Do you guys feel nothing from media (movies, shows, songs) that romanticize relationships?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I often find myself relating to certain movies or songs that may not necessary be "blue pilled" but certainly seem to make relationships and women to seem almost magical or important, whether in a positive or melancholic light. I mean c'mon, can you really hear songs like this and not feel the appeal?

Does anyone else struggle with this? It seems like it's keeping the flame associated my old beliefs about love/romance alive, even if that flame is a dying ember. This isn't to say that depictions songs or movies convey about romance are all wrong, but it does seem to glorify it and make you have "hope" that might walk the line between reality and delusion.

I have to say after all these years there is still a few woman (and one woman in particular) who I dated with that I will not ever forget for the rest of my life and I don't think any amount of experience or knowledge will change that. And that's real. I know the "red pill" ideology demands you must not "pedestalize " women, that this comes from a place of scarcity, etc but I really don't buy it. Some men may never cross paths with women who really tap into something, the ones who seem like a perfect match for you, and fewer are lucky enough to actually develop something with them long term. I'm not talking about "the one" as it's normally described, but obviously there is a range of chemistry and ideal qualities in the types of women you meet, and to deny that some are real, rare connections seems foolish to me. I think TRP fails to address the human experience on some level and these sort of events aren't mere foolish, misguided, naive sentimentality that are built up in your head. If you are in a place of abundance and not the type to fixate on the past, it's easier to have confidence that these feelings are genuine.

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
It's fine, and perfectly human to experience emotions in response to external stimulai, art included. Not getting overtaken by them is what's essential. This means not becoming fixated on a gal whom you crushed on from afar's suicide, despite the fact you never bedded her ala. 13 Reasons Why, or spending an entire week or more sobbing after re-watching 94's The Crow

Though one can be forgiven for giving up on life entirely, after consuming so much as a microsecond of the trailer for that f-cking remake which'll soon be upon us...

Clockwerk50

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really. I watch thrillers, drama, and action movies, and sometimes I watch chick flicks. I also listen to Latin music where the lyrics range from declaring one’s love to someone else, to selling drugs, to asking a girl to cheat on their spouse with you.

Just how I know that lawyers don’t move like they do in court rooms like they show us in the movies, I know most of the romantic and action stuff is not real. It is entertainment after all. Women often make these movies in their head with someone they like.

Last edited:

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are certain songs that remind me of "Eras" in my life you know time periods that remind me of me coming of age as a young man, or periods that resonate with me deeply heck there a couple songs that remind me of women cause I use to be that guy to have a "Love mix" CD lol

As you get older music from your era or generation just hits different IMO. I haven't kept up with music in a good 11 years because the older I got the more stale and repetitive music became. I remember being in college and discovering 60s, 70s, 80s and early 90s R&B, hip-hop, and soul thanks to a buddy at the time who was a big music head. He really educated me on this. IMO certain artists , certain songs or certain music from those eras sounds better than 90% of the stuff out today

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many movies, music, and shows have a blue pilled ideology. The blue pilled ideology is the mainstream ideology toward romantic relationships. The production companies want to have content that will have meaning and sell well.

Many of the musical artists have a blue pill ideology too.

Pre-1990, blue pill ideologies didn't have as bad of outcomes in the mating marketplace. If you're watching or listening to older content, that's an important consideration.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would put those types of music videos on a playlist, but only play it if I'm having no decent interactions at all with the opposite sex for over two days, or somethin like that, among other videos on that playlist. They are just a cousin of fake girlfriend ASMR videos.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was listening to some Springsteen yesterday and you can just feel through the music and videos of that era that men and women generally connected in a much more authentic manner there were far less distractions and that is obviously a prerequisite for "love"

Also believe its why a lot of couples got married a lot Younger

I always look for that kind of instant spark with a woman where nothing else matters and we are infatuated with one another but to be honest I don't think I've ever truly found it

Most women I come across are very wishy washy / avoidant or emotionally damaged , the ones who are more open / engaged are usually at least a point if not 2 points below me in SMV so are just trying to please me so just feels fake....

-----------------------------------------

I met a woman last week I wouldn't say I was head over heels for her but we certainly had enough that could be explored further

Managed to get her on a call yesterday and her energy was just flat as if we were just going through the motions I tried to raise the tempo ,but I left the call thinking WHERE THE FVCK is the passion

Now I don't even really want to see her again , let alone spend $$$ on a date for her

It's bizarre because women on the face of it are supposed to be the more romantically oriented sex , but in my experiences that hasn't really been the case at all .....it almost always just feels like hard work

Even scheduling a simple date with a new women is like a military operation

Most seem to almost have brick walls around their personas you need to spend weeks / months trying to break down

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was listening to some Springsteen yesterday and you can just feel through the music and videos of that era that men and women generally connected in a much more authentic manner there were far less distractions and that is obviously a prerequisite for "love"

Also believe its why a lot of couples got married a lot Younger

I always look for that kind of instant spark with a woman where nothing else matters and we are infatuated with one another but to be honest I don't think I've ever truly found it

Most women I come across are very wishy washy / avoidant or emotionally damaged , the ones who are more open / engaged are usually at least a point if not 2 points below me in SMV so are just trying to please me so just feels fake....

-----------------------------------------

I met a woman last week I wouldn't say I was head over heels for her but we certainly had enough that could be explored further

Managed to get her on a call yesterday and her energy was just flat as if we were just going through the motions I tried to raise the tempo ,but I left the call thinking WHERE THE FVCK is the passion

Now I don't even really want to see her again , let alone spend $$$ on a date for her

It's bizarre because women on the face of it are supposed to be the more romantically oriented sex , but in my experiences that hasn't really been the case at all .....it almost always just feels like hard work

Even scheduling a simple date with a new women is like a military operation

Most seem to almost have brick walls around their personas you need to spend weeks / months trying to break down
Well said.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Romance novels are fiction aimed at women.

As a man, you cannot really afford to take 'Disney Romance' seriously. Doesn't mean you cannot enjoy a trip to DisneyWorld, but you have to be aware that Mickey Mouse doesn't really exist.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you know about Springsteen's relationships, you can see that he made a huge mistake (as he found later on) when he married a model. Cute as she was, she lived in a totally different world, even if they were both celebrities. Springsteen divorced from her and married Patty Scialfa, who played in his band and was from the same background, and so a much better match. AFAIK, they're still together.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure it gives you warm and fuzzy feelings. The producers know what sells $$$$$. But I'd hope that experience teaches you to take this lovey dovey emotional schitt with a grain of salt.

There will be times you feel this way about a girl, but don't yearn for that expectation. Don't let it carry you off the cliff either.

This is the fantasy they are selling you and people crave fantasy because its an escape from the daily grind.