Do we sell our souls?

Tuppy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello!
What has happened to the way we communicate? Before these 'social' networking atrocities I remember a less ego-centric and vain world. Don't get me wrong, I'm young. I understand these things completely and how they work. I have a Facebook account and use it frequently. I'm part of the problem. However, it seems the common person uses these networks not for communication but rather as sources for validation and ego inflation. It's all one big popularity contest. We all seem to 'like' each others photos out of loyalty and because we know the more likes the more value you seemingly have. I don't like it or agree with it but I play the game anyway because it works. But is this the future of dating? Such a superficial world.

I dont have snapchat but its really starting to annoy me. I can't go to clubs, pubs or dates without the woman whipping her phone out and snapchatting her coffee, a selfie or a picture of me and her to her friends. Does this not seem so messed up to you guys? I've lurked SoSuave for a year but never posted. I decided to post tonight because I want to know what you guys think, I've always liked the ideas being bounced around this forum and it seems there are some great minds here. Let me know what you all think, do you guys do the exact same thing?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Preaching to the choir.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just the way things work now. Women, whether they like to admit it or not, enjoy attention. More specifically, they enjoy man's attention. Anything that could potentially get them more of it, they flock to. Guys use social media, simply, because women do. It's a vicious cycle, and one that can't be broken easily.

Tuppy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess that's a valid point, social networking sites are merely vehicles to attention. Still its a shame that that is what its become...staring at a screen all day counting your likes and comparing.

T-KidTNB

Banned
Reaction score
Answer: Delete all your own social networking sites and you won't have worry about not being able to restrain yourself from worrying about what others use them for.