Depression

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not expert, but when people are down they come here and write a huge essay, wallowing in self-pity.

Those two short, unmotivated sentences do seem depressing.

In any case, here is not the place to should be to get diagnosed.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depression is constantly asking yourself "what's the point?" when faced with every small task in life. If it seems that everything is pointless, then you are probably depressed.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
Thinking too much leads to depression. I always feel for guys like you because I was once there. Anyways do yourself a favor and watch this. Also research Eckhart Tolle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeaWC6y0jFc
I only have 1 question for Tolle.

How am I supposed to determine my future if I don't constantly think about it?

@Bible_Belt:

I sort of think that way, I look at the dark side of everything, I say what's the point in trying because I'm going to fail anyways. Also a lack of motivation.

Idk..

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see that you are 17. I know it may not feel that way now, but it might be a phase. Or it could be more serious. Best to see a professional regarding these things. The #1 most important thing when determining whether you have a mental 'disorder' is the "... and affects every day life to the point of being detrimental" criterion. Remember that.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't affect me so much to the point my life is ruined, but i does give me a bad outlook to life in general. Makes me feel like **** for a week straight.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool. Well, we can't really help you. None of us are experts (well, maybe someone is). Talk to professionals if you're concerned.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theminatar said:

@Bible_Belt:

I sort of think that way, I look at the dark side of everything, I say what's the point in trying because I'm going to fail anyways. Also a lack of motivation.

Idk..
Your future is determined by your present actions, thus; you can determine your future without resisting the moment.

You must adapt a new mindset. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you think you're gonna fail, then you'll probably fail.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
Your future is determined by your present actions, thus; you can determine your future without resisting the moment.

You must adapt a new mindset. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you think you're gonna fail, then you'll probably fail.
You're wise for a 15 year old.

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theminatar said:

Many people believe that thinking about their future is the same as planning for it. Its not the same thing. You can plan for your future and make a contingency plan in case something doesnt work out. Thinking about your future involves dwelling on the possibility of the negative outcome (aka. failure). This thought of failure overpowers you in the long run and you will end up dropping your plans and failing. You only fail when you give up.

Eckhart Tolle teaches you to quiet your mind because this allows you control of your thoughts. When you don't let thoughts control you, and instead YOU CONTROL your thoughts, they will work for you. Since thoughts will always manifest themselves, you will control the things that manifest into your life. Whereas before you were not able to control your thoughts, and therefore were not able to control the things that manifested in your life.

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What troubles you? Something specific?

Nevertheless whatever it is, don't think too much about it and especially don't stress about it. If you won't make it worse by over-thinking, analyzing etc. it will go away in 2 months at most. If it gets worse or it won't go away, you probably need a medication to help you out.

Whatever you are stressing about is not a big deal....it just seems like it because your brain is in stress mode. So don't worry. Try to eat well and hydrate, take some vitamins avoid narcotics and alcohol and make slight effort to keep it cool.

Don't be afraid. It's gonna be just fine.

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess, it is quite scary to realize you have your life in your own hands and your decisions will affect your life.
Try to trust the driver. You won't crash it, man, come on. Make some practice runs before you start speeding on a highway but otherwise you will be just fine.

It is fine to plan and prepare but it is also important to just apply the 'fvck it, it won't kill me' attitude.

It is in your genes. Your ancestors did well and so will you. You can even do much better.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
If you're thinking to yourself, "I wish I would've done __insert inconsequential bullsh!t__ another way."

If you're looking back, you're not focused on the possibilities ahead.

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
depression leads to lower testosterone levels which leads to less *****, which leads to more depression.

snap the **** out of it.

when I find myself getting depressed, I do something I like. Then I feel better. If you try this and it doesnt work, then maybe you should talk to people who are not way too suave, e.g. church person, psychologist.

actually prostitutes listen really well too.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Theminatar said:
How would I know if I'm depressed? Or simply down?
Stop what your doing right now and just stand back and observe your feelings. You'll quickly realize that you really have no problems right now at this moment.

Your basically looking at your outside circumstances, if you foreseeable future in the next week, next day, 2 hours from now or 5 minutes looks favorable then you feel great. But if it looks bleak or uncertain then you will feel depressed or down.

The best thing to do is to forget about the future, let go of the past and focus on being happy right here, and right now.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember that its human nature to want to stay in your current emotional state.
As humans are concious of the conciousness itself; so we can break free of this, and decide what mood we want to be in; right NOW. Just smile. Just laught.
You dont laught because you're happy; you're happy because you laught.

Also realize that the essence of human freedom lies in the fact that unlike other creatures, man is self-aware, which means that we decide how we respond to any stimulus.
This means that all these things that you may think are either good or bad, are neither. You choose how you view things in your life. Are they gonna be problems, obstacles, or cheerleaders?
Just my .02