Difficult decisions

rapsta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My mind is slowly overheating. I don't know what to do in my life. I feel so immature because i can't make decisions. Here's the deal..

I live in a depressing little town in Sweden where nothing happens. It's just the same people wherever i go. No "real" friends or anything like that. Everyone is looking out for their own ass and everyone is talking **** about everybody.

Now i was in Chicago during the holidays because my girlfriend is studying there. I loved that city. And yeah i've seen other big cities as well but Chicago I really loved :) I wanna move there!!! I wanna move to study there but the thing is It would feel like i was all alone there. I don't speak the language 100% fluently since i find difficulties finding words sometimes since Im from sweden. I would feel all alone there and I would have hopes that me and my girlfriend would get back together again. (yes we broke up but we still love eachother, we broke up in order for me to experience difficulties in life to grow up)

Im so damn depressed over the break up too. I can't really think. I don't know what to do. All I know is i don't wanna stay in this town. I've been to bigger towns in Sweden too. I don't like them eather.

The thing is, im 20 years old and i still live with my mother father and my sister. I don't wanna leave them.
But still, if i left them for another town in Sweden i would feel thats ok.
Maybe i should put my family behind me for a little while and do what I wanna do? but im not sure if i wanna do that if im not gonna get to be with my girlfriend in chicago.
anyone got any tips for me how to clear my damn mind?

Dan_DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, just get up and f.ucking do it.

What will be worse - moving to Chicago and possibly have it not work out; or looking back at your life when you are 80 and STILL be in the same ****ty town as you were when you 20, regretting you didn't at least try it.

Do it. Do it now. Not in a few weeks, not in a few months, start organising it NOW. You WILL regret it if you don't.

don_hollow_juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, man, if you wanna do it, then by all means, DO IT. You have to leave things behind that are holding you back, even if it's your family we're talking about. I know how you feel. But I also know that your dreams are up to you only- no one's gonna make 'em come true, except YOU.
Leave your town. Go to another town in Sweden at first. Use your talents. Find new friends, a new job, discover things about yourself you haven't even though you were capable of doing. Start building a foundation for your life at first. Take baby steps. Don't just dive off blindly somewhere, but also know that changes within only come when you change thngs yourself, when YOU control your life, not vica versa. Create stuff. Influence other people's lves. DON'T SETTLE FOR ANYTHING, IF YOU CAN ACHIEVE SOMETHING GREATER.
And you know you can do it. If you work hard enough, Chicago will only be the start. Don't wait, because you don't have time to waste. The discovery of this site/principles of a man's life was the beginning.
Will you have enough strength to continue?
I'm sure you will.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your english is not that bad. You'll be able to get around quite easily with your current skill level. There are many Amercian born people who wouldn't be able to speak as well as you haha.

Anyways, don't use this as an excuse. Take a risk for once in your life.

rapsta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HEY U KNOW WHAT!
i went to boxing traning today, i held the training today =) i made everyones tongues touch the floor after 2 hours of sparring :D
anyways, after that.. i drove home.

i thought to myself.. what if i moved to chicago to study the language for 1 year and reflect over life and learn new things and become independant.. and then move back to sweden to study law or architecture.. because thats what i wanna study, right now, maybe it'll change, but first i need 1 year in chicago to experience new stuff in my life, learn new stuff, become stronger.

And when i get there, i won't get back together with my girl, because i don't need her right now. She cant do anything for me when i move back to sweden to study. But after that.. we'll see. If it's meant to be, we'll get back together and have a great life. But if not, let it be so.
We could eventually be friends and go out for a coffe or something sometimes, because she is a great friend, she really loves her friends and does everything for them.

whatcha think guys? this is my dream =) i finally know what i wanna do in my life

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chicago?

Hey,

Why in the hell are you moving to Chicago, when, you could move to so many other nice places in America?

Do you know what the crime rate is in that city?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I know.........

You want to move close to your ex-girlfriend.......

You can hire someone, close to where you live, to help you learn to speak good english.

cave dweller

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey come on lets not knock chicago. Seriously though it does get cold as hell up here. I should've migrated years ago.

But it does seem that you are looking to move closer to the ex. Good luck with that.

rapsta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1. im not gonna move there, im gonna study there for 1 year only
2. cave dweller i dont give a shyt about the crime rate. i wouldn't rather move to orange county. i would rather do that when i've settled down in my 30ies. right now i wanna experience new stuff, its not only about learning english.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a line........

Rap,

Come on now........Don't give us a line here.

Your moving to Chicago to be near your Ex......

cave dweller

rapsta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cave i wanna experience usa man. i wanna experience a big city. and i have the perfect oppurtunity in chicago. i got some people i know through my ex. and i got my ex as a eventual friend there.
anything wrong in that? seriously?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
heh why did you break up again? So you could experience hardship???

So ur gf one day was like "rapsta we are breaking up because your life has been too easy."

Err?

Reaction score
Move for a purpose and not because of a girl!!! Seems a little desperate but I guess you want to experience anywhere but where you are at! If you have the money and support then I guess there is nothing stopping you to visit America except "Homeland Security"!:rolleyes:

rapsta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"homeland security" isn't a problem, i'll get a student visa.
and i already know how to navigate myself in chicago man, i was there for 3 weeks, and i like the city alot.

and no she didn't break up just because of that. she wanted me to grow up and be a man because im the one she wants to be with the rest of her life if i can change to a better man.