Critique my looks

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think i am "okay" looking but want to improve..I want to be able to puI am about 5"9 160 started losing my hair at 20 so now i have to buzz it every day.Is there anything i can do to make myself more attractive to 8's and 9's?People tell me that i should smile more but i think i look better with a dark mysterious smirk rather than showing my teeth in the last photo..some people are just better off not smiling
http://s1356.photobucket.com/albums/q736/caliboy85/

ositosucio

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh wow son....oh my...hmm....ok...

jk......dude you look fine. My advice, stop thinking about girls....think about succeeding, money, getting ahead and the girls will follow.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You look fine dude. You've got a lot to work with.

For some reason you look best in pic #1.

Be yourself no matter what. Have strong boundaries. Then simply attract before you build comfort. And smiling is good in general. Being self-amused is good.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess i should stick with black..it blends in with my introverted/dark persona..I just need to bring it out more and stop trying to be the happy go lucky type outgoing person that people want me to be..

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lostsoul85 said:
I guess i should stick with black..it blends in with my introverted/dark persona..I just need to bring it out more and stop trying to be the happy go lucky type outgoing person that people want me to be..
Well yeah. You have to live within the framework of your personality.

But...you also have to be someone happy enough that people want to hang out with you.

Introverted and dark doesn't normally inspire a large following of women.

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lou, you look good my man.

Your personality type is perfect to give POSITIVE but COOL/CALM body language.

When something is funny, a worldly smile and light head nod works very well. Personally, my smile sucks ass, so I do this all the time.

5' 9", 160 lbs. sounds good... but regardless, invest in a weight bench and get that upper body rockin'! This will also boost your confidence 100%.

Speak with a slow, deliberate cadence. If your voice tends to be naturally high, consciously lower it an octave (nothing too ridiculous, and still within your normal range, but its a conscious decision).

See ya around....

The Gambler

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you're fine but what else do you have going on in your life? How old are you? Are you in school or working? What makes you a catch?

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lostsoul85 said:
People tell me that i should smile more but i think i look better with a dark mysterious smirk rather than showing my teeth in the last photo..some people are just better off not smiling
http://s1356.photobucket.com/albums/q736/caliboy85/
Completely false. Stop buying into "dark mysterious alpha" PUA bullsh1t. REAL social studies (aka, sociology) has concluded that smiling makes you more attractive.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the other posters about being more vibrant, talkative, and extrovert. It would match your looks really well. You give off the vibe of a guy who you could easily talk to, which is not a bad thing at all.

-Scars

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too skinny, looks more like 140lbs rather than 160. Dressed like a nice guy too. On the side note, I would bang your sister. She is sexy.

gspshields2

Banned
Reaction score
First, stop wearing golf shirts they make you look older than your age.

Second, you need to hit the gym.

I can benchpress 330 pounds and squat 450.

I curl 80 pound dumbbells.

Your goal is to outlift me.

You also need to gain about 40 pounds of muscle.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:
Completely false. Stop buying into "dark mysterious alpha" PUA bullsh1t. REAL social studies (aka, sociology) has concluded that smiling makes you more attractive.
I agree. You are deemed "creepy"by average moron girl if, besides not being good enough looking, you don't smile at all. Plenty of women use to like "dark mysterious" men, but women use to like men MUCH older than them and a lot of other things that are no longer fashionable for men. Nowdays, it's all about being an extravert, expressive and a pretty boy.

You are already introverted and not smiley much. The last thing you want to do is to try to hide any smiling or expressiveness. I believe your smiling pic would be most attractive to women.

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you start lifting do not do what many guys do which is focus on upper body only. You must also do serious leg workouts: squats, leg presses, leg curls. Having a huge chest and arm with twig legs looks silly, and women cannot help but be drawn to a massive pair of glutes.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
I agree. You are deemed "creepy"by average moron girl if, besides not being good enough looking, you don't smile at all. Plenty of women use to like "dark mysterious" men, but women use to like men MUCH older than them and a lot of other things that are no longer fashionable for men. Nowdays, it's all about being an extravert, expressive and a pretty boy.

