DJ Bootcamp

C-quenced

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a rough week for the most part but I've attempted to make the best out of it. Unfortunately I couldn't manage conversing with 10 people. My social and conversation skills definitely need more work. Encountering douche bags that won't acknowledge my presence, act rude or who are just really fake doesn't help either.

Thursday: 1st couple of conversations took place at my job. I interacted with 2 strangers for approximately 2 minutes a piece and managed to make a potential friend with one. They seemed really friendly and outgoing which made the conversations a breeze.

Friday: Hit the downtown area with Scrouds. One of the best things I've ever done as it made me realize just how much I need to improve on this area of my life. I managed to make another friend at one of the clubs. Conversation lasted for about 5 minutes.

Saturday: Spotted a homeless dude and handed him a dollar and some pocket change. I never seen anyone seem so grateful and appreciative. Found out he was a Vietnam vet and had to end the conversation as I had to return to work. He seemed like he had so much to talk about that he actually OWNED the entire conversation lol. Anyways we spoke for about 10 minutes and that was the end of that.

Sunday: Tried to get a conversation going with a semi attractive girl. I wasn't even trying to pick her up but she was very standoffish. It was more of a conversation attempt then an actual conversation. I shouldn't even bother to put this up here.

It seems to me like many people (also depending on the setting) don't even wanna bother conversing with a stranger. I really hope I'm wrong about this. I also need to deal with myself and put in more effort in getting the **** out of the house and becoming more social. What should I do guys? I'm in really bad shape in this area of my life.

If I'm going to keep going with this I'm going to squeeze the remaining 6 into this weeks exercise. I really don't wanna drop out of this.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at the positives! You're pushing yourself out of your comfort zone, you're making friends, you're learning about how strangers interact. Don't expect to change your entire outlook in a day.

Second, nobody here is going to kick you out or judge you for trying to improve your social skills. Just keep building on the exercises of the last few weeks -- keep working on proper eye contact, keep saying hi if you get positive non-verbals, keep starting conversations whenever you can. Yes some people will judge you -- DON'T let it throw you off.

Last, you get judged completely on body language and presentation with strangers, make sure you pay lots of attention to posture and don't crowd people. Yes some people will be standoffish and closed off anyways... that's a reflection on them not yourself, or maybe they're just having a bad day. Don't take it to heart, just find someone who's happier to meet someone. Good luck this week!

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
C-quenced good job on putting yourself out there. One thing I learnt from week 2 is majority of people won't give you eye contact or even acknowlege you. The thing is if you're trying to strike up conversations with strangers on the road it will be harsh mainly for 2 reasons:

1. Strangers make them uncomfortable
2. They have somewhere to rush to.

The thing is you can't control how one feels about others. So your best bet is to eliminate point 2 completely. How? Strike up conversations with people in line, working out. Basically the same agenda you're at some place for. I find this works out very much in my favor because it establishes a sense of similarity as you guys end up in the same place. People like similar people. Start the conversation with your current context so it doesn't seemed forced and bang you're in.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Double Post

Archway

Reaction score
Is this strictly a DJ bootcamp thread? Or can it be used for posting your own journal entries, of your approaches during the week, regardless of the format you are doing it in.

I was in the AA comp, but got lazy too quick but I still want to participate in some sort of group approach thread, but not necessarily sticking strictly to a set format, although I'm happy to attempt some sort of group challenges should they be posted.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By all means join in. Official homework is to strike up 10 conversations with dateable women. That is an approach and there's no reason you can't exchange numbers if it goes well. If you'd rather adapt your challenges, state a goal in this thread for yourself, then follow through. Just don't punk out! :cool:

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's that time of week again -- so, if you thought you were all off the hook as this thread dropped off the front page, I regret to inform you that you were sadly mistaken!!!

This being a boot camp, if you are not motivated, I will motivate you!! So, to all the sniveling maggots who've decided to grace this boot camp thread with your deplorable lack of courage, results, and accountability, sack up and be men or drag your sorry ass out of my sight! You want to quit? Good! I love quitters! WRITE "I COULDN'T COMPLETE THE BOOT CAMP, BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BE A DJ!". Is it too tough? Boo fvcking hoo! Go ask your mom for a hug! Then I'll personally sign your transfer to keyboard jockey, and you can happily warm your manhood with a sperm-count reducing laptop instead of a female! Oh, you just didn't try hard enough last week? Still want to play? Well, my little sub-human gremlins, maybe instead of fearing women and strangers, fear looking inside your own gutless yellow hearts! Am I being unfair? You can explain, I'm sure. I'd understand. You're afflicted by a soul-gripping panic, to look stupid in front of a few anonymous passers-by. Wow. Sounds tough. Maybe a nice girl would suggest a therapist, before she goes home to fvck a man who's not a irredeemable coward!! You know what? I don't feel sorry for you!!! I've got a better chance of finding a spine in a jellyfish!

