Did Anyone See The Movie Buried?

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched the movie Buried last night. It was really good for a movie that was about a guy in a coffin. This movie kind of struck a nerve with me because I feel that it was a really good commentary on the kind of social reality that a lot of men live in.

"I need one million dollars by nine o'clock tonight or I'll be left to die in this coffin!" Come up with 5 million dollars or you die alone in a box. That pretty much says it all.

The film shows just how unreliable, and useless others will be when it comes to getting out of the coffin. The part where Ryan is on the phone with his wife's friend is pretty much spot on. He is urgently trying to get her to look up a phone number, but she is more concerned about being "yelled" at than she is about helping him get out of a buried coffin. He then has to phone her back and ask nicely, and even appologize for "yelling" at her. Only then does she decide to help him out and get the state department's phone number, instead of being a decent humanbeing and getting it right away.

Then you have all the lies that Ryan is told by people who are outside of the coffin. Some were told before he was in the coffin and were the reason he got put in there, and some were told while he was in the coffin to keep him quiet about his situation. This isn't entirely unlike the lies that many(if not all) of the members of this forum have been fed by women and society in general.

The best line of the movie:

Ryan: They are holding me ransom for 5 million dollars.

State Dep. Woman: Or else???

Ryan: Or else he'll take me to Sea World.

ken chang

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that movie. Excellent performance by Ryan. I was impressed. Ending kinda disappointed me though. I liked the story but after every horrible thing that happened to this guy, I was sort of hoping for a happy ending. My girlfriend didn't appreciate it, though.

I really liked how Ryan said "thank" you to his wife's friend. Hehehe...

j0n24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I downloaded it and really enjoyed the movie.

I agree with both points of both posters.

It sucks how society works though....in this day and age if it doesnt help the other person they wont give a sh1t what you want or what you asked them for help with.

The ending does suck and I agree this was one of those movies that I really did want the main character to have a "Good," Ending.

I agree thought the wifes friend is a b1tch.

samchn07

Reaction score
Hi

SharinganUser said:
I watched the movie Buried last night. It was really good for a movie that was about a guy in a coffin. This movie kind of struck a nerve with me because I feel that it was a really good commentary on the kind of social reality that a lot of men live in.

"I need one million dollars by nine o'clock tonight or I'll be left to die in this coffin!" Come up with 5 million dollars or you die alone in a box. That pretty much says it all.

The film shows just how unreliable, and useless others will be when it comes to getting out of the coffin. The part where Ryan is on the phone with his wife's friend is pretty much spot on. He is urgently trying to get her to look up a phone number, but she is more concerned about being "yelled" at than she is about helping him get out of a buried coffin. He then has to phone her back and ask nicely, and even appologize for "yelling" at her. Only then does she decide to help him out and get the state department's phone number, instead of being a decent humanbeing and getting it right away.

Then you have all the lies that Ryan is told by people who are outside of the coffin. Some were told before he was in the coffin and were the reason he got put in there, and some were told while he was in the coffin to keep him quiet about his situation. This isn't entirely unlike the lies that many(if not all) of the members of this forum have been fed by women and society in general.

The best line of the movie:

Ryan: They are holding me ransom for 5 million dollars.

State Dep. Woman: Or else???

Ryan: Or else he'll take me to Sea World.

Really its looking interesting movie as you described about it. Thanks for sharing.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just saw it now because of this thread. Totally fvcked up ending. Mark Hunt?! They fvcking lied to him up to the very end!

Crazy. I guess im a happy ending kind of guy but that was totally messed up.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't like the movie but if you liked that movie you should see "Brake" starring Stephen Dorph.

rambof07

Reaction score
Fantastic movie and It's been a long time since I have given a movie a perfect 5-star score. "Buried" without a doubt deserves it. As the credits rolled, I simply exhaled as I had been holding my breath for what seemed like the last 5 minutes of this very intense, nerve-wracking drama. I have often liked Reynold's