DJ Boot Camp - Week #3

magikone2002

Reaction score
Howdy !

I just found out this DJ Boot camp, seems I'm 2 weeks late for the game, lol !

I'll read the material of the past 2 weeks.

magikone2002

Reaction score
Howdy !

I just found out this DJ Boot camp, seems I'm 2 weeks late for the game, lol !

I'll read the material of the past 2 weeks.

NormalGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
crash and burn

I made the fatal mistake of not smiling and waving first. I find it really difficult to get a girl's attention, most girls that I find attractive I usually try to elicit eye contact with them, but it's harder (next to impossible?) in places like malls, which is where I work. They might glance for a moment and then look away b4 I even get a chance to smile. And usually it doesn't mean anything a glance at a person.
Today I was really determined to go through with this today and try and meet at least one girl. So I was in a starbucks and I noticed this cute girl who had ordered a drink ahead of me.
Initially I never made the eye contact and the smile, because I didn't think I was going to do anything with her. It was really my first time at trying to pick up a girl. As I was about to leave, before even trying anything I made a last minute save and instead of heading out the door I walked up to her table and asked her if the seat was taken. Seeing as there were plenty of other tables not taken, it was pretty damn obvious why I wanted that seat.

I sit down and proceed to introduce myself and try to make up for the initial faux paus of not getting her attention first with the eye contact/smile combo, by smiling at this point. I say hi, introduce myself and extend my hand for a handshake but she didn't make a move to shake it because she was too busy scratching one of these bingo lottery tickets. Ouch that hurt. I sit for a while and sip my drink waiting for her to offer her name, a good 5 seconds go by, like the longest five seconds of my life. I ask her if she has a name, she glances up a moment to say her name is emily before going right back to scratching that damned ticket. Seeing as I made it this far, and being as this is the first attempt in my whole entire life at picking up a woman, I decide wtf, let's just go all the way with this. I sit there and try to start a convo with her and ask her why she's there, and she says this,

I came with my nephew, I'm waiting to pick him up from the dentists office.

At this point the tension has frayed my nerves to a breaking point and I'm at a loss to follow up on that. Desperate to remember even one thing from that convo thread that was posted in this forum Im forced to bail and tell her it was nice meeting her and walk (more like run out the door) and get the hell outta that freezer. if you ask me,
It was a f*ckin cold day in hell.

I'm not feeling too good about that right now. Really feel like a complete jackass. They say
"whatever doesn't kill you will only make you stronger."

Um, why do I feel pretty weak right now.

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL!

Normal Guy, you didnt crash and burn, it seens to me she was pretty wack. I would have left too, no wonder she was by herself.

------------------
94' Supra TT 6-speed (weapon of choice in DJ arsenal)

It's not my fault I'm Hispanic, I just got lucky.

"Be a real man. If it's broke, fix it. If it's fixed, break it."

SquirrelScammer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still in this, everything is going great, I usually have convos pertaining to whatever is going on around us, or I at least use something like that for my opening line. A good place to practice is the library to find chicks sitting down, malls are good, I imagine starbucks/bookstores are also good places, I need to check those out.
I think what many fear is they don't know what to say and feel even if they do follow the 3s rule, they will come off as being nervous and insecure, which may even be true, but as you continue, you get less and less nervous to where you could approach anyone at anytime without any problems.

Vegas Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still in this shyt, MoTu!

I've been following along silently for the first 2 weeks, but I've been keeping up. I'm not sure if I am going to make it to 10 conversations with women I would want to date by Sunday, since its already mid-week and I haven't even had 1 convo yet that has lasted the 2 min. minimum. I've had a number of shorter convos, however.

Anyway, its time I publicly stated my commitment to the cause, as I see that I'll need the support of you bros as the challenges keep gettin ratcheted up with each passing week.

On the other hand, I thought I wasn't going to be able to get in the 10 convos last week with strangers, put I persisted, came on strong towards the end of the week, and did it!

