Dating apps and data harvesting

SummerTime

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am involved in app development and I know apps steal as much data as they can from users.

Dating apps are like a data brokers wet dream. They have peoples most intimate data; and no one will ever read the Terms Of Service.

I have never used dating apps. Am I missing out?

I don't want my personal data harvested, but maybe there are good women there?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, you're not missing out. Dating apps are mainly for people who either never meet any attractive women or as an alternative for approaching in person. Quality women will rarely go online dating, most of them are into hookups to relieve the boredom of their relationships. Ethical Non-Monogamy (ENM) is the name of the game, most of them lie about their age and weight (Curvy is Obese).

Most dating apps are past their prime, the pickings are meagre, and the goal of dating apps is not to match you with someone, but to give you hope and get you to buy a subscription. Many have become useless (OKC, Tinder) and overburdened with scammers and OnlyFans sex workers trying to get you to their pages.

It's a business model, not a charity.

Part of its business is data harvesting and selling, the other part is getting hopeful men to spend money. It's a waste of time and money (if you buy a subscription) and only useful if you're looking for something that is invisible (like a dating app for certain religions or sexual orientations). I briefly used Tinder, OKC, Bumble for finding kinky women who enjoy shibari and I was moderately successful, but if you have the ability to meet women in person, OLD is just a bonus.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, you're not missing out. Dating apps are mainly for people who either never meet any attractive women or as an alternative for approaching in person. Quality women will rarely go online dating, most of them are into hookups to relieve the boredom of their relationships. Ethical Non-Monogamy (ENM) is the name of the game, most of them lie about their age and weight (Curvy is Obese).

Most dating apps are past their prime, the pickings are meagre, and the goal of dating apps is not to match you with someone, but to give you hope and get you to buy a subscription. Many have become useless (OKC, Tinder) and overburdened with scammers and OnlyFans sex workers trying to get you to their pages.

Part of its business is data harvesting and selling, the other part is getting hopeful men to spend money. It's a waste of time and money (if you buy a subscription) and only useful if you're looking for something that is invisible (like a dating app for certain religions or sexual orientations). I briefly used Tinder, OKC, Bumble for finding kinky women who enjoy shibari and I was moderately successful, but if you have the ability to meet women in person, OLD is just a bonus.
Disagree. Tinder (at least before Covid) was fantastic. An absolute game changer. T:ts on Tap. Simply spectacular.

SummerTime

Don Juan
Reaction score

Thanks for the info!

>Quality women will rarely go online dating
I hope this is true

There was another guy on here that said he needs to put "100+ hours of work into the app" to get a woman into bed.
I really appreciated that honestly. Imagne if you put 100 hours into street approaches.

I know average women get 500 messages on each platform, and then have to choose between 500 men, some of whom are scammers or don't exist.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree. Tinder (at least before Covid) was fantastic. An absolute game changer. T:ts on Tap. Simply spectacular.
Before Covid, everything was better. However, I believe @SummerTime is talking about dating apps now.
Right now, half your matches are AI chatbots, the others are equal part scammers, bimbos and gold diggers (who will take any amount, really).
Lin Fang (Tinder).jpg
One of the ubiquitous 'Asian' chatbots. Listens to Lin Fang, Emily Wang, and Jane Fong. She'll gradually spice up the chat until you say anything remotely sexual and she'll act offended and shuts you down. Only to match you again with the same photo and a different name.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

>Quality women will rarely go online dating
I hope this is true

There was another guy on here that said he needs to put "100+ hours of work into the app" to get a woman into bed.
I really appreciated that honestly. Imagne if you put 100 hours into street approaches.

I know average women get 500 messages on each platform, and then have to choose between 500 men, some of whom are scammers or don't exist.
He either needs to become far better at messaging, getting women to meet up or has terrible pics.

If I put 100 hours of work into dating apps I would fvck at least 10-15 women easily, probably more depending on what he is including in that 100 hours.

And plenty of people put far more time into day game than that and don't even get a single number let alone a date or a lay.

Hilarious people take the worst case scenario and act like that's how it is for everyone.