You are already introverted and not smiley much. The last thing you want to do is to try to hide any smiling or expressiveness. I believe your smiling pic would be most attractive to women.
What do you mean besides not being good enough looking?

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
time to hit the gym bro, you dont look bad but you dont look very manly, you look like the average guy i see at work who sits at the desk all day, build up your body to give yourself a more manly and edgier appearance.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
So would you say i can pass as a 7 to women?no homo..and if i get buff i can turn into a 8?

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lostsoul85 said:
So would you say i can pass as a 7 to women?no homo..and if i get buff i can turn into a 8?
Anybody ever watch those movies or sitcoms where the same actor/actress played two different parts? One character they play is always nerdy and homely, while the other is smooooth and suave.... Mind you, this is the same person playing both parts, and both parts were filmed during the same time period. All they did to play both parts was change their look (clothing, hair, etc.) and the way they were acting.

I think you need to work out (I'm gonna go do that now myself after typing this), but also consider the other changes too. Tweak the wardrobe and the way you communicate... A few key adjustments will go a long way.

The Gambler

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lostsoul85 said:
What do you mean besides not being good enough looking?
I mean "creepy" really just means a guy who is not good looking enough/too old who hits on a girl. But Also a guy could be borderline good enough looking, and if he has bad nonverbals and body language-doesn't ever smile for example this is also labeled creepy by girls.

I'm saying creepy is just looks and appearance. I'm not saying you're not good looking enough. But say a guy with average to below average looks cold approaches a girl and never smiles during the interaction, the girl instead of thinking he is dark and mysterious (which isn't really an advantage over not being seen that way anyway) would more likely think he is not happy, suspicious or creepy.

Dark and mysterious is not a persona you want to put on. Either you are attractive enough to the girl or your not and "dark and mysterious", is really just a girls rationalization of why she's attracted to someone who is not extraverted or expressive as average.

the Gambler said:
Anybody ever watch those movies or sitcoms where the same actor/actress played two different parts? One character they play is always nerdy and homely, while the other is smooooth and suave.... Mind you, this is the same person playing both parts, and both parts were filmed during the same time period. All they did to play both parts was change their look (clothing, hair, etc.) and the way they were acting.

I think you need to work out (I'm gonna go do that now myself after typing this), but also consider the other changes too. Tweak the wardrobe and the way you communicate... A few key adjustments will go a long way.
I've been think along these lines for years now, that attraction and pick up is mostly about appearance and is a lot like good acting or being an actor. Like you said the same actor with the same fundamental looks can convincingly alter how you perceive him with primarily changing facial expressions and body language, and to a lesser extentvoice tone and words and apparel.

Now imagine how much of a factor the fundamental looks of the person is a variable on top of that. Things like game, personality, confidence, inner game etc vs looks are meaningless. They are all perceived through appearance. Regardless of anything else your appearance does all the "talking"and attracting.

sighsigh

Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:
Actually, this isn't the case at all for men. For women, smiling does increase their attractiveness. For men, it decreases it.

A recent UBC study found this. Just google it. I remember it being all over the papers when it came out. Here's an article reporting on it. http://www.health.am/sex/more/smiling-women-seen-as-sexy/

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sighsigh said:
Actually, this isn't the case at all for men. For women, smiling does increase their attractiveness. For men, it decreases it.

A recent UBC study found this. Just google it. I remember it being all over the papers when it came out. Here's an article reporting on it. http://www.health.am/sex/more/smiling-women-seen-as-sexy/
That study is either flawed or pics of non-smiling, brooding men being rated more attractive does not apply to waht women find attractive in real life. For one thing the study participants were 52% Asian.

Post a pic on Hot or Not or other rating sites of you smiling and one with you straight faced and I'll bet the smiling pic gets a higher rating.

Most women do not like never-smiling, dark, brooding men. I don't know of any men like that who attract women, unless he is otherwise exceptionally good looking. I know lots of men that smile a lot and are out going who attract women.