Do "Oneitis" Women Ever Feel Regret Sometimes?

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well...I've been there like quite a few guys on this forum, and moved on and gotten over it. I was curious, though. Have any of you who once had oneitis on a woman ever had an experience where she actually regretted that things were over between you too? Where she ran into you and gave you a look that seemed to express some kind of regret or suggest that she would have liked to say something to you and have a conversation? I ran into my old oneitis some time last week at my gym, the 35 year old woman I had written about earlier. We ran into each other in the hallway and she gave me this look that I can't really describe in words. We basically both looked straight into each other's eyes but didn't say anything to one another.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure they feel regret about losing a friend. But a male friend to a girl is a dime a dozen. They are more guys like you out there where she feels regrets when SHE RUNS INTO THEM AFTER SLEEPING WITH HER BOYFRIEND.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been fortunate as not to have been susceptible to oneitis but I have had a couple of LTR ex's approach me about getting back together (I actually worked at the same company as one). I didn't have any feelings toward reconnecting with them but I'll admit it did feel good telling them "Although we had some really good times together I'm sure that we're not good fit for one another any more." :up:

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It happened with this girl I used to work with. I didn't have super-oneitis for her, I was actually pretty smooth but she had a boyfriend and I couldnt break them up. Eventually I lost interest and they broke up some months after I quit. I came back like a year later just to see some old people there and she was still there and just gave me this look like she was expecting me to have become this fat slob and not the immensely attractive person I've become and she wanted to reconnect. It felt good...I have no animosity toward her or the situation, but it feels great to know a girl I wanted to pulverize wants to **** me.

Also, many hot ass girls from high school who ignored me because I was a putz now look supremely haggard, and are surprised as hell to see how I've changed for the better. I doubt they're dying to jump all over me, but still, now they're the ones who have no idea what to say to me because I've ascended past their league.

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: DJDamage, Could You Elaborate More?

DJDamage, could you elaborate more on your point if you don't mind? I'm not exactly sure that I understood what you meant.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frank2500 said:
DJDamage, could you elaborate more on your point if you don't mind? I'm not exactly sure that I understood what you meant.
Basically what it comes down to is: Don't get confused and try to analyse what is going on in her head. Once a woman losses interest in a guy, its pretty much a lost cause. Look at her actions not her words or facial expressions. Don't fall into the trap of thinking: "she is giving me this look because she wants me" because you will end up in the same spot all over again.

Move on with your life and hit on other women. Its never a good idea to revisit the past.

Burgundy

Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Move on with your life and hit on other women. Its never a good idea to revisit the past.
Agreed completely. Not going to go into detail, but DJDamage speaks the truth.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said to my Ex G/f when she called me again,' You deserve to be with someone who is more like YOU." ( she got offended -Why ?)
It sounded like she felt insulted - a slap?
Maybe that was a really good line to push her away ?

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Thanks for the feedback. The 35 year old Oneitis actually sent me a text message on our last contact along those lines as well: "In retrospect, you are right. I did not feel the same way that you did. You deserve to be with someone who does. Please don't contact me again."

Looking back, I'm actually shocked at what ever drew me to her in the first place, as I now find her very unattractive both physically and in conduct, and strongly believe that I deserve better. But back then, I was so upset with how she treated me and I unleashed my anger at her. I replied that I hope she meets someone who will treat her the same way and even worse and that she shouldn't misinterpret my text message as an attempt to regain contact with her because I have moved on. I told her that she was just too superficial and vain for me and that for a woman her age, it's a disgrace.

Anyway, reflectively, she was quite too old for me, even though I am 28. I don't think I would have wanted to have a longterm relationship with her in the first place. Nonetheless, seeing her face again at the gym brought back so many painful memories and it reopened the wounds in my heart. I just did my best to ignore her. At one point, when I had to lift weights on a machine several feet away from the treadmill where she was running, she looked up at me and gave me this look as if she thought perhaps I was trying to approach her to confront her. I just ignored, her did my 34 reps and showed off my masculinity to great effect.