Trust me it isn't.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am involved in app development and I know apps steal as much data as they can from users.

Dating apps are like a data brokers wet dream. They have peoples most intimate data; and no one will ever read the Terms Of Service.

Dating apps suck but are great if you know how to market yourself well and if you're looking to bust a slump or have quick hookups. If you're looking for an "LTR" you will be frustrated as most women in OLD are not LTR material(even the real pretty ones have issues of some sort). Most women in OLD are socially awkward,uncouth, the older ones tend to be very judgemental (even though they ain't got shyt going in their own lives), shallow, jaded and even mean-spirited at times. Don't get me started on the former 40+ party girls who still think they are 21 and are insufferable. IMO even bedding them isn't worth the hassle cause some of them are just vapid and disgusting. They may look good on the outside but inside are terribly broken women who still are under the delusion that they deserve a top tier guy.

I find that with dating apps the one good thing is you can vet a large amounts of women rapidly. Most women just don't qualify, however it's easy to fall in the trap of poozy. So you have to know what you want out of it, it's easier to get a hookup from OLD but a healthy relationship is like pulling nails. Personally, I Found that women I met in person tend to be far better quality (not just in looks but also personality) than those dating online. In my experience, a lot of women who I have met in person wouldn't have given me a shot in OLD.

ciated that honestly. Imagne if you put 100 hours into street approaches.
This is the main issue, you have women being bombarded by hundreds if not thousands of messages. I remember I started talking to a woman in 2020 on Bumble she was a local "Dating" podcast chick, blond chick. I forgot her name, anyway long story short she flaked on our date. Fast forward 2021. I had lost a little weight and was drinking having a good old time at a lounge with my friends. The blonde approached me witha big smile and didn't recognize me. I brought it up that we had talked before via OLD and she flaked etc. Long story short she scurried away and nothing happened. Could I have gone on a date with her? sure but that's not the point, the point is in person her energy was completely different than the one word or dry answers she was giving me via text. Also the main point is she probably was talking to so many dudes that's why less than a year later she didn't know who I was or remembered.

I once had a recent plate show me her inbox it was over 350 messages and she wasn't all that. You'd be shocked how many good-looking guys sent D pics right away or have no text game whatosever but those guys look like models. IMO OLD is about how much time /effort and what are you willing to deal with. Once you realize that you take it from there

Last edited:

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before Covid, everything was better. However, I believe @SummerTime is talking about dating apps now.
Right now, half your matches are AI chatbots, the others are equal part scammers, bimbos and gold diggers (who will take any amount, really).
View attachment 12949
One of the ubiquitous 'Asian' chatbots. Listens to Lin Fang, Emily Wang, and Jane Fong. She'll gradually spice up the chat until you say anything remotely sexual and she'll act offended and shuts you down. Only to match you again with the same photo and a different name.
2019 I was eating lovely of Hinge and Bumble easily not to sound like a braggart but I was double booking dates on the same day. I can't remember the last time I did that. Tinder after covid was trash, yes you could/can still hook up but the effort that I had to put in was rididclous. I've been banned of Tinder now for a year no clue why but it's all good

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, you're not.
Nope, there aren't.

Elaborating:

It is the weak man's way out. And it does not pay off.

Instead of working on your profile. Work on yourself.

I'm bangin' far more chicks now that I'm out of all that - including Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat - than I ever was.

All this shlt is noise, trying to grab your attention, and your money.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What information could they be mining from my OLD profile that's so valuable? What's an example?

I am convinced this paranoid obsession with data privacy is unwarranted and is a rooted in fear-mongering campaigns to create an artificial demand for nefarious VPNs (which are the true data harvesters). I think we giving these organizations god-like status by assuming they're some sort of nefarious technomancing wizards. In reality, they scrap together feeble bits of information that don't amount to anything useful. I'd love to see one of these data/advertising brokers "profiles" on me, I bet it's laughable.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What information could they be mining from my OLD profile that's so valuable? What's an example?

