Do you judge your looks by pictures or the mirror?

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure you guys have noticed how different you look in pictures and how you view yourself in a mirror.

What do you use to base your appearance on, and do you think you look better in the mirror or in pictures?

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't really noticed. I'm fvcking handsome regardless ;)

Interesting topic.

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always think i look good in the mirror, but i see some pictured of myself and cringe! I'd say the pictures were more accurate, its how other people would see you, the lighting is always pretty good on my mirror also, and is always the same angle.

Video your self, that would be more realistic

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting topic.

I consider myself unphotogenic, I usually look a little "weird" on photos, unless it's a "candid" one, you know when people are not telling you that they are taking a picture of you. If I'm asked to smile or pose for pictures, 90% of the time, I won't look good.

Anyway girls are attracted to me, and I look good in the mirror, so it's alright...:whistle:

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mirror, and what others say.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say what I said earlier in another thread, to all those who said that they are "un-photogenic" that it's not that you aren't photogenic, it's just that you're ugly. But I wont, because I fear repercusions with the moderators because of my comments. :)

Oh, I look good on both, I know how to ...exhude?... my good features. Whatever that means ha. Where do I judge myself? Well, not on any one in particular, I've seen videos of myself.. and well, you can't hide your ugliness from "working your stuff"... I know I'm supposed to be ugly as a man anyways, so . . .

btw, If any of you want to see a sexy mofo, send me a pm, and I'll post my pic ;-)

edit- Oh no!! It's another "looks thread!" Bytches are the ones who spend HOURS getting pretty, they are BORN with CHEMICALS that make them look hot, MEN ARE NOT!

Last edited:

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamePendo said:
I'd say what I said earlier in another thread, to all those who said that they are "un-photogenic" that it's not that you aren't photogenic, it's just that you're ugly. But I wont, because I fear repercusions with the moderators because of my comments. :)
Sorry, but that's bullsh1t. People look different in photographs because it's a flat 2D image of a complex 3D object -- your head -- which distorts your features, for some people more than others. Sometimes it makes people look worse, sometimes it makes people look better, and some people just aren't affected by it. Ever notice how some girls look hotter in their photos than they do in real life? It works both ways. I myself for some reason don't look as good in photos as in real life, and I though it was just my imagination until my friend saw some pictures of me on a trip I took and said it was weird because a lot of them didn't even really look like me.
Also, keep in mind that some people just don't make photogenic faces while having their picture taken.

The image you see of yourself in the mirror is a much more faithful representation of how you look than photographs. That's how you look to everyone else, because it's the moving, 3-dimensional image everyone else sees, unlike a flat, still photograph. Thank god I look better in the mirror. :)

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Camera flashes make me look ghost white when I'm really not. The camera I have can't take pictures well in natural lighting. They end up turning out darker and more blurred than they are in reality. Also, photos can make a person look radically better or worse just depending on which angle you tilt your head. Depending on which photo I post on hotornot, I've gotten everything from a 5.5 to a 9.5 . They really aren't an accurate representation. The mirror (in a well lit room) is much more reliable IMO, and also comments from people, (eg, you're handsome, etc).

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
Mirrors in my house suck, that's why I had a bad self image. On the other hand mirror in my aunt's house is perfect. I look cool in any mirror when I'm drunk.

By the way, I agree with nighthawk, you gotta be filmed while not watching. But then again, you may still end up looking like ass. Security cameras for example, all depends on camera quality, the angle, and the lighting, and what you doing.

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had pictures of me when I was not looking and they actually look better than when i'm prepared and pose for a picture... I must just suck at posing.. haha

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Mirrors are closest to how people see you in real life, so I go by them. You have to remember, how you are percieved is more than just the physical aspects of your face. Its also about how your muscles move. Do your eyes open all the way or are they more relaxed? Do you move your eyebrows while you talk? Do you smile wide or just a little bit? These are things that you can't see in a picture.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
after my weeks of research on this topic. my answer its the mirror. thats the real view . use two side mirrors to see the side of your face and your back. pictures are 2d images and you might look good at some shots and ugly at the nxt. so if you look ugly in the mirror you are ugly period.hope that answers the question.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know some girls who look weird in photos but smoking hot in person, so I'd have to say Pendo's point is moot.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know some girls who look FAR better in real life than photos. They are smoking hot, but in photos, look VERY ordinary!

I know others who are some of the highest paid models in the country who look ok in person, but incredible in photos.

So there can be a BIG difference between photos and real life.

Mirrors depend on the lighting, shape of the mirror etc.

As for myself, some photos look shocking of me, some look really really good. Same as mirrors. Just depends the lighting, angle, pose I am striking, etc.