DJing out my dorm room

kiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
here are some pics of my dorm in it's current state. the room is only 14x12, and it's defintely not bad as it is (it's probably the best on the floor actually) but i'm wondering what i can do/add to give it that extra edge. i've been thinking about adding an essential oil vaporizer, light dimmer on the overhead light, and some more art (i've taken down the fear and loathing poster and replaced it with much more refined and tasteful art.

any ideas are appreciated!

EDIT: sorry the images are sideways. can't fix it right now.

V0rt3x

Don Juan
Reaction score
nice room.

advice: dont change anything (its balance between tidy and disaster is good) except get urself a bookshelf (i didnt see one) and fill it with books. the fun thing is you should fill it with books like kama sutra or something like that. its really funny when a girl enters the room and starts reading headings. They ALWAYS take it an start reading a bit. Especially when its a big white book with red font color lol. Also dont think that the kama sutra is the best choice. Try How to have sex with women. Its more direct. This books are great props. As is your guitar. I recommend it open and ready for play

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Dimmers for sure (your room is way too bright to be sex-appealing), a couch and a relatively large sized tv would help.

kiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
there isnt really room for a couch so i have those two (vibrating) ottomans and the trunk with pillows and stuff on top that i can also use for storage. i don't have a TV because the dorm isn't wired for cable and i don't watch that much anyway.

i do have a bookshelf slightly to the left of my desk, but i'll fill it up with some cooler books (i was keeping my protein on the bottom) no reason to have that out.

V0rt3x

Don Juan
Reaction score
true, but at least try my advice. i was amased

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lose the wrinkled poster between the windows. A mirror in that space would be better or maybe some art that isn't a poster.
Also, make the room smell good.

kiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJohnson
Dark light
Hooka
Framed art
Liquor

Maybe a disco ball for the ceiling
like a black light? seems pretty tacky. i could get the art i have framed. how should i have the liquor displayed? i'm only a freshman, so i dont want ot have a full bar setup (nor do i have the room). right now i just keep my hard liquor in my closet. A hookah would be nice but we can't smoke in our dorms (super sensitive fire alarms because the building was built after New York passed the no smoking in buildings thing).

these are really good ideas though and it's helping me come up with stuff. keep em coming!!!

SlaterT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by kiz
here are some pics of my dorm in it's current state. the room is only 14x12, and it's defintely not bad as it is (it's probably the best on the floor actually) but i'm wondering what i can do/add to give it that extra edge. i've been thinking about adding an essential oil vaporizer, light dimmer on the overhead light, and some more art (i've taken down the fear and loathing poster and replaced it with much more refined and tasteful art.

any ideas are appreciated!

EDIT: sorry the images are sideways. can't fix it right now.
add some girls

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
I would definitely add black light for the extra coolness

Silk Pillows
Interesting decorations
Extra tooth brushes
Orderbs
Sailing magazines
Criket Magazines
House desinger magazines
Smooth jazz music low
wine

kiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bbestar
I would definitely add black light for the extra coolness

Silk Pillows
Interesting decorations
Extra tooth brushes
Orderbs
Sailing magazines
Criket Magazines
House desinger magazines
Smooth jazz music low
wine
extra toothbrush doesnt seem necessary since all the girls that will be comin here live on campus.

sail? cricket? house design? kinda weird...since i'm not into any of those.

the jazz is pretty cool and i may check out some pillows. in terms of hours devours, i'll keep the fridge and closet well stocked with munchies.

any ideas in terms of interesting decorations?

ghostin

Don Juan
Reaction score
u need a bigger bed. A full size is a good thing to have if ur planning on screwin

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lmfao at being a loser.

kiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RaWBLooD
lmfao at being a loser.
lmfao at being canadian :p

now serious replies. don't think the bed thing will work but i was thinking maybe a nice fishtank with some cool fish in it, or some cactii (san pedro's of course :D )

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah dude, an aquarium would be sick. Fish are cool in dorms. Also, I like the ottoman thing you said. It looks pretty cool right now. I wouldn't go with a black light, you're in college, not 8th grade.

kiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheSplat
yeah dude, an aquarium would be sick. Fish are cool in dorms. Also, I like the ottoman thing you said. It looks pretty cool right now. I wouldn't go with a black light, you're in college, not 8th grade.
you've got the same mindset as me. i'm gonna look into aquariums. this thread has helped a lot. thanks guys!

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ghostin
u need a bigger bed. A full size is a good thing to have if ur planning on screwin
He's in a college dorm. He doesn't have much choice in bed size.

Where'd you get that rug? It's real cool.