Define : Girlfriend...

happyhappy

Reaction score
Would the term girlfriend be used to define a long-lasting relationship (over 6 months), or is girlfriend more defined on your personal relationship. Shouldnt a guy worry on developing his confidence and not his game. I am very confident nad comfortable around women, but i scoff at the notion of a girlfriend because of the liabilities associated with it. If your not soliciting sexual interventions (ie: kissing and beyond...) then what is the true purpose of a girlfriend. It may be the fact that i take ADD meds that effect my libido but if your determined to involve yourself with girls arnt you better off being a flirt over initiating yourself into a relationship? If you need company, thats what friends are for, but the whole "girlfriend" notion, could it be over rated?

Try to remain civil if you think im wrong, but please clarify!

Sachiel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks, I say. Some people want a longer relationship than others, while others simply want to get laid. Personally, I want to experiment with different gals. Not sexually, persay, but in a more social sense. At first, at least. I'm a Catholic, and I don't believe in sex before marriage, but I'm not here to impose my values on you. As I said, some people like to be promiscuous, while others prefer to be in a fun, sexually charged relationship that lasts a while. I'm the latter. I say it depends on your preference. If you don't feel it's necessary, then skip that part of the process. Best of luck to ye.

-Sachiel, DJ in Training

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you'll know if you have a girlfriend. The emotional connection should be pretty strong. What I don't like is guys tossing around the term gf for a girl they've seen once or twice, or just go out with, or hook up with a couple of times. "Girlfriend", IMO, is more based on emotional connection than physical/sexual connection (although that is important too).

Deviant_DeWilde

Don Juan
Reaction score
You wanted a definition?

girlfriend
noun
1. Any female friend; "Mary and her girlfriend organized the party"
2. A girl or young woman with whom a man is romantically involved; "his girlfriend kicked him out"

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL...great sentence example there