Do you guys really, honestly "NOT CARE" when you get rejected?

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iwouldn't respond to the e-mail, and I would move on. Yes rejection does hurt, no matter how hard you are inside, a part of you will always take it personal. But then you find another girl, and forget about the old one. As long as you don't stop looking and don't sit there depressing yourself into a downward spiral, you WILL be happy.

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake

JT: "... now add a drop of sodium nitrate...."

Mmmmmm, oxidizers.

Belgium_Freak

Don Juan
Reaction score
yep, i'd respond like "you'r right, i didn't feel anything either. Let's just be friends."

By the way, it's not your looks because she agreed to go on a date didn't she ? You must have screwed up at the date...OR she is **** testing you.

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd also bet that you didn't get sexual with her. She most likely saw you as a nice guy and bam...no chemistry. Don't get down on yourself about your looks. It's not about what she "think" about you. It's ALL ABOUT how she FEELS about you. She can think you're ugly all she wants but if you have good game she'll FEEL attracted to you. Her friends will ask "What do you see in him?!?" She'll be like, "I dunno...there is just something sexy about him!".

When I phuck up and don't get the girl I do get a bit upset. Not mad or sad, but definitely frustrated. Which I see as a good thing. Cause the feeling of frustation is, in a way, a positive emotion. It just means that deep down you know you can achieve what you're setting out to do but so far have been unsuccessful. I use that knowledge to push me on and meet other girls, learning from past mistakes.

The more you learn and more girls you see the more you realize just HOW MUCH is determined by your personality. Cliche, I know, but true nonetheless.

-Soma

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I care, sometimes I don't. Usually it's a slight dent in my armor, but even then I still think of it this way. I approached, and I didn't wussy out. If I did wussy out, yes I wouldn't of been rejected but I nevre would of had the experience and the girl may have been extremely interested in me.

Also, to your personal experience, did you keep a sexual tone?

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more you get rejected, the less significant it gets.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rejection/being dumped doesn't kill my confidence or composure like it used to, but it does still hurt. I agree with Soma that it's very frustrating...especially when there's no explanation for it, but it can all be used in a positive way.

I have trouble taking the "it's out of my hands" attitude and forgetting about it. Rejections to me are like wake up calls that say "you're not perfect. You have work to do!", so instead of sitting around moping, I use them as motivation to improve myself - physically or mentally.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rejections tend to make me want to approach the next girl even more. Like Dirtheart said, it makes me want to improve myself more.

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
!

rejection is pretty ****ty but its not the end of the world. just think of this way.... if someone doesnt like me Fu*k em why should i like em... i am better then that.... and try not to think about it everytime you do just shift your mind to something else... go get another date..... and after a week you should be OK and ready to hustle more girls.....

Cheers !

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you know that in Mandarin chinese the word for opportunity is the same as for crisis. It hurts me sometimes but its a learning experience.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't respond to the e-mail!!! All the guys that are saying to respond and act like you didn't feel anything either know jack-shiat about girls!!! I see their angle on trying to make it seem like it didn't phase you, but it DID so why act like it doesn't bother you when it does. Just move on bro.

I personally wouldn't get bent out of shape when I really like a girl and she doesn't feel the same way after 1 get together. I take it as a lesson to teach me a new skill to apply to the next chick. Get over it, its not a big deal.

You'll have to learn not to take rejections personally, otherwise you'll never be a DJ.

PIMP

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everybody's human on this... if you get rejected for whatever then you get downhearted if you wanted it

Difference in it all is how you deal with it... and how long you're downhearted for... after a club rejection give me a couple of minutes, a couple more for somethin that's progressed a little... I just learnt the lesson that there's no point standin thinkin about what you didn't get... sure take sometime to think about why you didn't get it and move to improve that aspect so that in future you have a better chance of gettin it, but don't linger and wish that you got it for any longer than 5 minutes because time's a wastin', then given the marketplace see what else is good

As for those early dates, as everythin' is flowin just relax and take a step back to survey the situation... it's too easy to think all is that good when it is far from being... if you withdraw from the situation a little whilst still engaged in conversation then you can analyse it with much less bias and get a true picture which gives you that much more power when it comes to your own actions and talk in the situation... the more self awareness you have the better you can dictate what happens

ddubdubw

Don Juan
Reaction score
how do you learn from rejections that you have NO idea what you did/went wrong? I would feel better if I knew why I was rejected then to take her on a date, have fun, but then get rejected upon the next date.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rawr!

Listen man, if i worried about every chick that ever rejected me/did something wrong.. i'd probably in a mental institution full of paranoia.

The other person was right, more rejections= you giving less of a fvck.

I do have a couple of moments that make me cringe when i look back, but i just say "i was a dumbass back then, if this was now i'd be money"... and move on.

So many times i would brush off and laugh off chicks rejecting me.. so many times i would laugh with my friends at stuck up hoes who cant let their ***** shields down... hell man, what the **** is the worry..

oh, here is the advice to that one chick in original post : call her again, and go out again.. you had to see how interested she was in FVCKING YOU on the first date... try it again just for fun.. then fvcking kiss her ass, see what happens.

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends really if I've only dated a girl for 3 to 6 months I'm not going to care when either she or I call it quits. Its when its long term and you end up living together that you notice you have started to care. But I'm safe in the knowledge that there is someone better out there, which there always is. I will be down for a couple of days but then I at the end I just put it behind me and move on. Its not like you can linger in the past any how.

-Grey Fox

Sam-sgc

Reaction score
funny, almost the same thing happened to me not too long ago.

I went for two dates with this hot chick..and not too long after the second one, she told me over the phone she didn't feel any connection. WTF ? anyhow, I never called her back after that..but she did call me again and we went for a 3rd date just before vacation. Everything went really well.. but I wasn't too sure about this one..since I don't want to be stuck in the 'friend' zone.

anyhow, I just forgot about her...went on vacation..met some nice lady...got a couple of new numbers (ahhh fresh..) and I'm now busy as hell..

and I'm pretty sure I'll get a call from the first chick by the end of the week... I'm pretty sure she was just testing me...:rolleyes:

may be she's doing the same thing... just don't be desperate..but don't tell her to fvck off either !

chow
Sam

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aBAzLLnA
To avoid getting an ego hit, get rid of your ego and you'll be invulnerable.

~ivan
Do not get rid of your ego. Your ego is your best friend. Just learn to control your ego.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not get rid of your ego. Your ego is your best friend. Just learn to control your ego.
I don't mean ego as in your confidence. I mean ego as in your self conciousness.

~ivan