dating douchebags, badboys..etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonBlood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
It's also interesting that you mention depression. Do you think being depressed is attractive to a woman? I think it can be. The odd thing is depression is almost the exact opposite of being confident, is it not?
Depression is definitely not the opposite of being confident. Its a return to confidence in spite of misery. Some of my most confident fearless behaviors in the past were when I was feeling deeply depressed. The best way I can describe it is you lose touch with reality and concerns about your social role/image. Basically, alot of people can do stupid things when they are not thinking clearly. This creates indifference and uncertainty. This can lead to shootings, suicide etc, but it can also lead to a general devil may care attitude, rejecting the world, creating your own reality that combined with taking action is attractive to women. Where things start to head into badboy territory (in my experience) is when other males start giving your behavior props. This feeds the ego and creates narcissism.

On the flipside depression also creates alot of body paralysis. You can lose days and weeks lifeless in your bed. Pretty much unable to do anything, your focus and priorities are non-existent. The best way I can describe it is like a "fog" over your brain that numbs all your senses preventing clear thought. So there are pros and cons. I believe the main purpose of depression is to force you to take a serious look at your life and think how to improve it. The side effect is indifference to your current circumstance.

Anxiety, fear, limiting beliefs etc = lack of esteem/confidence.

Depression = disconnect from, and unhappy with, reality. Re-assessment of options. No real link to confidence and can actually make it go up temporarily. As long as whatever is keeping you depressed persists then the confidence remains. If you make it through you will have a fair share of interesting reference experiences to build sustainable confidence on top of.

Im not advocating depression is the only path to the badboy, its just my journey. Im sure anger, abuse or any form of mental trauma will do just fine to create an indifferent attitude or dark confidence. Ironically for many years I was actually quite pleased with the results my dark confidence was getting. What really brought the switch over for me was watching "fun guys" get stable relationships with the same girl over the long term, while I was getting spikes of chaos and drama. All the while with things I had to address within my own life still boiling away causing unhappiness.

A weird thing that happens to me every so often, and probably because I am susceptible to depression, is that I hit a second lighter wave of depressed and unsatisfied when my relationships and work is too easy. When things start going my way on a subconscious level I begin to miss the drama and chaos, figure that one out ahaha. As an aspiring DJ this is something I try to retrain, I suppose when you are around negative energy and drama inducing girls long enough, that energy does rub off on you.

zekko said:
I'm not the one advocating everybody become a bad boy, that's the pickup gurus. Or worse, their followers who don't really understand what the gurus are saying (most gurus tell you NOT to be a bad boy, just take on certain traits that they supposedly possess).

Yeah, I guess what I'm saying is that you don't have to be a bad boy to be a strong, masculine male who can dominate a woman and treat her with disrespect in the bedroom, lol.
Agree. Pretending to be a badboy, Intentionally trying to be disrespectful towards women to win her approval is the worst possible frame.

Even though you want to become a stable masculine man, I have to admit the uncertainty of a badboy can definitely take a girl for a ride on her highest highs and lowest lows. Even if badboy is not sustainable or a healthy place for the male to remain its a huge amount of fun for the girls. You could apply the same logic to a slvt. Unhealthy place for the girl long term, but a ton of fun for the guys.

What hasnt really been touched on in this thread is how a badboy does get measurably good results and behaviors, but its at a cost to the self. Its not the optimal solution for girls. In a way by having a lack of boundaries you could argue badboys pedestalize girls by allowing the girl to bring drama into their life, encourage their negative behavior to continue and use them for entertainment, instead of spending that time getting his **** together.

Even though I am on the path of self improvement not all badboys have a happy ending. One of the other guys I knew years ago that fit into "badboy" managed to reproduce with an attractive women, but ending up dying of drug overdose in his early 20s. Another one is in jail for beating and raping a women. Dark ****. Most badboys do not escape their own negative feedback loop, especially with so many "yes men" worshiping you around, you just keep spiraling downwards into destruction. I could see myself falling into self-destructive behaviors, fights and decided to pull myself out of it. I still have **** loads of confidence from the experience but its not sustainable by any stretch of the imagination. Badboys definitely get too much idolization as examples of masculine behaviors without really digging deep into where the energy comes from, where these guys end up afterwards and how the badboy is disrespectful towards himself and too wrapped up in his own ego and crew to get out. Badboys are fun but 9/10 this story isnt going to end well. If we could cultivate the behaviors and emotional spikes a badboy brings to the table that the girls enjoy but with a more positive self view that would be ideal.

