depression=anti dating material?

emmet1

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey everybody!
about a week ago i asked a girl out on a date, and she replied enthusiastically.
but in the last couple of days she seems down.
i didn't ask her what's wrong since i don't think i should be her shrink, but the date is tomorrow and i think she may still be down.
should i postpone the date? or just wait for it to pass?

Gro0ver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No just see what happens. You can see then how she handles herself and how important you are to her.

If you postpone the date you might make her even more sad! :eek:

emmet1

Don Juan
Reaction score
okay, but dating someone depressed isn't very fun

drellum

Don Juan
Reaction score
everybody gets a bit sad and down but it shouldn't affect the date. If it did I'd be out of there, especially if she was new.

Just try and be understanding and show her a good time!

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I meet someone I want to date I always try to detect depressive behavior. If your regard of me changes from one day to the next for no good reason I can assume there is a problem and cut her off. Save yourself the headache bud.

LittleBigOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
She feels down? I don´t think so, she might have another problem what we call buying remorse. While she first was happy that you asked her on a date, now she starts to doubt...by asking her on a date you put way too much pressure on yourself and on her.
Don´t do dates (even i know it´s a common think in the Angelsaksion culture which is soooo formal). Make it casual like ´hey, i want to go to concert of blablabla, wanne join me?´

emmet1

Don Juan
Reaction score
i asked her what day she wanted to go to the beach, Friday or Saturday, no pressure :D
and I've known her for awhile, it doesn't happen very often but it does sometimes.
i guess ill just go for it and hopefully she doesn't cancel the date, or that will be strike one

alxrose04

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey emmet, in the midst of all this, just remember to have a positive mind frame about yourself. Don't let a girl's depression bring you down. You should be a great guy and listen but that's her problem that she needs to solve for her to mature and grow. As for the date, approach it like the the enthusiastic guy that you are. And she can't get out her head for two seconds to enjoy an enthusiastic guy like you, then maybe she needs to figure some things out.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Either she's got too much pressure on her or your princess doesn't want to tell you that she's really in another castle (has other options which are probably better). Those are 2 possibilities.

If she goes, you need to just stay positive. If not, cut her loose. I commend you for not being her shrink because that's a great way to get in the friendzone. :)

Another thing is that if a woman wants to see you, she'll swim the Mississippi River to see you. In other words, she'll find a way to see you.

Never call it a date either. :nono:

Let the chips fall where they may. That's my ruling.

Case closed.

MM92

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Depressed" birds (i hate the word) are so easy. they fall in love with you as soon as you give them a bit of attention. just my experience anyway

daygamer

Reaction score
LittleBigOne said:
She feels down? I don´t think so, she might have another problem what we call buying remorse. While she first was happy that you asked her on a date, now she starts to doubt...by asking her on a date you put way too much pressure on yourself and on her.
Don´t do dates (even i know it´s a common think in the Angelsaksion culture which is soooo formal). Make it casual like ´hey, i want to go to concert of blablabla, wanne join me?´

if it was buyer's remorse, she wouldn't go on te date to begin with...

cremasta7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe her dog died.
Maybe she failed an exam.
Maybe she didn't get a job she was going for.

You can be pretty sure that her being down has nothing to do with you.

Go on the date with the intention of having a great time. If she turns out to be a fun sponge, just don't see her again.