dealing with a girl with ocd?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Back in the day, crazy used to be brought behind the barn and put out of its misery. Today, it gets promoted, a National speaking circuit, and gaslights its audience. I suggest if it’s going to be something you can’t handle, eject - or learn how to lay down hard and firm boundaries and that may involve being really tough
I'm a firm believer part of the reason why things have gotten much worse over time is because the brain is constantly being overstimulated and bombarded all the time every day without a way to get any rest from it.

Social media, texts, TV, billboards, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, cell phones, internet, mobile services, etc...

Up until my early 20s, when people left the house that was it. There was no way of getting in contact with them. You had to either leave a message with someone else or leave a VM for them to call when they got back.

Nowadays you just can't escape. You are constantly able to be reached and reach others and I just think it's all too much for the brain to handle on a nonstop 24/7/365 basis decade after decade.

I literally almost feel naked if I leave the house without my phone now, in a way I could never have imagined back then.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I literally almost feel naked if I leave the house without my phone now, in a way I could never have imagined back then.
I put my phone on airplane mode most of the time.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd make a great therapist, you know that?
And you really need to work on detecting sarcasm.
On reddit, the inability to discriminate sarcasm is well-known, which is why people end with "/s" to close off their sarcastic comment.

The earlier post had reasonable advice to avoid a woman whose OCD represents a traumatic past. I don't follow how complimenting reasonable advice should be assumed to be sarcastic. You might have better results with "/s" or "/sarcasm".

PlatoPacks23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OCD can manifest itself in many ways. Many think if someone has OCD that they are picky about keeping things clean and germ free almost obsessively. But I've known women with OCD who were really sloppy because OCD can manifest as hording or collecting cats or anything really..... One I dated could not leave her apartment without making sure that all her appliances and lamps were unplugged. I dated one that had to work-out every day. One was obsessive about making schedules and lists, another was obsessive about tracking her friends and family.

I have a mild form of OCD, which manifests as obsessively tracking my investments and money. I will spend 30 minutes a day checking all my investments, checking account... changing projections and I am not comfortable until I can project what my finances will be out two years... Give me a date over the next 2 years, and I will tell you exactly how much money should be in my checking account on that day. IMO it is a 'good' form of OCD because it really doesn't affect anyone but me, and it really doesn't take much time every day. But if I don't do this every day from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AM, it will bother me until I can sit down and do this.
your example about investments seems to not be bad whatsoever, person im talking to (as far as I know) seems to have it fairly under control but obsessive about scheduling, being neat etc..

any advice in particular for more mild forms?

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your example about investments seems to not be bad whatsoever, person im talking to (as far as I know) seems to have it fairly under control but obsessive about scheduling, being neat etc..

any advice in particular for more mild forms?
The reason I consider it obsessive is because I know there is nothing I can do about what is happening with investments... I invest, and then just let it go. I suppose if I was a day trader... checking everyday makes sense. Checking my credit, credit cards balances, and checking account daily I think is something everyone should do because at any time you can become a victim of fraud just to make sure someone hasn't hacked you or stolen your identity.

It would make more sense is I just let my Finacial adviser take care of my investments, then look at it once a quarter, or if I'm planning to make any moves.

I really don't think mild forms of OCD are really a problem, most people have something, just as long as someone's particular thing is not too disruptive... that's okay.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OCD people have a tendency to micromanage not just their own lives.