TLDR

What I admire about badboys though is how they turn negative energy into sexual energy. (main point of thread) But ultimately, all negative energy leads to destruction regardless of what you do with it.

Last edited:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dark traid traits are like rims on a car. you can't slap rims on any car and make the car look good.

20 inch rims on a 1993 toyota camary will just make you look like an idiot.

20 inch rims on a 2013 dodge charger will turn heads

guys thinking that women are turned on JUST by dark triad personality traits is like thinking that people are attracted to cars JUST because of the rims on the car

silencer

Banned
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
dark traid traits are like rims on a car. you can't slap rims on any car and make the car look good.

guys thinking that women are turned on JUST by dark triad personality traits is like thinking that people are attracted to cars JUST because of the rims on the car
^^^Exactly^^^

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
People take the alpha/beta concept too literally.

We don't function like, say, a pride of lions where one male lion is the leader.

We operate in a much more complex environment.

1.) I could have the ability to have sex with several hot chicks but not be able to fight my way out of a wet paper bag.

2.) I could struggle to have sex with average women but kick the a--es of most men I encounter.

As men we tend to have a biased opinion about who we consider alpha/beta and at times become confused when we see a seemingly hot chick with a guy we'd consider an absolute pu--y.

Women are very pragmatic about the men they involve in their lives. They have a limited SMV just like men and will leverage as much as they can in any relationship they're in.

The 3 main attributes they care about are status, physical attractiveness, and money. These things are almost never distributed equally in any one person so there are always trade offs.

You could be the most confident, bad a-- dude on the planet but if you don't have any of the main 3 in a significant amount it won't matter. Different women are willing to compromise to varying degrees in all of these categories because they HAVE to.

MAYALL

Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems that most people here have no idea what an alpha really is. They think tons of alphas are going around having sex with tons of women. They think it's just about having sex with a bunch of women. They think it's about putting on a fake persona to act "bad". Anybody can fake acting like an assh0le, that doesn't make you a bad boy. That's what these posters seem to think alphas are, it's obvious they simply do not understand the term.

Poon King said:
Because those women were smart enough to realize at a YOUNG age that no alpha would ever commit to them or relate to them beyond a sex toy. Some women are just less ambitious.:crackup:

These are the smart women who live in REALITY from a young age.
Many alphas have committed to women. Being an alpha doesn't mean just having sex with women. Betas can do that to. Learn what being an alpha really is since you have no concept of the term.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, "alpha" and "bad boy" do not have the same meaning. To confuse things more, it seems a lot of guys here use the terms interchangeably.

An alpha is the dominant male (a position, not a mindset. If alpha was a mindset, every guy who was faking it would be an alpha).

A bad boy is just a douche.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
MAYALL said:
It seems that most people here have no idea what an alpha really is. They think tons of alphas are going around having sex with tons of women. They think it's just about having sex with a bunch of women. They think it's about putting on a fake persona to act "bad". Anybody can fake acting like an assh0le, that doesn't make you a bad boy. That's what these posters seem to think alphas are, it's obvious they simply do not understand the term.

Many alphas have committed to women. Being an alpha doesn't mean just having sex with women. Betas can do that to. Learn what being an alpha really is since you have no concept of the term.
Who made you the authority on what it means to be alpha? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

You don't know sh!t about sh!t. If you have something insightful, intelligent or interesting to post then post it. Otherwise stfu.