I am convinced this paranoid obsession with data privacy is unwarranted and is a rooted in fear-mongering campaigns to create an artificial demand for nefarious VPNs (which are the true data harvesters). I think we giving these organizations god-like status by assuming they're some sort of nefarious technomancing wizards. In reality, they scrap together feeble bits of information that don't amount to anything useful. I'd love to see one of these data/advertising brokers "profiles" on me, I bet it's laughable.
They have access to the conversations you have with women, they have access to your contacts, microphone and camera. They could listen in on your phone even when you're not using it! Now why would dating apps need access to your contacts, microphone and camera? even after you stop using the apps they still have access. So imagine all the dirty pics you taken for women or have taken of women, they have access to that. Along with any other sensitive text messages, contacts that may be business-related, sensitive(i.e. you have government job) or worse. If more people knew what data apps have access too they would stop using social media period. This is why Edward Snowden tried to ring the almarm 14 or so years ago and guess what, most of the American public didn't give AF.

You say Solo this is wild, but have you ever talked about wanting to buy something out loud and next thing you know you see an amazon ad with the same thing you were talking outloud about on your browser as your scrolling through a different website? It certainly has happened a lot to me

I remember several years ago reading tibits of Mark Zuckerberg being sued by a former Facebook exec. They were showing text messages/emails of Zuckerberg calling the American public stupid for trusting some random college kid with their credit card and personal infromation. This is the same guy who probably runs the biggest data mining apps today (Facebook, IG, whatsapp etc). People wonder how does Facebook make money it's through their ads right? yes but they make FAR more money on the data they sell. Everything is monitored and watched

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They have access to the conversations you have with women, they have access to your contacts, microphone and camera. They could listen in on your phone even when you're not using it! Now why would dating apps need access to your contacts, microphone and camera? even after you stop using the apps they still have access. So imagine all the dirty pics you taken for women or have taken of women, they have access to that. Along with any other sensitive text messages, contacts that may be business-related, sensitive(i.e. you have government job) or worse. If more people knew what data apps have access too they would stop using social media period. This is why Edward Snowden tried to ring the almarm 14 or so years ago and guess what, most of the American public didn't give AF.

You say Solo this is wild, but have you ever talked about wanting to buy something out loud and next thing you know you see an amazon ad with the same thing you were talking outloud about on your browser as your scrolling through a different website? It certainly has happened a lot to me

I remember several years ago reading tibits of Mark Zuckerberg being sued by a former Facebook exec. They were showing text messages/emails of Zuckerberg calling the American public stupid for trusting some random college kid with their credit card and personal infromation. This is the same guy who probably runs the biggest data mining apps today (Facebook, IG, whatsapp etc). People wonder how does Facebook make money it's through their ads right? yes but they make FAR more money on the data they sell. Everything is monitored and watched
Who is they? The big tech giants? What are they doing with this information other than targeted ads? Are they selling it to the government?

I don't really send much compromising stuff, certainly not dirty pics, and I just cannot think of any relevant or useful information that I'm giving out in texts, phone calls, etc that I would even care about the entire world knowing. To be clear, I'm not making the argument "if you have nothing to hide, why do you care?" I'm more saying, who cares, and why are we attributing god-status to these agencies? Is there any reason to believe there exist actual accurate databases of every individual in the country with highly private information? Even if that's true, which I doubt, what is that information ultimately used for other than selling ads? What could it be used for? Is our government remotely close to being competent enough to use it for nefarious purposes even if they wanted to?

I'm just trying to approach this with skepticism. I actually have deep knowledge about OpSec/data privacy/etc and I know what sort of privacy measures I'd need to do if I wanted to avoid, say, getting a subpoena sent to me for illlegal activities, but for the average person, I just don't think any of this matters.

All that said I do think having a phone in and of itself is a liability, and I am planning to completely ditch my phone in the near future, because it's almost impossible to remain anonymous or private with one, unlike computers. You can just emulate Android on bluestacks if you were so inclined.

