do you establish a relationship the ladies parents?

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well this girl i have been getting after instant mesasged me afteri hadnt talked to her in what would have beent he 3rd day. we chatted for a while about topics and then it came across that her dad knows alot of recording equipment and i was having problems in my studio recording. she gave me her dads screen name(yeah i know a little weird for a 50 year old to have one) and we chatted for 30 miinutes or so about guitar gear and recording equipment. by the end of the conversation her dad was calling me bro and invited me to come over to his house to "jam" with him. Was this a smart move on my behalf to start to build a friendship with her dad?

Reaction score
Its a risk - play your cards right and the door will be wide open for his daughter, mess up and he'll discourage her from being with you.

I suggest you go over sparingly, win respect, then keep a certain distance.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Relax, you started well on this one. The key to the parents is to not treat them like a school teacher or something. Treat them as equals and don't try too hard to not say the wrong things.

They are like dogs, show them some fear and they will eat you up!

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blinkwatt
well this girl i have been getting after instant mesasged me afteri hadnt talked to her in what would have beent he 3rd day. we chatted for a while about topics and then it came across that her dad knows alot of recording equipment and i was having problems in my studio recording. she gave me her dads screen name(yeah i know a little weird for a 50 year old to have one) and we chatted for 30 miinutes or so about guitar gear and recording equipment. by the end of the conversation her dad was calling me bro and invited me to come over to his house to "jam" with him. Was this a smart move on my behalf to start to build a friendship with her dad?
if you are looking for a LTR, you couldn't have more luck... otherwise, well i'm sure it won't certainly matter to be a friend of his dad's...

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO.

are you nuts ?

you have only known here 3 days.

let me school you. unless you are in a LTR keep away from the parents. unless you want to be LJBF or NEXT.

WHY ?

my friend likes this chick. he goes to her house. starts talking to her parents. starts working on the parents. bought her FLOWERS. now he is NEXT'd.

why ?

the girl is a h0. she don't want the parents to meet all the dudes she is f*cking. if she is sex in the city type what the parents going to meet a new guy every night of the week ?

they will think she is a $lut.

and because he met her parents she didn't even f*ck him. she doesn't want her parents to know what she is up to. a guy acting all nice weirds these crazy h0es out.

my next door neighbour uses drugs does she want her parents to know ? if they meet the guys she hangs around THEY WILL KNOW

these modern h0es keep their pimpin' on the low low

and i have a few reasons of my own to keep away from a modern h0es parents. YOU WILL WEAR THE BLAME.

some other guy gets her pregnant

but the parents only met you ?

do the parents know their princess is f*cking 6 other dudes ?

HELL NO.

the mafia is coming for you bro RUN !

the chick is in a car accident

the dad comes to your house with a gun and says " on your knees b*tch you gunna die "

you ask why ?

he says because my daughter was with you and you crashed a stolen car and now she is in trouble with the police

you say " wtf ? i was at home knitting socks with my grandma "

he says " don't lie you ARE THE ONLY GUY SHE HANGS AROUND "

my fellow Don Juans it is my hope you HEAR ME

i got a friend he is alot younger than me he is 18. he drives these 3 chicks around all the time. the chicks are YOUNG. lets just say he's a mad AFC that is headed in the wrong direction.

i say to him. Josh bro when something happens to one of these girls you will go to jail bro. the parents aren't gunna believe it wasn't you cause YOU ARE THE ONLY DUDE THEY MET. even though they are not sexing you. and are sexing other dudes.

DON'T BE A JOSH !

BE SMART !

stay away from a girls parents and older gang member brothers unless you are in a LTR

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its not that i havent known her for 3 days i avoided talking to her for 3 days.none the less i remember what you said becuase you have a some VERY valid points.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't.

Believe me, you can never please them, especially if you're still in college.

Funny thing too - the more a woman's parents hate me, the more the woman likes me.

Jake-inator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies

Believe me, you can never please them, especially if you're still in college.

Funny thing too - the more a woman's parents hate me, the more the woman likes me.
I disagree, you can totally please their parents... BUT the girl will go running the other way.
This one girl i knew had a friend that her family absolutely loved. They wanted this girl to get married to him.
They also had a bitter hatred towards me.

Guess who she went out with? yeah me.

In the end their parents' hatred of me ended up killing our relationship.
Her mom basically convinced her that i was some assh0le that would end up leaving her. Her friends agreed.

The other guy came off a lot worse than i did:

- He buys her expensive stuff for her B-days / Holidays
- Doesn't get any play at all
- They make fun of him behind his back
- He thinks they're great friends... and hopes to one day get a chance with her :rolleyes:

BTW this guy was my best friend and i tried to talk some sense into him, but he wouldn't listen.

I think you have to strike some sort of balance, between outright hatred and liking. I have yet to find it...

Last edited:

JPR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jake-inator LOL you so describing what I experienced. My folks have these two family friends of ours that both would just absolutely love it if I hooked up and married their daughters :D It's getting crazy, they seem to bring it up more and more :eek: But I don't want anything to do with their daighters, one is 7 yrs younger then me and the other is my age but is a spoiled brat IMO.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jake-inator
Her mom basically convinced her that i was some assh0le that would end up leaving her. Her friends agreed.
I think the "friends hate you" bit killed you.

My most intense relationship was with a girl whose parents hated me. But her friends didn't like me after a while, and that killed the thing off.

Most women I notice tend to take their friends' opinions quite seriously, but not their parents.