Do I wait or move on?

PumpedGuy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

What do you do when a girl you are into has come out of a LTR of 3 1/2 years a few months ago and is currently in a healing phase. You know she likes you and you like her but she needs time to herself to sort herself out. She has gone through the usual post breakup things - drinking heaps (stopped now), losing self esteem and confidence and putting herself down regularly. These habits have improved in the last month or so.

She knows I like her a lot but hit with me "for what you are after I don't have much to give right now". She doesn't want me to put pressure on for anything to happen between us right now - she wants me to give her the time she needs and said I will know when she is ready for something because I can read her well.

I am glad that she doesn't want to jump into something straight away because I know that getting a girl on the rebound just won't work out. But do I give her the time she needs and wait patiently or do I NEXT her and move onto the next girl?

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT !!!!!

Oh yeah.... and i think you should NEXT this one.

Read the bible also, it's great :)

Aisle55

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to completely forget about her and NEXXXXXXXXXXXT. It's not a good idea to waste your time with a girl that doesn't want to be with you right now.

Halo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation, though this chick only had a BF for 5 months so it wasn't long term. She is needy though, so had assumed it to be more than it was. I finally went out with her on Saturday even though I knew the whole rebound risk was there. I'm going to try and go out with her again soon.

My advice is this. Worry about other girls for now. The only reason I am bothering with the one in my case is because I am going out with other girls, so if this one comes around it's only a bonus. It's a no-loss situation. I'm a bit concerned that the one in your case knows that you "like her a lot", but can't give "what you are after". Sounds like you are in the Friendzone to me. I wouldn't Next her totally (but stick her way way on the backburner), but also make sure you aren't always around. And definitely do not be her emotional tampon when she's complaining about her ex borefriend.

I wouldn't say the odds are good with this one, but if you're so inclined you can give it a shot and learn from the process. Good luck.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir, I got three words to say to you:

LOW INTEREST LEVEL

Next!

The Business Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Definately Next her.

Like Kodiac said, read the bible. But I want to add a good rule of thumb:

If you aren't having fun, she is not worth your time. She might be cool when you hang around her, but do you really like having to wait for her to quit this bulls'hit?

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Give her your contact info then move on.

Tell her to call you in a couple of months when she's ready - until that time, don't hang out with her and be her emotional tool.

Get another Puss.