SummerTime

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating apps suck but are great if you know how to market yourself well and if you're looking to bust a slump or have quick hookups. If you're looking for an "LTR" you will be frustrated as most women in OLD are not LTR material(even the real pretty ones have issues of some sort). Most women in OLD are socially awkward,uncouth, the older ones tend to be very judgemental (even though they ain't got shyt going in their own lives), shallow, jaded and even mean-spirited at times. Don't get me started on the former 40+ party girls who still think they are 21 and are insufferable. IMO even bedding them isn't worth the hassle cause some of them are just vapid and disgusting. They may look good on the outside but inside are terribly broken women who still are under the delusion that they deserve a top tier guy.

I find that with dating apps the one good thing is you can vet a large amounts of women rapidly. Most women just don't qualify, however it's easy to fall in the trap of poozy. So you have to know what you want out of it, it's easier to get a hookup from OLD but a healthy relationship is like pulling nails. Personally, I Found that women I met in person tend to be far better quality (not just in looks but also personality) than those dating online. In my experience, a lot of women who I have met in person wouldn't have given me a shot in OLD.

This is the main issue, you have women being bombarded by hundreds if not thousands of messages. I remember I started talking to a woman in 2020 on Bumble she was a local "Dating" podcast chick, blond chick. I forgot her name, anyway long story short she flaked on our date. Fast forward 2021. I had lost a little weight and was drinking having a good old time at a lounge with my friends. The blonde approached me witha big smile and didn't recognize me. I brought it up that we had talked before via OLD and she flaked etc. Long story short she scurried away and nothing happened. Could I have gone on a date with her? sure but that's not the point, the point is in person her energy was completely different than the one word or dry answers she was giving me via text. Also the main point is she probably was talking to so many dudes that's why less than a year later she didn't know who I was or remembered.

I once had a recent plate show me her inbox it was over 350 messages and she wasn't all that. You'd be shocked how many good-looking guys sent D pics right away or have no text game whatosever but those guys look like models. IMO OLD is about how much time /effort and what are you willing to deal with. Once you realize that you take it from there
great write up! a good read and great info.

SummerTime

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who is they? The big tech giants? What are they doing with this information other than targeted ads? Are they selling it to the government?

I don't really send much compromising stuff, certainly not dirty pics, and I just cannot think of any relevant or useful information that I'm giving out in texts, phone calls, etc that I would even care about the entire world knowing. To be clear, I'm not making the argument "if you have nothing to hide, why do you care?" I'm more saying, who cares, and why are we attributing god-status to these agencies? Is there any reason to believe there exist actual accurate databases of every individual in the country with highly private information? Even if that's true, which I doubt, what is that information ultimately used for other than selling ads? What could it be used for? Is our government remotely close to being competent enough to use it for nefarious purposes even if they wanted to?

I'm just trying to approach this with skepticism. I actually have deep knowledge about OpSec/data privacy/etc and I know what sort of privacy measures I'd need to do if I wanted to avoid, say, getting a subpoena sent to me for illlegal activities, but for the average person, I just don't think any of this matters.

All that said I do think having a phone in and of itself is a liability, and I am planning to completely ditch my phone in the near future, because it's almost impossible to remain anonymous or private with one, unlike computers. You can just emulate Android on bluestacks if you were so inclined.
Do you need your real name or ID to use dating apps? The ones who require payment must take a credit card.

One thing is: women will be pumping info into these apps like theres no tomorrow; I assume the apps have very detailed questionaires and keep on asking intimate questions - women would just answer EVERYTHING.

Use an alternative search engine to do a quick search about these hungry apps.

parabellum

Don Juan
Reaction score

I though either phone or computer was difficult?

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Below is a list of Data Facebook collects. I encourage you to do your own research as there is plenty information that's out there

data.png
Not only does Meta do this, but so do Google, Tinder, Instagram etc. You have to ask yourself what is the point of these big tech companies wanting all this info? what are they doing with it? how secure is this data? we just had a hack that got every american social security number exposed. Privacy for some people matters more than others

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Chinese hacked the dod database that has the info of every government worker, then they bought the grindr gay hookup app and merged the data so they could figure out who had a security clearance and was cheating on their wife. Then they targeted those individuals with extortion in order to gain our government's secrets. It was fvcking brilliant.