Remember guys, many of the obstacles to meeting and dating the women we want are internal---the excuses, resistances, rationalizations, and negative thoughts we have in our heads. We gotta challenge that shyt until it loses its power over us!

Just like a military bootcamp breaks down the person's ego so it can be built back up into that of a soldier, the DJ Bootcamp, as I see it, is about breaking down the AFC that still lives within us and building us back up into stonger, confident, and more courageous DJs.

Doppler4000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Normal Guy- Don't sweat it. It takes practice to figure out what works best for you. Just think about what happened so you can improve next time. In a case like yours, it would probably have been better to get solid eye contact or (even better) try to start a conversation in line or an adjacent table before moving in for anything else.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NormalGuy - don't let it get to you... Just look at week#4 - getting 10 rejections.

Each rejection you get is like a stair on the stairway to success... You know what you should do to stop feeling like crap? Go talk to another. And another. And another.

And just a thought.. Perhaps a neghit might have helped? The only one I can think of right now goes like <said very enthusiastically> "oh, well... I shall go get myself a lottery ticket too, since it seems much more interesting than you!" or something.

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been kind of unofficially doing this. Where I live is not large enough to see 50 new people in a week for the week 1 assignment. I have already done the converse with 10 new hotties in a week(did it last week and have continued this week) Great results. I have found when going out the firt conversation of the night is the hardest to initiate.

------------------
The very first step to becoming what you want to be is to accept all responsibility for the situation you are in.
in short: quit whining!!!!!!!!!

Why should I care about her, because she looks good? She has given me no reason to care yet.

screw what's right, do what works.

NormalGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope I can get over it, it was a pretty demoralizing blow for the first time, but I'm willing to go through with it.
F*ck rejection.
Definitely my goal is to try and hit 10 rejections and hopefully get a ton of digits along the way.
Damn the thing is I've tried the eye contact/smile combo, on women walking through the mall, and the one time I get a hit, they're already walking away in the other direction. How do you approach in this situation?

Challenger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, here are my experiences:

The saying hello part as well as the start conver´sation part is easy as long as you are a place which is good for it and as long as the oposite person at least seems to be some kind of weaker than you.

E.g. I have said hi/hello to probably 100 people the last 2 weaks and started a conversation with 20 .... walking along a river (deserted) with my dog !!
So if there is aperaring one person he has to look at you and you simpe say: "good day" or whatever ... no problem here
If somebody is apearing with his dog and my dog stops and starts to play with the other one ... there is nothing easier than to start a short conversation with the owner of the dog.

I also met some real stupid mother****er's who pretend to be cool and stuff and I basically wanted to make fun of them and acted like one of them (heh, what's up, shaking hands and stuff..). No problem here to start a conversation either.

I also met in the city an older lada (about 70 *g*) sitting lonely at the bus station and I just sat down next to here and starte: Oh ****, I failed my driver license test ..." And she was like: "Oh, my son has failed his two, these examiner just want to earn money ..."

-------
But my problem is how can I talk a great looking girl/woman without having somekind of reason (e.g. dog) for it? I always have this felling about: "Wow, what a pretty girl, I'd like to ****" and stuff like this and so I am kind of paralysed and couldn't do a think. This week's lesson seems to be really hard, altough I think that is the crucial point in changing your mindset ...

I really have to ask you whaeter we could stretch this week's lesson because I really think this specific part needs more time.

Also you see that too many people seems to be behind the week 3 of the DJ Boot Camp ..

