Do and Don'ts of trying to meet women at the gym

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1.) Don't stare at her, women know when you are looking.

2.) Don't stare at them through the mirror either (they notice that too)

3.) Don't offer her advice on her form or her routine

4.) Don't follow her around

5.) Don't "ambush" her at the water fountain

6.) Do let her put herself in your vicinity.

If a woman at the gym likes you, she will help you. She will look at you and also try numerous times to put herself in your vicinity hoping for you to break the ice or notice her.

Avoid doing #1's through #5 and let her slowly come to you; then it's up to you to escalate.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
If a woman at the gym likes you, she will help you. She will look at you and also try numerous times to put herself in your vicinity hoping for you to break the ice or notice her.

Avoid doing #1's through #5 and let her slowly come to you; then it's up to you to escalate.
And if she don't come up to you, she's not really interested. And if she puts herself in your vicinity, deal with her in a matter-of-fact way. She could still be an attention wh0re. Otherwise, don't look at her unless it's eye contact. Don't be a creep.

Case closed. Go finish your bench press.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is all obvious and second nature to a man with standards.

If she's still there when I'm done with my workout, and she's shooting me smiles and keeps admiring, then I'll come up as I'm heading out and grab her number. It's usually "hey I'm heading out but I think you're pretty cute, we should grab a drink."

I typically speak in statements, rather than asking open questions. It keeps the pressure off women that feel intimidated by me.

If a girl isn't giving obvious signs then she's just another bro until she does. I actually prefer this because I don't need to be involved with her romantically to learn about her personality. Why even consider romance until she shows to be the type of person I enjoy having around?

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is all obvious and second nature to a man with standards.

If she's still there when I'm done with my workout, and she's shooting me smiles and keeps admiring, then I'll come up as I'm heading out and grab her number. It's usually "hey I'm heading out but I think you're pretty cute, we should grab a drink."

I typically speak in statements, rather than asking open questions. It keeps the pressure off women that feel intimidated by me.

If a girl isn't giving obvious signs then she's just another bro until she does. I actually prefer this because I don't need to be involved with her romantically to learn about her personality. Why even consider romance until she shows to be the type of person I enjoy having around?
There is a solid 8 (5'6, blonde, mid 30s) who I see here and there in the AM that I have spotted looking in my direction (from a distance) Saw her 3x or so a week last summer and then she disappeared. Now, she is back and maybe I see her once or twice a week.

However, I'm never near her and do my best to avoid looking over at her more than once or looking through the mirror, or make it look like I am purposely working out near her.

Gym pickup is tough and it's all about timing.

Hopefully, we will cross paths and I can atleast smile at her or say hello to break the ice a bit.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This seems like it is only about pickup on the general gym floor. Fitness classes are a different animal. Good topic to discuss as always.

6.) Do let her put herself in your vicinity.

Very true and probably the most important thing to remember with it.

1.) Don't stare at her, women know when you are looking.

2.) Don't stare at them through the mirror either (they notice that too)
It's possible to get away with quick glances but outright staring will not help with successful seduction.

Gym pickup is tough and it's all about timing.
You didn't even mentioned the biggest obstacle in your first post, which is headphones/earbuds.

The general gym floor is mostly based on female initiated IOIs and timing. Men with more impressive physiques are best positioned to get IOIs directed at them. 6'0"+ and bigger muscles is best. Super fit with some lean muscle but not overly bulky can also work for getting IOIs too but that type of guy would get fewer IOIs than the bigger muscle guys.

4.) Don't follow her around

5.) Don't "ambush" her at the water fountain
Plenty of guys do this and even some of them have bigger muscles. It doesn't work.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for reinforcing that doing nothing is always the best policy. After all you are there to gymmaxx - which is part of looksmaxxing so at least you are improving yourself being there even if you are invisible to the opposite sex at the moment. Normally, I tend to Tablet-Maxx on the threadmill/cardio machines if I do go, but of course I should be focused on building muscles too. Having good streaming content is great to keep distracted and oblivious ot your surroundings so you won't have to care about these things.

Reaction score
And if she don't come up to you, she's not really interested. And if she puts herself in your vicinity, deal with her in a matter-of-fact way. She could still be an attention wh0re. Otherwise, don't look at her unless it's eye contact. Don't be a creep.

Case closed. Go finish your bench press.
"And if she don't come up to you, she's not really interested", oh please, you can't be serious, women normally never approach guys, thats how its always been and probably always will be, hence why there will always be more male wizards than female wizards.