Dejavu

ian1988

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys

I had no intentions of looking for a girlfriend at all this year. That however didnt stop me from socializing with them. I however got to know this girl from my classes. Lets call her....Laura

So Laura and I got to know each other this year due to being in the same classes. shes one of the year level comittee leaders and is a rather bright spark. We get alot fine and hardly run out of things to say. Ive given her a few rides back home and exchanged the occasional hug at school when we crossed paths etc etc and shes trusted me with a few secrets.

More and more I found myself talking to her and I subconciously started to liek her. For me, being around her made me feel happy. It wasnt all about the looks, although having said that shes not bad at all.

I still played it cool. Teasing her, picking her brain. flirting a lil. shoing a lil interest

I automatically took this as a sign she liked me. So last week at her party, I turned up after work, with about an hour left on the party and I was totally knackerd...Wasnnt really into the dancing and stuff so I wasnt all to energetic and I ddint really know anybody there.

When everyone left. I told her that I was starting to like her and wondered if she would like to go out with me. She said it was APPEALING but was confused and didnt know, and told me to give her some time. I agreed

I got a txt later that night from her. She said the reason was becasue she liked someone else. and after a few txt messages, she wondered if we could take it slow. I Agreed again....Feeling all happy

Fast Forward to the morning, she sends me a txt saying how she had second thoughts and didnt know how liking the other guy would affect us and decided that we shoulnt commit ourselves AND REASSES the situation later in the future...

OK so ive told my chix mates about this and they say that I still stand a decent chance seeing she contemplated taking it slow and did say that my proposal was appealing.

My questions now is should I:
A)Turn up the charm by flirting
B) Slowly pull back until she has lost feelings for the other guy the go in for the kill
C) Cut my losses
D) Continue acting normally

I REALLY NEED HELP....SO PLEASE HELP ME :)

Last edited:

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. You totally fvcked it up. :down:

You do not have any chance at all unless you really start going in the other direction.

She has to like you a bit before you even try anything on her and if your idea of making a move is telling her you like her.. :crazy:

You gave her rides so she would hug you? Fvck that is some sad sh!t.

She probally does not really like the other guy all that much just more than you. Or she made that other guy up.

This post has to be fake or something.

ian1988

Don Juan
Reaction score
No.... At school or at the ball she would come up and give me hugs....

Dude.... if you arent gone be helpful.... fuk off..

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think she likes you as more of a friend and not really in a "I want him" sort of way. That's being helpful.

Just continue like normal. Flirt with her if you know how to flirt.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a) You screwed up.
b) Hypothetical situation. There's a chick that informs you that she wants you. You want her. What happens?

You see, if she was interested, you wouldn't be at this point.

Mission

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The most important thing for starters is that you cannot get clingy with her and continually ask her to date you. What you should do is keep being friendly with her and fun to be around. Do not be wierd about what has happened between you, if she starts to act distant then back off a bit.

You have to realize that she likely had initial attraction for you, but after you didn't make any moves on her for a while she lost interest in you.

Don't push the situation, and keep your eyes open for new girls.

--Mission

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ian1988 said:
I told her that I was starting to like her and wondered if she would like to go out with me.
Pack it up and move on. Why did you tell her that you like her? :nono: You got delt a decent hand and effed it up. Find some other girl(s) and maybe youll get another shot, MAYBE.

ian1988

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mission said:
The most important thing for starters is that you cannot get clingy with her and continually ask her to date you. What you should do is keep being friendly with her and fun to be around. Do not be wierd about what has happened between you, if she starts to act distant then back off a bit.

You have to realize that she likely had initial attraction for you, but after you didn't make any moves on her for a while she lost interest in you.

Don't push the situation, and keep your eyes open for new girls.

--Mission
Well Im not weird about the situation, I openly joke about it with her. And that was the first time ever that i approached her about the situation. As I thought it was the right time. Im FAR from being clingy.

The reason why I decided to ask her out now was because we were txting one night and she was telling me about a good friend of hers whom she used to like but asked her out to late as they fell into the friends category already and things got a little nasty(threw her phone across the room and didnt txt him back).

I hinted by saying..... Hypothetically speaking... say if i were to ask you out, what would happen... she said..for starters she wouldnt throw her phone across the room. So that was the all clear for me.

Bassed on what you guys said, I should jus continue to act the way I did before all this happened but turn up the flirting?

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's interested in you, and you've got to use that to your advantage. I think you need to increase the time you guys spend together, and make sure it's fun. Hang out and have fun together as much as you can without getting annoying or boring. Don't talk about dating each other or being committed, just let what happens happen. You've got to pick up the pace. The race is nearly done and you're in the home stretch, you don't back off or run steady, you sprint your ass to the finish with everything you've got.

It's time to close this deal up and put that other guy away for good. You need to make strong eye contact, constantly. Not weird eye contact that makes her uncomfortable, but strong eye contact. When you catch her staring back into your eyes, returning that eye contact, and nobody has said anything for a bit, lean in, and go for the kiss. From what you've told me I can guarantee that she wants you to, and you will succeed. Picture it in your mind a thousand times, picture everything you do going perfectly without hesitation.

She wants to date you, just not exclusively. Not yet. Later she will for sure. You've got to kiss this girl.

ian1988

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what... that did run through my mind. When I asked her out, I was tempted to just lay one in.. and let her ponder about it...I'll just have to make another oppertiunity ;)

Thanks for your help guys