Dealing With Miscommunication

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So me and this girl had plans to get a bite last night, and when I made them earlier last week I told her to call me when she gets home (she was on vacation until yesterday). Anyways, last night rolls around and I don't get a call. This morning I wake up and my phone has a text from her at 11:30 PM saying "Hey JLay87. I guess tonight didn't work out. Maybe another time".

This totally sounds to me like she thought I ditched her because I didn't call her, when I thought I made it pretty clear that she was supposed to call me because I didn't know when she was going to be back in town. However, we have also been trying for a while to get together and it's just never worked out. As for her interest level, I can tell that she's interested, so I don't think this is her blowing me off.

How would you deal with this?

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make another date to see her, and clear this up in person.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just worried I won't get that chance. I'll call her up later today and see if that's possible.

AMDG

Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
Yeah, I'm just worried I won't get that chance. I'll call her up later today and see if that's possible.
It's simple actually - tell her to call you in order to evaluate her IL. IMHO you are already low value in her eyes.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's a consistant problem, you don't want her. You'd at least want one who could pay attention to directions[what if she forgot to pick up the kids because she didn't listen?]

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
It's a non-issue. If she makes a big deal out of it and doesn't want to see you again, you're better off without her. You don't want to waste your time on women who make a mountain out of a mole hill, and who can't follow simple directions, like sodbuster said.

lghost

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah its not a big issue. But understand, your are the guy, she is the woman. If you know how to assume your role she will assume hers. Not vice-versa.