"Do you think I'm pretty?"

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
I got asked this today by a friend, whats the point of asking this and what does it even mean?

I said "nah, not really" by the way, but she is pretty though

saturos

Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:
I got asked this today by a friend, whats the point of asking this and what does it even mean?

Not always certain myself, but what you said is definitley not it.

playainthemaking

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol

Wait why would you not complement her if shes your friend. You sound like an ******* to have said no. I mean if shes a friend then you should treat her as one and say that to her without her asking from time to time. Im sure she has told you that you look handsome or dress nice. If shes not a friend or your using the term roughly and your more like class mates and you have a crush on her then well i would say you need to pursue her more. If shes asking that it means shes seeking your approval cause shes attracted.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
playainthemaking said:
Wait why would you not complement her if shes your friend. You sound like an ******* to have said no. I mean if shes a friend then you should treat her as one and say that to her without her asking from time to time. Im sure she has told you that you look handsome or dress nice. If shes not a friend or your using the term roughly and your more like class mates and you have a crush on her then well i would say you need to pursue her more. If shes asking that it means shes seeking your approval cause shes attracted.
I might have sounded like an *******, but I said it sarcastically with a smile on my face, I WASNT a jackass about it, I would NEVER tell someone theyre ugly and be serious about it.

No she hasnt told me im handsome or dress nice either

DrD77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with it. If you said it sarcastically then you have nothing to worry about.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wut?
why would u say she didn't look good?
even if she was ugly, there's no reason to put people down like that.
u know how much girls care about their appearance....

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy Asian said:
wut?
why would u say she didn't look good?
even if she was ugly, there's no reason to put people down like that.
u know how much girls care about their appearance....
HandyAndy said:
I might have sounded like an *******, but I said it sarcastically with a smile on my face, I WASNT a jackass about it, I would NEVER tell someone theyre ugly and be serious about it.
This question has already been answered.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh nvm, just read that u said it sarcastically.

i think a good response would be "only when ur standing next to me :)"

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:

Wow. What if you asked her "do you think I'm good looking?" And she said "Nah, not really" half jokingly.

Would that turn you on?

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:
Wow. What if you asked her "do you think I'm good looking?" And she said "Nah, not really" half jokingly.

Would that turn you on?
I dont ask people if im good looking, girls tell me on their own, im not insecure to the point where I need reassurance from a girl

I did smile, and I did laugh when I said it, maybe I came off as an assh0le, she didnt seem to mind the rest of the day?

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion, it was absolutely fine if you said it with a sarcastic smile.

you could have said it more playfully though like,
i don't know. on a scale of 1 to 10, i'd give you like a 2 :)

But again, she HAS to be pretty, at least HB 7 or above. Otherwise you make her feel better, no negging.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:
I dont ask people if im good looking, girls tell me on their own, im not insecure to the point where I need reassurance from a girl

I did smile, and I did laugh when I said it, maybe I came off as an assh0le, she didnt seem to mind the rest of the day?
I can see there is nothing wrong with your ego.

Even if she didn't mind for the rest of the day, most girls ask a question like that to be reassured. Most girls, or anybody for that matter, want to be with people who bring them up, you make them feel good about themselves. Esp if you look like a model like you say, she was looking for a self esteem boost from you. It's easy to bring someone down and insult them.

Maybe the situation you were in with her was different.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Well maybe I should mention that this girl is the type of girl that laughs when you make fun of her. Ive known her since last year and ive tease the **** out of her everytime I see her, I make her crack up everyday, and a genuine laugh too, she loves laughing at herself and goes crazy laughing when you make fun of her and tease her.

Shes a cheerleader so I make fun of how she sucks at cheering and smells lol, but she knows im joking with her.

The point im trying to make is that shes gotten so used to me making fun of her, that what I said today was no big deal and is probably what she was expecting out of me.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always thought that was the "kiss me" line. She's obviously looking for validation; it's a win-win.

Ultimate sh!t move; I had a girl hanging out with me in my dorm room complaining how her boyfriend sucked, then asked me that. In hindsight, the proper response would have been to kiss her, I am sure it would have gone a lot further than that, too. I didn't realize until much later that this girl was into me.

End result, I played the AFC card and was treated as such.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Effington said:
I always thought that was the "kiss me" line. She's obviously looking for validation; it's a win-win.

I agree with Effington about the validation part 100%,however,I completely disagree about it being a "win-win". When a girl says that to you,she's trying to get an ego/self-esteem boost. I believe there is a right way and a wrong way to handle the situation,and if she thought that HandyAndy was being serious,then he handled it the wrong way. Instead of giving her a yes or no answer,I would have said something like,"Do I think you're pretty? Well,to be honest,I think you'd look better with your hair up/down". If her hair was down,tell her she'd look better with it up. If it was up,tell her she'd look better with it down. I guarantee you the next time she knew that she was going to see you,her hair would be the way you said it looked best.

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Effington said:

Ultimate sh!t move; I had a girl hanging out with me in my dorm room complaining how her boyfriend sucked, then asked me that. In hindsight, the proper response would have been to kiss her, I am sure it would have gone a lot further than that, too. I didn't realize until much later that this girl was into me.

End result, I played the AFC card and was treated as such.
Sometimes its validation, sometimes it's a win-win. It depends on her vocal tonality and dynamics of your relationship with her.