As for me I have my 10 convos, as I infiltrated a hairstylists convention! Are there any MEN left who didn't punk out, and bring shame upon the entire forum, and the DJ Bible you're most likely unworthy even to read? Pitiful!

Sadly, verbally abusing you underachieving, poorly-made copies of a human being is tiring me out. So, this week's exercise is to be rejected at least 10 times! As you all seem to be natural failures at everything you attempt, this week should be a snap! I have high hopes that you may manage to accomplish at least one final task before I remediate your sorry behinds back to week 1!

Nobody is out at this point -- this week will be the test. And I would GLADLY welcome some new recruits to form the next generation of DJ's given the abysmal performance of our current participants! Our current crop of "DJ's" (har har) would be a public embarrassment even at Love Shack!

Had enough gentlemen, want to ring the bell? WRITE IT OUT!! Otherwise get off your ass, and show yourself you aren't the dismal failure which in all probability, I expect you actually are!

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.nick-hill.com/djb/Downloads/djbc.pdf

The purpose of this intense eight-week program is to take a reforming average frustrated chump (RAFC) and turn him into a DJ.

Normally, this is a process that can take months or even years, so in order to compress this into a period of eight weeks, the participants must be willing to put their ego, fear, and habits aside, and be willing to go well beyond their normal comfort zones.

A DJ is a state of mind where you learn to control and eliminate negative emotions which serve no purpose, such as fear and worry (in most cases).

A DJ should be able to have a complete life... the ideal career, hobbies, relationship with family, and finally women. But since most of us wish to better handle the women situation, which is what the DJ Boot Camp is based on.

Each lesson will have two parts. The first part will be reading. This will be mostly posts from the DJ Bible. In the first few weeks, there will be approximately 2-3 hours worth of reading material per week. Even if you have read the DJ Bible ten times, you must read the required reading material as posted in the lesson, as it must be fresh in your mind when you are going through these lessons. Later on, the reading material will be about one hour per week.

The second part of this Boot Camp, and where this Boot Camp really stands out, is in the field exercises. Each week there will be different exercises that you will perform... out there in the real world.
Though I doubt it's a perfect program --- an imperfect program applied with discipline and intensity, will beat a perfect program that's not followed every single time. I'm engaging people on instinct to good effect, that wasn't the case a month ago. So yes it sounds pretty stupid or silly on paper, but *you* will find a way to pull out results as it forces you to be "on" 24/7. What the BC mostly does is pull you out of the mindset that keeps you trapped in your bubble when you're out in public. The gains you make, are what happens naturally when you encourage instead of restrain yourself.

I'd really encourage anyone who's still a little hesitant to participate. The challenges are quite achievable, and the goal setting and attainment becomes a little addictive in itself. That's a good thing. Inertia is difficult to overcome, even doing something you only half-believe in is better than nothing. Given the masses of confused kids I see on the general discussion forum, why more of you aren't taking any kind of positive concrete action is beyond me.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, I've read the intro and first week part and it sounds really good. Although I've read many theories, techniques and systems that haven't worked but I'll give this a go.

I was trying the eye contact/hi'ing thing earlier but not a single person would make eye contact lol. Still, will go on trying

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is anyone still going at this?

There is something seriously wrong with me lol, I can't get people to look me in the eyes. Everyone seems to rushed with their daily lives, always avoiding eye contact.

I've had a few girls hold eye contact and give me that look, but most people seem seriously depressed never noticed that before. Maybe its the gloomy weather.

I've missed the only hi openers when I wasn't paying attention and mentally kicked myself haha

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's reboot this gents. I have women complicating my schedule now (terrible problem eh?) but I like to finish what I start. I was far too tentative on week 4, I got 5 numbers and no rejections. So I start again, monday -- I absolutely HATE rejection (I am quite protective of my image and rep) and it will be a good exercise for me.

If anyone wants to jump back on, or start fresh from week 1, I'd encourage you to do so. It was good for me -- in January I wasn't even leaving my house on weekends.

Eternal if you join in I will give you feedback this time.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to keep posting in this thread since i don't quit (just because everyone else does).

Went out on 2 dates last week from numbers I picked up on week 4. The one I didn't kiss is texting me every day, the one I kissed in giving off mixed signals and will likely fall off. I may have fvcked it up by being too tentative and then laughing that she should go home -- she may have read poor interest off me and is now protecting her ego. Anyway bring on the rest of the camp, we're more than 50% done.