Dancing Thread

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only saw the preview for the movie Hitch, but I remember Will Smith telling the fat white guy to keep his elbows within six inches from his waist at all times. Is this a good tip for a beginner?

gimmeyofonenumba

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im completely different than all of you. honestly, i dunno why people reccomend usher or anything, do you guys actually dance like nsync when you're on the floor?with all thoose steps? how do you even have the room?

-I usually go to clubs playing electronic music, trance is such a sexy genre of music to dance with a chick to.

-I've made so many posts about dancing i should just copy and paste them...but heres what I do. As soon as i get in the club i put on a big smile stand real tall and start doing a worm like move with my hips. This is near impossible to do unless you have actually danced for a while, its like as you dance you unlock more control in your body.

-If im feeling the song I may just dance there with myself for a lil, eventually i'll either approach a chick thats by the bar. Now for a trance/dance/whatever you wanna call it club...its soooooo damn easy. The girls are usually taping their feet dying to get out there, especially if its a tiesto song or something. Start facing the girl, i usually grab her 2 hands and start doing some swing like kinda moves, spining her and stuff. Do everything with a smile, she'll laugh and loveit. Another thing i do is grab her hands and from a distance make a wave like motion to the tempo. Then grab her right arm and spin it over her head so now her ass is in your crotch, her hands are crossed across her belly. LEt go of her hands and just grind for a while.
-I have 10's of theese but am not saying anymore because it all consits of you just going to a club and watching other guys dance, or doing it urself. I noticed, at the hiphop clubs, the black guys usually suck! the cool ones just wyle out. Im not 1% italian, but i noticed the shiny italian lookin fvckers usually know their **** real good, I usually learned from watching them in a hiphop club.

nero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea if you are interested in popping/locking or any other funkstyle dances check out mrwigglesonline.com.

For liquid styles check out out reflective.com

There are lots and lots of dance sites...

Check out boogiezone.com also....

Me I am trying to learn to pop right now. It is really a hard thing for me to learn but mabye one day I will get it..

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have problems breakdancing in clubs due to broken glass all over the dancefloor - any sugegstions on how to overcome this?

I mean I can still uprock and body pop - but not bust any of my power moves. :(

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Q-Unit, the first thing you should be considering is why there is broken glass on the floor. Then if you want, bring some gloves with you to protect your hands.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by nero
Yea if you are interested in popping/locking or any other funkstyle dances check out mrwigglesonline.com.

For liquid styles check out out reflective.com

There are lots and lots of dance sites...

Check out boogiezone.com also....

Me I am trying to learn to pop right now. It is really a hard thing for me to learn but mabye one day I will get it..
DUDE, I WAS JUST GOING TO POST A LINK TO HIS SITE!!!!

Learn to float (moonwalking/silding). It's one of the easiest things to learn to do, but also one of the most impressive things to other pe ople. If you can float, there isn't a song you can't dance to

Once you learn how to Float, AND pop (I don't like Locking) then you are in

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
also learn certian types of dances... like the harlem shake is good for when ever a song comes on that is real "crunk". I have known how to crip walk since I was 11, but It's nice to do it every once in a while when something with the right beat comes on, like "how we do" by the Game... just make sure you are at the right place or you can really offend someone, but down here it's not a big deal.

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NYC Dude
Q-Unit, the first thing you should be considering is why there is broken glass on the floor. Then if you want, bring some gloves with you to protect your hands.
****ty English clubs full of drunken people who drop glasses after finishign their drink.

We have an alcohol problem in the UK...