Dating older Girls

English_Bloke

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does dating older girls work/pay off more than dating girls your own age or younger? I managed to steal a senior's heart (im a sophomore) so we have a 2 year old age gap. I havent had any problems with it but once she goes off to college than I dont want a long distance relationship.

I know that there is still a bit of AFC in me and I know that if im not careful I will get attached so when she leaves I will get smashed. Hah, so, is it worth going for it?

Generally are older girls bigger payoffs if you get them e.g. more experience and playing less games, or does it just complicate things?

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was 18 and went out with a 20 year old - now I'm 20 and shes nearly 22, so it can work.

16 and 18 is a bigger gap than 18 and 20 though.

Treat her like you would any other girl. If your mature it shouldn't be a problem.

Be aware that your social status will go up among your peers as well:up:.

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in the EXACT situation you are in. I'm 16 and she's 18. I'm not sure what to do about next year, her going away to college and all. What are your plans, English_Bloke? For your question, as long as you act that your age difference doesn't really matter then you won't really notice it. If your fine with it then she'll be fine with it as well. We both don't mind our age difference. I've also seen freshmen and senior couple, as long as you act confident then the age difference doesn't really matter.

English_Bloke

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well im pretty mature so I act a few years ahead of where im meant to be so that fills in the age gap for me and her.

As for going off to college, the most I can really think of is just having a good relationship and then just being good friends w/ her when she leaves. Long distance is pretty demanding and ive tried it once - didnt work out so well.

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
"It's not the years in your age but the age in your years." ;) Get what I'm saying?

English_Bloke

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I see where your coming from. The only thing im a little stuck on is when she goes off to college...

Im thinking of just having a good year w/ her and then when she leaves to college making the first move and make the relationship just really good friends.

No point in closing any doors or connections - that sound any good?

wh01987

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you two where that serious, couldnt she go to a close college or a community college and transfer out when you graduate? Or is that too afc...?

English_Bloke

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it might be getting a little AFC. I wouldnt mind settling with her, but then again I have said that with most girls ;)

Ill check out that GF Going to college thing and get some more ideas.

In a few days im spending a week with her in hawaii so, ill see how it goes from there :D

Are DJ's meant to settle down later on and go back to becoming AFC, lol, or is it a constant mindframe?

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long distance is pretty demanding and ive tried it once - didnt work out so well.

Good, at least you know what to expect, there will be no surprises. You're already ahead of the game having this mind set. Once she goes off to college, she'll meet a whole new group of friends and 'guys', there's nothing you can do about it.

For the time being though, I would really try to turn her out. Get her drooling over you and wanting you. Make sure she leaves with a smile on her face and with you in her thoughts. You want her to think back and say 'man he was sexy'. Get what I'm saying? That way, whenever she comes home to visit, she'll be calling you to hang out.

Oh, and start checking your other 'options', if you know what I mean....LOL.