Do you guys DJ when drunk more so than when you're sober?

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Over here in Ireland (and Im sure the UK) this would be quite common as cold approaches during the day are seen as unusual over here.

Im not really talking about getting totally hammered, just slightly tipsy.

Named

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I've been drinking I lose any trace of being AFC and chat up any HBs that are near. I usually end up with their number because i keep the conversation going, and I'm quick witted aswell. Cold approaches are weird most places in England aswell but it's probably more effective because they're so rare.

Reaction score
if u dont use cold approaches then your romantic fate will b determined by your own little circle of acquaintences - doesnt sound too promising - cold approaches open your possibilities of finding someone u r atrracted to - a thousandfold!

since this is not common in england and ireland - then make sure your cold approach is a sophisticated one....

for example

if you see a girl walking by you can say...

i will be remissed if i let you walk by me and I did not acknowledge your presence - i most likely will not see you again - would it be terribly impolite to ask for your name and phone number

if she doesnt want to give you her phone number then just dismiss yourself politely by saying

"have a pleasant day and excuse my abrupt behavior but God designed us guys to do some crazy things" and then smile politely and walk away with your head high feeling like a man and proud that u have done your duty.

if she say yes i will give u my number (don't act startled - u deserved it) - then tell her "let me accomodate you with the means of transcription:...

then go through your pockets smoothly and not excitedly searching for the pen - dont find it too easily then it seems as though this was all planned and plotted as if u do it all the time and as if it was not an impromtu act - take a few seconds - and then have her write her number herself on a receipt or other paper that is not blank - again u dont want to make this looked planned - do not give her a lttle black book with other numbers in it - dont be arrogant be polite - then ask her "what would be the best time to reach you? " wait 2 or 3 days before u call - dont seem too eager

dismiss yourself with pleasantries - "have a pleasant day"

p.s. - dont forget to give her your name after she gives you hers.
also - if she is not walking by you then obviously u would have to use a different opening - such as, "i will be remissed if i left this place without acknowledging your presence...

hope this helps - let me know if it works for u - and of course make adjustments as u see fit and for what the situation allows.

good skill!!

Last edited:

Eric Smith

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJing when drunk, let alone drinking, is foolish. I stay away from the bottle entirely. I don't want my brain cells killed and get b1tch tits from increased estrogen production. Besides from experience of watching those who have been drunk, girls take you less seriously. If you ask a girl's number, a lot of times they will say "Ask me when you are sober." This has happened before...many a time.

I like to DJ sober because everything flows better. No slurred speech, less chance of me saying something ridiculous, etc. In fact, I stay away from DJing in parties and in clubs anyway. I do my best in the most unlikely of spots (waiting in line for food at my college cafeteria, waiting for an elevator, and so on)

Reaction score
dj 's dont need to get drunk to do their duty as a man - being drunk takes away the most important tool u need to approach a woman - your verbal skills

when you r drunk - your observation skills r impaired and u might approach a stank-ho! plus you misread clues that she will be giving you - either to stay or go away.

Ares

Don Juan
Reaction score
no, I dont dj while drunk. If Im gonna Dj at a party I take one or two beers thats it. Like smith said its a waste of time, so I keep a stright line between Dj'ing and drinking cause the two dont mix very good....
and besides its a pizz poor excuse to grow some balls, if you dont have them in real life then WTF is the point of drinking till you feel them....

The Exponent

Banned
Reaction score
i'm more likely to have arse sex with random male partners more when i'm drunk than sober.

TTAG

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by silverwex
Im not really talking about getting totally hammered, just slightly tipsy.
DRUNK = NO

TIPSY = HELL YEAH!

I even get tipsy at school. the bar on campus is great! sure helps get you through those damn boring lectures.

Im all for alcohol, and getting tipsy, not drunk. Loosens your inhibitions a bit and makes you a little more confident. why not?

but hey, IMO a DJ doesnt only pick-up at clubs or on campus or through friends or cold approaches, A DJ, a real DJ, does all of the above.

I love my guiness too, but in moderation my Irish friend!

TTAG

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this one!

Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
if u dont use cold approaches then your romantic fate will b determined by your own little circle of acquaintences - doesnt sound too promising - cold approaches open your possibilities of finding someone u r atrracted to - a thousandfold!

since this is not common in england and ireland - then make sure your cold approach is a sophisticated one....

for example

if you see a girl walking by you can say...

i will be remissed if i did not acknowledge your presence - i most likely will not see you again - would it be terribly impolite to ask for your name and phone number

if she doesnt want to give you her phone number then just dismiss yourself politely by saying

"have a pleasant day and excuse my abrupt behavior but God designed us guys to do some crazy things" and then smile politely and walk away with your head high feeling like a man and proud that u have done your duty.

if she say yes i will give u my number (don't act startled - u deserved it) - then tell her "let me accomodate you with the means of transcription:...

then go through your pockets smoothly and not excitedly searching for the pen - dont find it too easily then it seems as though this was all planned and plotted as if u do it all the time and as if it was not an impromtu act - take a few seconds - and then have her write her number herself on a receipt or other paper that is not blank - again u dont want to make this looked planned - do not give her a lttle black book with other numbers in it - dont be arrogant be polite - then ask her "what would be the best time to reach you? " wait 2 or 3 days before u call - dont seem too eager

dismiss yourself with pleasantries - "have a pleasant day"

p.s. - dont forget to give her your name after she gives you hers.

hope this helps - let me know if it works for u - and of course make adjustments as u see fit and for what the situation allows.

good skill!!
Im always stuck for words for cold approachges out on the street, so im definitely going to try this my next available chance!

thanks PuertoRico.

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I typically nurse two to four beers and then stop. It all depends on the beer specials, the environment, etc.

I think that if you're more than just a little tipsy, it increases the likelihood of misinterpreting the ladies' reactions to your actions.

Thoroughbred

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know I am more relaxed when I drink so it is easier for me to talk to girls. If it works for you, go ahead and do it. You are not gonna become dependent or alcoholic just because you drink some and it helps you with chicks.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get drunk...though I do like to drink. If I had a couple drinks then I feel less inhibited and more likely to go up to women, like at a party or whatever. But...if I had too much to drink in too little time, then of course I won't try it. And I know I had too much if my vision seems to shift (w/o me moving my eyes) or if it's harder to stand up straight. If picking up women is something I want to do then I make sure not to have more than two drinks (I'm a small guy). But that's just fine because usually if I do go out, then most of the time I have to drive home later that night so I have to make sure the drinks wear off before I drive.

Ben

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, just to say it again, Im ytalking about having 3 or 4 beers here. Ya know when u get more confident but not hammered?

G_S

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah yes, liquid confidence. Only a good idea if the girl has been drinking too.