Diet and sex drive

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As many people have said, bulking up and lifting weights can send your sex drive sky high. I noticed this myself and there were times when I felt like an animal. However, since I started cutting I have noticed my sex drive plummet. I'm rarely in the mood to have sex, which is starting to become a problem.

Has anyone else noticed this? What foods would you recommend to help me increase or at least stabilize my sex drive while I'm cutting? I've read mixed reports, with some saying red meat is good, others saying it is bad. Anyone?

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is a fact.

It supresses so many hormones and brain chemicals it's no wonder.

I've found that doing HIT training while cutting (although, cutting for me is very light) , and having at least one high carb day a week really helps a lot.

Also get on the pumkin seeds ;)

TheCaptain21

Don Juan
Reaction score
reducing too low for too long can lower test.....i did a 1500 calorie ckd without dextrose last year and 20 or less carbs.....biggest mistake ever, my test was down for a few months after.......best advice is unless your an endomorph, don't reduce too low and do HIIT for cardio, its proven to raise test......also some good supps to take are tribulus, zma, and 6-oxo or you can buy the whole combo and save some bucks and get Instone Forza T good stuff......

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Second on the zma to raise your sex drive. More the zinc in the ZMA, so to save a few bucks, just go to your local drugstore and get zinc and magnesium, and the vitamin B if you'd like. The Zinc and magnesium are pretty good tho, and super cheap. Pop one of each post workout and it should help keep you a bit more normal.

As alpine said, the carb up/cheat day can help a lot too, because it'll replenish a lot of stuff in your body, and your test levels will shoot up. I've read somewhere that broccoli and cauliflower help too... can't hurt right? ;)

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who wrote your cutting routine? You should not loose your sex drive at all if you do it right, at least I have never felt any loss of sex drive. R u eating enough fat in your cutting diet? This is prooven to raise testosterone levels immensly.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for all the responses. I'll take all the advice I'm offered right now. I'm also thinking of taking a break from cutting for a few weeks to let my body recuperate as I'm also noticing my energy decreasing considerably too.

tyciol

Don Juan
Reaction score
I work in bulk food and we have LOTS of pumpkin seeds, I remember my mom roasting them for halloween, they're usually salted.

So they help with the sex? What about pumpkin pie? I like that a lot more. Also bananas.