-eds room together at Sarah Lawrence, the urge to experiment with one another, put every cucumber in the house to unique use, becomes overwhelming

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't had a drink since I've been seriously back training which has been for about 18 months now.
I went hard on the macros for a year straight. I was taking shots of olive oil to get my fat where it needed to be for the day lol

I was in the best shape of my life, but I ultimately decided that it made me too much of a weirdo...at family functions and such.

Since then, i've kept working out consistently, but I also carry a belly. Not a big one, because I still fast and count my calories religiously. That became a part of me...

As i've gotten older, i've realized that the biggest benefit of working out is creating a strong body for older age. A lot of my peers have back problems, knee problems etc.

I have none of those, and i attribute it to having a lot of muscle around my back and legs.

And it's never too late to start, bros. You can still build muscle that will benefit you in later life.

You see those feeble guys in their 70s, limping around on a walker? You can avoid that by staying active in your young and middle years

To summarize: lifting weights not only benefits your ego now; the base body you develop will benefit you into your twilight years.

Reaction score
I'm not a heavy drinker myself, I enjoy a few drinks on the weekend only and it's usually at home, not in the bars or clubs etc.

I tend to drink vodka.. However I am at a point now, where I think I really need to quit alcohol all together.

It's not because I drink too much or I am addicted to alcohol in any sense.

It's mostly because, I tend to be quite Stoic and rational when sober.. If someone annoys me or disrespects me, I internalise the situation and react in a rational/stoic manner.

However when I begin drinking and at the tipsy stage, I tend to get angrier much more and say things that I wouldn't usually say.

This is a problem. Some things are better left unsaid, especially around chicks.. I think from today onwards I will work hard at dropping the alcohol completely.

Any of you guys have any similar situations with alcohol, has it caused problems in your in relationships at all.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to a study, there are four types of drunks and the last one is called " Mr. Hyde". These are the mean drunks and the most likely to experience negative consequences from drinking. Mr. Hydes should quit drinking as soon as possible.

I have a friend who is a Mr. Hyde drunk, it has caused him legal problems, getting assaulted, losing phones/wallets, self-injury and job loss (multiple times).

I have another friend who is a functional alcoholic and glorifies drinking. However, his personality doesn't change and drinking has not caused him any negative consequences.