Centaur

Don Juan
Reaction score
Report,

Ok, so I'm at four conversations so far--two very beautiful bartenders (8 or 9s) and two chicks from my school (7 or 8s). I must say my skills and confidence have improved(and I certainly can now boast the merits of the ****y and funny approach. On one of the bartenders, for example, I could literally observe her change from being merely responsive, cool, calm and collect (when I was simply employing eye contact, smiling, using word substitution, paraphrasing, and delayed follow up questions) to something akin to physical discomfiture (latent horniness no?) when I later started busting her for her professed love for cartoons--she was eventually like, "what are you trying to do push my buttons?" (I'm thinking, uhhhh yeah, I'm trying to push your f-cking buttons you sexy freak). It was really interesting to watch (through body language) how, for all her worldly wisdom, she still subconsciously responded to it (sudden fidgeting, folding arms, a discernable excited nervousness)--it's like it quickly worked on something basic she had no control over, something blatantly inaccessible by the former methods.
Anway, I still find myself slightly intimidated by the really, really hot chicks I see on the streets, mall, etc.. The three second rule is tough with them--because the "she's out of my league syndrome" kicks in immediately. Oh sure, I can imagine her in the future as some old, haggly shrew, but by the time my imagination really gets going the three seconds are up. Is there something else I can do to combat these zombie inducing thoughts....?

laughingly...

Centaur

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, I'm still in it. I usually just do these assignments on the weekends though.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
had one conversation today with a real cutie (will go for her number next week, when I return there)

A secretary at the facutly. A buddy and I went there to get some stuff, but it wasn't there, so we talked a little with her (mostly asking why it wasn't there and stuff), and well I again used my magnetizing* eye-contact, and she responded well (as in, almost completely ignoring my buddy and concentrating on me, locking eye contact - rarely looking away, wow! and smiling a lot).

And when we left.. my friend just said a "thank you" in a disappointed way. 1 second after that, rather than saying also thank you, I just turned back towards her, looked in her eyes, rose my fist in anger and said "damn you!!!" with a big smile and she burst out laughing
(how's that for ****y+funny?
)

* not that I'm trying to brag... It doesn't happen with everyone. But when it does happen it's really mind-blowing

[This message has been edited by mistyc (edited 05-09-2002).]

Ronin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I too have been silently keeping up. Weeks 1 and 2 went okay. They didn't really bring me much confidence. So I was thinkin maybe this DJ bootcamp thing wasn't gonna work. I was kinda down and wasn't even thinking about continueing on with it.

SO i wasn't thinking about talkin to girls and this cutie hobbled into the weightroom with a big cast on one leg. She sat down and started using one of the exercise bikes with one leg only and so I decided that I might as well talk to her. So I went over and said "gee that looks kinda awkward" and I asked if I could use the bike next to her and a great conversation ensued. This was probably the best looking stranger that i've eve talked to(8-8.5...her eyes made me melt..) and I didn't even think about anything when I approached her. I wasen't nervous or anything because I used the 3 second rule. It turned out that she was like 22 or something...and she's a huge hockey fan. She turned out to be cool. If I were older I would have gone for the # but seeing as she could have even been 20 - 25 and I am only 17 I just wanted to use her for practice.

Anyways so this gave me some confidence and I went up and started talkin to some good lookin girl at school. we had a little conversation, maybe 5-10 mins long and then I had to take off.
Then like 10 mins ago I saw this girl that i used to sorta know. I didn't remember her name but she looked good. SO i had a nice little chat with her.

Anyways I just wanted to say that WOW I have gained a lot of confidence from just talkin to good lookin girls.
I'm lovin this. Infact I have found that I am more talkative to anyone now, and for some raeson I don't find myself drooling over the good looking girls at my school like i used to. i don't know why. I guess it's because I am starting to belive that I am a DJ and that I could have any one of them I want.

Anyways just wanted to share my expeariences.
Have a good day Gentlemen.

3 down...7 to go.

Sean

[This message has been edited by Ronin (edited 05-09-2002).]

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well MotU, I normally give my feedback after finishing up the assignment (usually on the Sunday it's due), but here's a lil sumpin sumpin that happened today.

Woo! Guess what? Aight, it was around 2 o' clock and I didn't feel like staying at home so I decided to go out and get my haircut today after all. Aight, so I get on the bus, sit in the front, and who do I see? This girl I've seen before in the catechist training meetings. I don't know her name though so I didn't talk to her. After a couple of stops, she gets off, but her two friends are left behind. Bang, eye contact, look down. Eye contact, look down. I listen in on their conversation, and start smiling cuz the other girl starts saying some strangeass stuff in spanish, and it sounded pretty funny the way she was saying it.

