do those cheesy romantic lines in movies ever work

emelec

Don Juan
Reaction score
like say you with a girl all day having fun at the end of the day you end up saying or trying to say something romantic. will it get the girl to kiss you. i.e you eyes are like stars or some crap like that. i was thinkin about trying it on this girl i am going on a date with but saying it in her native language which is hindi. comments?

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kev07 said:
Say something with the right tone, body language, background, confidence, and just about anything you say could work.
That's just about the answer to every question that could possibly be asked in this entire message board.

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the only line i ever use... no matter what the situation.. I use it 100% of the time. "You had me at hello"... so far it's never worked but i will keep trying, I'm all about movie cheese.

nicenomore

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i wouldn't advice it. IMHO , It comes off as deliberate and canned. Plus , its equal to a pick up line and a direct opener combined

girl_in_a_boy_forum

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In the movie "Big Fish", the main guy falls in love with this girl and finds out she likes daffodils. So he plants an entire field of daffodils for her. In the movie world, this is a sweet and honest gesture. In the real world, this would scare me and I'd cringe away from the guy.

If you want to be romantic, don't rely on movie lines. The girl will know it didn't come from you anyway. Rather than saying, "your eyes like stars", etc, simply hold her gaze for longer than usual and say, "I like your eyes."

I don't know the inner workings of Hindi, but having spoken Vietnamese to my boyfriend several times, I will say that it's important that you know exactly how you're addressing your significant other in that language. In some languages (like Vietnamese), there are many forms of "you", ranging from family, friends, lovers, teachers, children, etc, and even then, each of those categories may have several sub-categories. Once, I used "ahn" form of "you" on my boyfriend because I used an internet translator, and it ended up being way too intimate. Still, he appreciated it all the same...

kdnash82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The answer is no.... Unless you make it your own... Turn those cheesy lines into jokes and you're golden... Using them straight out thinking the girl is gonna fall head over heels in love with you, and you're gonna have a hard life. She'll probably laugh, but it won't be the way you want her laughing.

the only line i ever use... no matter what the situation.. I use it 100% of the time. "You had me at hello"... so far it's never worked but i will keep trying, I'm all about movie cheese.
I use this same line all the damn time, but only as a joke and I put a spin on it. Like one time I opened a girl with:

Me: Hey what's going on?
Her: Nothing much, how bout you?
Me: Nothing. I'm just wondering... what's the cheesiest line you've heard tonight.
Her: Well... some guy came and asked me "what was the cheesiest line I've heard tonight"
Me: Girl stop playing.. You know I had you at "Hey"!!

Most girls have seen this movie. She thought it was hilarious.

SenorSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
You could use a movie line as a C and F statement.

J-Bone

Don Juan
Reaction score
I make my own lines up. Melts em like butta everytime! But they really gotta do something awesome to get me to give them my gifted words.

TheAdonis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Randallpink83 said:
K you gotta stop saying that if you want a girl with any kind of self respect, and about 95% of them do all the others are crack *****s. If you say what you say in a serious tone your never going to get any, it says that you are despirate and that all she had to do to earn you is talk to you. They dont want that. What if you talked to some 4 and she said that, you would run so fast. Same concept.

TheAdonis

Don Juan
Reaction score
What i do is not use the lines so much as the actions, watch a chick flik and watch how he takes her for the kiss, that is the magic there, because actions speak louder than words.