Do you ever get involved with women for reasons you can't explain the attraction?

itouchyou

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, I don't believe in the idea of leagues. However, there are social classes and whatnot. It is difficult these days to date across these predefined classes without having an "in" in my opinion, as you get older.

Long story short, I left NYC in July, moved to DC. Met this girl who lived in the building opposite mine on accident; we were waiting for the bus when she dropped something. I notified her, then sat next to her on the bus (there weren't many seats open). We talked a bit. Turns out we were going to the same place.

Anyways long story short, we are seeing each other now. In relation to the thread topic, I am an indian guy who's about 5'11", in his mid 30s, recently transitioned to the finance industry. I'm a fairly normal guy but not extroverted (not introverted either). The girl I'm seeing is a brunette, about 5'6", 27 years old, but she is super, super extroverted. All her friends are extremely hot. I have no idea why this girl is going for me because I typically do not hang out with the crowd she runs with. We don't share any similar interests, don't work in the same field, have no common friends, don't even align politically but somehow.. the attraction is there.

I guess my question is, do you ever run into scenarios where you can't explain the attraction, but you just run with it? There is so much literature on game, money, body, etc, but then there are situations like this where that all goes completely out the window.

It makes me come back to the belief that we really are just primitive animals and despite what all these experts try to sell men in terms of learning game, sometimes it just comes back to an animalistic level of attraction that simply can't be explained.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess my question is, do you ever run into scenarios where you can't explain the attraction, but you just run with it? There is so much literature on game, money, body, etc, but then there are situations like this where that all goes completely out the window.
That's all I ever do. I meet women in the strangest places.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were a 70yrs old, broke and out of shape guy, this thread would make sense. But as you're a few years older than her, taller and apparently doing well financially, what's so mysterious about her going out with you (at least for the time being) ? :rolleyes:
She probably isn't attracted to YOU per se, she might be experimenting (ticking off the ethnic box), on a rebound, whatever.

itouchyou

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were a 70yrs old, broke and out of shape guy, this thread would make sense. But as you're a few years older than her, taller and apparently doing well financially, what's so mysterious about her going out with you (at least for the time being) ? :rolleyes:
She probably isn't attracted to YOU per se, she might be experimenting (ticking off the ethnic box), on a rebound, whatever.
It's just that we have absolutely nothing in common. No common interests, no shared views, our friend groups are way different, we have different hobbies, etc. We get along well though and like each other's company. It's bizarre because usually there is something in common to bond over but here, there is nothing at all.

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyways long story short, we are seeing each other now. In relation to the thread topic, I am an indian guy who's about 5'11", in his mid 30s, recently transitioned to the finance industry. I'm a fairly normal guy but not extroverted (not introverted either). The girl I'm seeing is a brunette, about 5'6", 27 years old, but she is super, super extroverted. All her friends are extremely hot. I have no idea why this girl is going for me because I typically do not hang out with the crowd she runs with. We don't share any similar interests, don't work in the same field, have no common friends, don't even align politically but somehow.. the attraction is there.
1:23-1:26

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just that we have absolutely nothing in common. No common interests, no shared views, our friend groups are way different, we have different hobbies, etc. We get along well though and like each other's company. It's bizarre because usually there is something in common to bond over but here, there is nothing at all.
Are you looking for a wife and the mother of your kids? If not, it doesn’t matter that you have zilch in common.

You might not “believe” in leagues, but they do exist, and fortunately for you have they absolutely no consequences for your situation, two people “seeing” each other.

Clockwerk50

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Attraction and desire don’t necessarily require common hobbies or ideals; often, people fulfill each other's gaps and needs. As another poster mentioned, she may exhibit traits of an exotic fetishist, who has an intense fascination with the exotic that significantly shapes their choices and desires. Such individuals often seek partners who embody uniqueness and a sense of otherness, idealizing cultures different from their own.

She may create a need for you that is difficult to analyze due to the lack of information about her true motivations. However, it’s often pointless to overanalyze these dynamics as long as you are enjoying the moment and sticking to the basic principles.

plumber

Don Juan
Reaction score
some biology stuff can occur that causes attraction at an instinct level. it can be... real.

if you work into an ltr... find out what happened to the last guy(s), some other way than asking her.

never will understand how another mind works, ppl spend a lifetime of study and still can't answer that one.