The girl I was making eye contact with then says to me, "Hi, are you Dominican?" "Hehe Nah, I'm filipino (smile)." We kid around a bit, I give a couple of jokes kinda busting the other friend's balls ("Yeah, you can say that better than her, but she reads way better than you." "It's because I didn't have my glasses on!" "Haha yeah right"). The girl that initiated the convo introduced herself and her friend (her name was Melissa and I forget her friend's name), I introduce myself, get some handshake in there, and then I'm outties. Two girls down, 8 more to go this week. Both of them were cute, about 6 or 7s, so if I see them again sometime I can strike up a lil convo and I'll get the e-mail and number. But I'm prolly not going to go past the convos this week since the DJ boot camp assignment is to only make conversation with 10 female strangers you'd want to go out with. Next week will be to get rejected by 10 female strangers you'd like to go out with. So it'll be all good. First time a girl's initiated the convo with me I think ... so it's all good.

NormalGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 2:

Start off the day feeling like a foo for getting rejected yesterday.
During my lunch I stop off at this joint in the mall where I work to pick up a burger for lunch. There was this chick at the counter doing the cash register. I try to smile, though it was more like a weak ass grin. But we connected for a second before I looked away to order my burger. I notice that she did smile at me. Feeling a little bit better, I order my sandwhich, and then she asks me whether I want cheese on that and proceeds to tell me the price. At this point I start busting her chops on the price of the cheese because it's this riduculous amount, and asking her if it's the gourmet ****e you see on television, like gouda or stilton.
We kinda share a laugh over the price of the cheese. At this point I got her a bit at ease, and I ask her how her day is going. She tells me, she's tired and I tell her to join the club because we both got up fairly early in the morning to make our respective jobs. So one thing leads to another and I ask her some questions like where she goes to school and what she's studying. Finally my sandwhich is made and I'm forced to leave the counter as other customers are waiting and she needs to tend to their orders.

All the while my AFC friend who i work with is looking on in shocked amazement, because he knew i was an afc just like him up until yesterday.

And then he deigns to give me advice on the situation like take it slow and don't ask for the number right away, lol.

I get him to be my unwitting wingman, in the whole scheme as I sit across the cafeteria in full view of the girl. My back was basically turned to the girl at this point, but my friend keeps commenting on how the girl is looking in my direction. It was then that I knew I hit the jackpot, baby!!

I told my friend to watch me. As I walked up to the counter, reintroduced myself to her and got her name and number all in one fell swoop. You shoulda seen the way my friends jaw dropped on the ground.

It was funny as hell. The thing is he still doesn't believe one iota, about the philosophy of this website, which I have shown to him in the past. His loss. My gain
. Here is an afc higher up on the scale than I ever was. A guy who's been just friends with this girl for over 1 year, and still cool with dat. Not even one kiss for all the time and money spent on her. Now it is my goal to show him the truth, and at the same time score with a whole bunch of lovely ladies

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NormalGuy

THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See what we told you? One rejection (or 10 or more) means nothing!

And too bad for your afc friend... His loss! (As he's finding out, even if he's still in denial
)

C

candypantz

Just wondering if this boot camp is gender independent? There's a really hot guy that I like who works at a local record store...hes' gorgeous...bald, with a goatee and a beautiful ass.

magikone2002

Reaction score
Since I just got this thread at week #3 I just skipped the 1st two weeks and start talking to nice girls (I don't have a problem with eye contact or talking to strangers unless they are HB, lolol)... actually when I was outside my country I did talk to a lot of HB, that's odd, perhaps being on a different enviroment makes me act more extroverted.(perhaps women in foreign countries are more open, lol)

Anyway I went to a paiting opening exposition with some friends, did talk to a girl for a while. Was at the gym also, ther I froze (start to think too much, lolol!).

I guess the main problem in when there's no receptivity from the another part (after eye contact and waving/smiling)... what should ppl do ?