DJBC Week 1 eye contact excercise

mra1200

Don Juan
Reaction score
WBAFC here starting out with this...

In two separate outings, each lasting one hour in length, you will go about establishing eye contact with strangers.

A fun way to go about doing this is to walk around in a mall or in a park and look people directly in the eyes as they are walking towards you. You will find that most people will not look at you in the eyes, but for those who do look you in the eye, you will want to practice looking in their eyes at least one second longer than they look into yours, this denotes confidence. To create the impression that you are friendly and approachable, you will want to match the eye contact with a genuine smile.

You can practice eye contact on just about anyone you see, male or female, young or old. But since the eventual goal of this Boot Camp is to acquire women, you will want to spend at least some of your time establishing eye contact with attractive girls.
So I spent about 2 hours at the mall last Friday walking around the mall, and some time later that night and the next walking around downtown plus spending a bit of time at the small bar I work at.

Results? I must be fcuking invisible to most women or something... 2 hours at the mall and I only was able to get any eye contact with ONE woman in the parking lot as I was leaving. I did manage to hold it a little bit longer, smile, and get a smile back. I was so shocked that I pretty much froze up like a deer in headlights - that happens so infrequently that I'm stunned when it happens.

Downtown and at the bar, nothing...

gonna give it another go this weekend though.

anyone got any tips on making women notice you enough to establish eye contact? something I'm doing just isn't working...

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I'm trying to work on myself. Just look at their forhead instead. Then later look into ONLY One eye when you are ready.
I have also been posting up large posters of women in my room. So each day I would stare at them in the eyes to overcome the urge to look away. You probably could use magazines with large facial pictures of women or have an artist friend draw eyes for you and make phtocopies of it and paste them all around.
(Yes I know it weird but it does help desensitize you. )

Dr. Jim

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try it in a store in which you can ask for a service or whatnot, like a restaurant, try it on waitresses, or in a dept. store, try asking for advice, or in a book store. People who work in these places are easily approachable, and in most cases with checkouts - will start a conversation. It's part of their job, it's good practice, and, you might get a number in the end.

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy **** balls! your just looking at something, and not anything indecent either, just her eyes! just make eye contact with someone and smile it's not a seduction technique, it's just being polite!

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You cant rationalize a phobia and make it just go away. Its based in the subconcious part of the mind. The problem is our reptilian brain and how it reacts to things. Its like a knee jerk reaction.

Pavlov's experiment with dogs is Thee model to understanding phobias. (Likewise one can recondition themselves to behave the opposit.)

The best method is exposure or cognitive therapy. One can unlearn the reaction.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_therapy

Last edited:

mra1200

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doggystyle said:
Holy **** balls! your just looking at something, and not anything indecent either, just her eyes! just make eye contact with someone and smile it's not a seduction technique, it's just being polite!
What do you do when it seems like no women are ever looking back? I just don't get it... :confused:

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mra heres a another tip for you. Providing your not wearing glasses (get contacts) try wearing sun glasses to help overcome the tendency to look away. Its simple but effective. Do it for one straight month everyday. That should help.

Last edited:

mra1200

Don Juan
Reaction score
Freddy1 said:
Mra heres a another tip for you. Providing your not wearing glasses (get contacts) try wearing sun glasses to help overcome the tendency to look away. Its simple but effective. Do it for one straight month everyday. That should help.
Glass wearer. When I switched FROM contacts TO glasses, I was told I looked much better, a bit more mature (at the time I thought it was a good thing cuz I looked 18 w/o them when I was 23).

SO... I guess I gotta think about contacts again, huh?

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mra1200 said:
Glass wearer. When I switched FROM contacts TO glasses, I was told I looked much better, a bit more mature (at the time I thought it was a good thing cuz I looked 18 w/o them when I was 23).

SO... I guess I gotta think about contacts again, huh?
At least try the contact thing for awhile. I recently got contacts myself and plan on doing the sunglasses thing myself. :)