do you have PUA bag of tricks?

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've decided that I'm going to start building up my own "bag of tricks" to use out in the field to charm the ladies when I open them and break through. These things really have a great potential to break the ice and make a girl more amenable to conversation. Mystery uses magic, Style uses "the cube", David DeAngelo uses handwriting analysis. There's astrology too. This is the stuff that Tyler calls "chick crack".

I'm REALLY interested in learning cold reading. Any book suggestions?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't going to be an actual bag, is it?

Paradigm Artisan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahhhh, why not?! Style had a literal bag of tricks.

Oh, I know one!!

For your first trick, why not put a whole lot of confidence in your bag. That way, you won't need to use silly tricks to prove you can speak and socialize. Just go up, with a whole lot of confidence in your bag and it's on. No need to trick them into liking you, they just do.

You know what else has a great potential of breaking the ice also? "Hi."

This stuff is no doubt fun, but make sure it's only seasoning for the sustance. Not the substance itself. I've seen too many guys go beserk with this stuff, you know, 'social robots'. They forget that the techniques are only there for the begining to get guys meeting women, and that once there is no need for them, that they can drop it.

If anyone knows who Brian is, the last time I checked on him he had six model girlfriends. And he admits that a successful mindset and friendly attitude is much more powerful than the best techniques. Also, Brent from DYD stats a similar response, and he goes from knowing a women for 5 minutes to straight to the bedroom. His secret? His paradigm. The way he see's things. Can even the best tricksters say they can do all that without a bit of effort? NO.

So, don't worry about techniques, get the inner game goin' first. This way, you don't need to use 452 manuevers into the 'perfect lay', instead women will naturally want to be with you, no magic needed.

I know, I know, "But their so fun!!"

Oh, a great site for graphology is http://handwritinguniversity.com/

But, you don't need to use this as a trick, graphology can be a great tool to use just for yourself.

Natch

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's an ebook floating around about cold reads called wonder readings. I have it and it's fcuking awesome.

lYlasTer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I use magic occasionally. What's ironic is I was doing magic long before I got into the seduction scene so it was surreal reading about Mystery using magic to pick up women. I focus my magic on impromptu where I can do it anytime, anywhere, using their items so I don't really carry anything around for it

Natch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro I can't get that website to open, but WR is by Kenton Knepper and Steve Sikes.

Spidy R

Reaction score
yeah. I believe magic is just to demonstrate your value and amplifying their attraction towards you, not for openers.

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
Save the magic for kid's parties, along with your clown outfit!

timeforacatnap

Don Juan
Reaction score
i take it you mean a routine stack

thus i shall post mine as follows:

5/6 planned openers (for when i stall out)
5/6 negs
palm reading
the cube
strawberry fields
glow in the dark pig story
16yearold cousin story
incredible connections pattern
the rose pattern
discovery channel pattern
date doctor story
thumb wars
i like game
truth or dare
palm slaps
cold read stuff
our worlds routine

also in addition i'll ahve something like a cowboy had for peacocking

i'll have scouted out bounce and tiem bridge locations

i'll also have confidence and C+F and dress smart

fell free to use some of my stack, if you need clarifying, ask.

timeforacatnap

Don Juan
Reaction score
shezz, to avoid confusion, i use a routine stack as a filler, for when i run out of things to talk about, or to spike a girls buying temp.

thus the following are when routine stacks ought to be used..in my opinion:

1)training wheels, ie for those who need the crutch
2)experiment, eg to learn more aobut sub communication, running a routine means you've freed up a aprt of your brain so you no longer have to worry about what to say, but can thus focus on how to say it.
3) filler, when conversation dies, or she gets out of state etc.
4) to facilitate patterns, it tends to be easier to run patterns when they are pre-planned.

i dont think running routines makes you a clown, there are legit circumstances when running routine based game is powerful and useful.

altough i'd encourage ppl to use only routines that they thouggh up themselves or that are congruent with their persoanlity.

lastly, its good to use routines as its another tool in the tool box, but dont become reliant on them either.

