Did I handle this right?

akeith90

Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl I've known for quite a while (goin on 3 yrs now) out of the blue messages me saying she wants to hang out with me. We always say "oh yah, we're gonna hang out" but it never really happens. This time it seemed like she was serious. I sent her 2 messages back. The first message said I was busy except for a few hrs on sat and sun. I told her to tell me what times she would be free.

But then thinking that was a bad move, I sent my second message a couple minutes after that saying "Yah know what....meet me at *place* at 11:30 on Sun. After that we'll go see a movie or somethin. Just get a ride to the place and I'll take care of the rest"

Did I handle this right? And if she does show up, should I actually take her to the movies, or do something more fun like go to a park?

MARVEL IQ

Don Juan
Reaction score
You handle it right expect the movie part. Going to movies sets too much of the "dating" mindset. So do something else. The park is a good idea. My favorite place to go is the mall just cause it's so many opportunities in one place. But thats just me.

Love,
Marvel IQ

Roobs

Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Read bible+ HS sticky's this kinda rando question really doesent neccesitate a new thread (no offence intended)

2) you've known her for 3 years, unless you hardly ever see her, i'd say you're pretty deep in the friend-zone mate. but at leas she's interested in you in some way. dont get attached to her though beacuse chances are she doesent want to bone you.

3) sounds kinda corny "and i'll take care of the rest" but yeah u "handled" it fine--relax and play it by ear, but when she asks what are we going to do--be decicive, and DO NOT say "i dont know, what do you want to do"

enjoy

akeith90

Don Juan
Reaction score
Last time I tried the mall it bombed.

Our friendship is weird. At first we were friends, but then I liked her, and she found out (AFC days), and we stopped talking for close to a yr. Then this yr we start talking again, like we were starting all over again. And we hardly get to see each other or talk.

There are a few signs that she likes me, so movies shouldn't be too bad. Maybe do more than just watch a movie. Back when we were just "friends" we went to the movies and I realize now i coulda done more (head on my shoulder, saying we should hold hands, etc....I hit myself now)

VegasGuy56

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with movie dates is that you don't actually interact (Unless you're making out or something). If you've already built attraction, that's fine. But a movie isn't going to get you out of the friend zone.

Have you read the bible? The VAH on MysteryMethod.com? David Deangelo's Double Your Dating book? Do you know what C&F is?

akeith90

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to tell with her. I'm pretty sure she has fairly high interest though.

I've read the bible. I don't know what you mean by VAH, but I know some of Mystery's stuff. And I know what C&F is.

I'm not sure about movies now, because there's really nothing out (that I can see w/o sneaking in anyway). So if I do go to the park is it best to just walk around? Or bring a soccer ball or somethin? (she plays soccer so she might beat me at that)