MAYALL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
Who made you the authority on what it means to be alpha? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

You don't know sh!t about sh!t. If you have something insightful, intelligent or interesting to post then post it. Otherwise stfu.
What a crap post. If you knew anything about the term alpha, you would be able to discuss it. Obviously you have no concept of what it means to be alpha. Which is why you chose to post this. I've read 3 posts of yours today with nothing insightful, intelligent or interesting.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
MAYALL said:
What a crap post. If you knew anything about the term alpha, you would be able to discuss it. Obviously you have no concept of what it means to be alpha. Which is why you chose to post this. I've read 3 posts of yours today with nothing insightful, intelligent or interesting.
I have discussed alpha in detail many times. Go back and read my old posts retard. :crackup:

MAYALL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
I have discussed alpha in detail many times. Go back and read my old posts retard. :crackup:
I've read some of what you wrote, you have no concept of the term alpha. It has nothing to do with just having sex with women like you believe. Even betas can get laid claiming to be "alpha".

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
MAYALL said:
I've read some of what you wrote, you have no concept of the term alpha. It has nothing to do with just having sex with women like you believe. Even betas can get laid claiming to be "alpha".
You have read NONE of my posts on what it means to be "alpha" if you believe my definition is having sex with lots of women.

Stop being a lazy sh!t and go back and read my posts. You can either read my older posts or just admit you have lost this argument and made a complete jackass out of yourself.

Are you smart enough to feel stupid? :crackup:

MAYALL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
You have read NONE of my posts on what it means to be "alpha" if you believe my definition is having sex with lots of women.

Stop being a lazy sh!t and go back and read my posts. You can either read my older posts or just admit you have lost this argument and made a complete jackass out of yourself.

Are you smart enough to feel stupid? :crackup:
You're looking stupid in this thread with your bad boy claims, nothing you have said even comes close to what an alpha is. You think Bill Gates is a beta. You have no concept of what an alpha is.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
MAYALL said:
You're looking stupid in this thread with your bad boy claims, nothing you have said even comes close to what an alpha is. You think Bill Gates is a beta. You have no concept of what an alpha is.
Bill Gates IS indeed a beta and so are you.

If you think being rich means being alpha then you're even more clueless than I thought.

You have some reading to do. And I want examples. Show specific examples of incorrect things I said. Quotes.

Examples or STFU for good.

MAYALL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
No, you're the beta. Posters in this thread are calling you a KJ and it's very clear that you are. Bill Gates is more alpha than you are.

Poon King said:
If you think being rich means being alpha then you're even more clueless than I thought.
I don't think being rich is alpha. Where did you get that from?

Poon King said:
You have some reading to do. And I want examples. Show specific examples of incorrect things I said. Quotes.
Poon King said:
Bill Gates IS indeed a beta
For starters let's start with this. Tell us why you feel Bill Gates is a beta.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:

Agreed I've come to the conclusion that the guys who look at the "Alpha" and "Beta" thing as black and white have a limited experience of women or the field.

There is more than one way to skin a cat

peace

weaponx

Banned
Reaction score
Poon King said:

Examples or STFU for good.
You are an angry KJ just like the rest of the MGTOW fools. Failures who pretend to be "alpha" online. Pathetic.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omg lol who is the main account of weaponx I wonder...also wtf is a KJ?

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
MAYALL said:
For starters let's start with this. Tell us why you feel Bill Gates is a beta.
A better question is why do you think he is an alpha?

He got married for starters. That is what you call "beta submission". And the more money you have the more idiotic getting married becomes.

Bill Gates is a nerd that got rich. I'll give him credit for having a passion and purpose in life outside of women. That is indeed an alpha quality. However, he still got married. So not an alpha.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
Women really aren't all that ****ing hard to understand. You guys are making this **** much more complex than it has to be.

Women, who are 15, 25, 35 or 45 years old, for the most part, want to be entertained. At 16, a guy who rides a bike and has tats and smokes is entertaining.

You make a girl laugh and put a smile on her face, and she will be putty in your hand.

Money / Looks helps, it really does trust me lol, but what you guys are calling bad boy whatever **** is just guys being entertainment for women.

Become an entertaining person. Doesnt' mean you have to smoke weed and rob liquor stores, but be entertaining.
I second this.

...And stop living by titles!

Status
Not open for further replies.