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I perceive "tricks" as stuff i wouldn't do naturally like the kiss test and the 180 turn,some canned neg hits,a couple compliance tests like spinning (new addition to the armory,thanks to MM!),the "just one,don't be greedy" line (when kissing her cheeks as a greeting,again thanks to MM :D),stuff that can go naturally in every occasion.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the most part, I think carrying around a bunch of magic tricks is pretty try hard. The temptation to whip them out @ the first lull is just too great. Before long you're not really focusing on PUing women anymore and you're just running around showing neat little tricks. The only thing I do is impromptu stuff that requires no external objects, my goal isn't to become a famous magician. Additionally, Mystery is on a serious publicity hound. Assuming his VH-1 deal were to go down, I don' think you'll want to be acting like a magician in clubs since all the guys will know what you're doing and tool you infront of the girls.

When I was traveling in South and Central America I ran into *tons* of Americans who fly down there soley to have SEX. They didn't even care about the culture. When these weirdos would talk to me, I found out they had been to Thailand and all sorts of places spending a fortune on poon. Guys will go to any extreme to get laid, but a good 40% of men despite all this still won't approach women. This means you are only possibly competeing with 60% of men on earth. A good 30% of those are probably too young or too old. Another 10% are too messed up in the head to be worried with. At most you are competing with 20% of all men. All you need to do is work on yourself and keep approaching. I would steer totally away from magic tricks and use the cold reading, palmistry, or stage hypnosis if I wanted something to entertain ladies with. This way you never look in your bag and say, "**** it's not there".

The one time I would use magic tricks is at strip clubs. You really need something to get their attention. Floating dollar trick is probably the best.

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
agghhh - I hate guys who do magic to pickup girls - I don't know why, it just bugs me

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am still building my game, but currently I just like going in unprepared and doing a quick scan for openers: general ice-breakers or negs. Even if the opener is so-so, she usually responds positively if she is a fun friendly type. If not, then I tease her/them about being shy or needing a good night's rest. Some I've found are just bone lazy and perk up once they see you're not going to bore them to death, heh heh. From there just tease and segue into rapport, but only if they're interesting to me.

I've also been opened by chicks who eavesdropped or watched me teasing girls. This taught me to speak up whenever I game, because you never know who's listening.

As I read somewhere, I think it's essenstial to have your energy levels up...as high or higher than that of the venue vibe. When walking to a sarging venue, I use the tip (also read somewhere) of saying hello to every female along the way. Some even make me stop and talk, LOL.

Anyway, like I've said before, if you need to rely on one or two gimicks/acts, then you're sunk. But ultimately, use whatever works for you.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Carrying around runes or magic tricks in a man-purse is sooo tryhard...

Cold reading is super effective though...it kind of is disillusioning though when you realize how much almost all girls are the same...

Permission

Banned
Reaction score
Shezz said:
IOIs - Courtesy of PlayerSupreme:

Shezz, while there is no doubt that those 10 things are signs, aren't you really limiting your potential pool by only going for girls who do that? A person would have to rely solely on their looks for this to work. And there are times when the girl simply doesn't see you, so it's kind of impossible for her to give you signs.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shezz said:
What ive come to realise is that you dont have to go through that phase of ACTING like an entertainer to attract someone who probably couldnt give a sh1t if you were on fire, look for IOIs from the get go! Save yourself the aggro of trying endlessly to impress someone when you are the god damn prize and she should be trying to impress you!!!
This is my exact philosophy too. I've been rejected many times, but only by girls whose interest was low to begin with. However, since sticking to girls who have shown interest (or shy girls who unconsciously give off the vibes), I don't recall being refused a number.

Whenever you find yourself trying to create or increase interest expect a lot of work and a lot of problems. It's not worth it in my opinion, when all that time you spend sarging uninterested chicks could be spent in bed with interested ones.

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night there was a lull in the number of approachable honeys in the venue, so I went looking for sullen stand-off-ish chicks (crossed arms, looked bored, vaguely angry) to chat up just for fun. It's masochistic to do that, but quite good for being on your toes and thinking quickly.

My goal was to leave them no worse than when I started; hopefully in a bit better mood. Needless to say, it was a pretty gruesome experience, but later I enjoyed watching other guys being shot down much faster than I was, i.e. within seconds and then giving up, hahahaha. :yes: