Do I call her again?

Advantage

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been macking this girl I met the other week. I have put off meeting her since, and haven't had the chance up until tonight as I've been ill. Anyways, I arranged to meet her tonight, got home, had a nap................ ......... ......... and yes you guessed it, slept through the alarm!

Needless to say she wasn't pleased, but its currently a situation of damage control. Need to act fast though. I sent her a message explaining I was too ill to get up and ready.... and she seems furious :cheer: , sending me one back reading "Please do not contact me again!"!!!

So, where to take it from here? Obviously I'm going to contact her again, and with valentines round the corner its the perfect opportunity for a last minute rescue of the romance she obviously wants.

What to do though?!?!?!

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
invest in a louder alarm clock.

Advantage

Don Juan
Reaction score
have one already. have three in fact, but only set the quiet one on my phone. maybe deep down I didn't want to meet.....

Seriously, any truly helpful advice?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sent her a message explaining I was too ill to get up and ready.... and she seems furious , sending me one back reading "Please do not contact me again!"!!!
Why the hell did you lie to her? Women use the sick excuse all the time to cancel dates. By telling her you were sick, she got the message that you weren't interested.

If you came up with a non-bull5hit reason (ie your alarm clock), she might have given you another chance.

Learn from this and move on. Spend Valentine's with your monkey.

Advantage

Don Juan
Reaction score
she knows I have actually been ill for a while - with the flu! I think her assumption was that I was cured by now though. It wasn't a bull**** excuse at all. if i was lying it woulda been a lot more exotic!!!

I have sent her a message saying I wasnt messing her around and she'll never know unless she gives me a chance to explain bla bla bla. Is this acting like a *****, or doing the right thing?

Advantage

Don Juan
Reaction score
In the absence of any decent advice, I'll have to take this into my own hands........ nothing to do with the 'monkey' though but thanks for the advice..............................

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
for a start, i would quit texting and phone her.

Texting her your excuse, seems just what it is, an excuse, and you don't have the balls to let her know you can't be bothered.

If you phoned and explained, it might seem a bit more beleiveable.

Advantage

Don Juan
Reaction score
Check the title of the thread.... I have already tried calling her..... thanks though.......

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leave her alone for a week or so. Let the steam vent out of her ears for awhile, then call her back when she's in a better mood. If women are mad, stay away from them because they will associate the negative emotional state with you. When she's in a good mood she will associate positive feelings with you.

rascal

Don Juan
Reaction score
NEXT HER, you screwed up. What if the situation was reversed, and you had 10 girls wanting to jump your bones. One of them forgot to call you, and wastes 2 hours of your time (which you could be jumping one of the other girls). How would you feel?

And for god sakes, don't contact her explaining yourself, you did it once, she didnt buy it. Now you're conveying that she is the only girl you want (you're trying to hard). This is UNATTRACTIVE.

just bite the bullet.

Logen

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont know. stick with damage control. try to get her back. especially if she's hot.

if it takes too much sucking up to get on her good side again then just meet other women.

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Please do not contact me again!"!!!

^^^

LOL, now girls know how we feel and they think it's PERFECTLY OKAY for them to stand up to dates themselves. Call her again next week, you should know by now whatever you do the ball is in her court, so don't get upset if she doesn't call you back the first couple of times or even stands you up on your next date or any possible future dates.