Crest Whitestrips

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with crest whitestrips? they really do a good job, besides the tooth sensivity, and gross taste, IVe used them 3 times in 3 years, i notice they get continually harder on my teeth(sensitivity-wise). It says whitens teeth for 6 months? do you think their is a maximum amount of times you can use them before damaging your teeth? Can i use it every 6 months?

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I would recommend visiting your dentist for whitening...I'm told the stuff your dentist has is much more powerful, and thus, longer lasting than OTC stuff...my teeth feel sensitive, too...
$20+ for Creststrips for SORTA OKAY whitening , effects last about a year.

$200+ for Standard dentist whitening for GOOD whitening, effects last for 3-5 years.

You get what you pay for.

Reaction score
I heard from my obsessive hippie/health freek aunt that those strips are bad for your teeth by melting some of the layer which is why it looks white and that healthy natural teeth should be have a slight yellow tone to it. Is this true? if it isn't harmless I plan to get my dentist actually do the thing for me.

Themj2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive tried the strips, butmy teeth were too sensetive for me to keep going. So I just brush with whitening tooth paste. Arm & Hammer I believe. Ive noticed some change. Plus you habits dictate the change too. If you smoke or drink coffee you teeth will prob not change from just toth paste.

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've used crest whitening strips.. They work great! My teeth are only sensitive for a few days and then I'm enjoying my white teeth. If I could afford it though, I'd have them done by a dentist, since they can do a much nicer job!

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My backround includes a lot of experience with the dental profession.

On having white teeth:

Aside from veneers or other cosmetic dentistry, there are two categories of ways to whiten your teeth. One is with powerful whitening agents from your dentist. The other is with less powerful, but more convenient over-the-counter solutions.

For around $200, go to your dentist and have them make bleaching trays for you. They should last many years. Then your dentist will give you some tubes of whitening agent. They look like the stuff in the link BIBLE BELT posted. They are very powerful, and require few applications, but they may make your teeth very sensitive temporarily. You should only need to use these 1-2 times a year.

Now, in between, use things like Listerine whitening, toothpastes that whiten, and (maybe once a quarter) whitening strips to MAINTAIN your whiteness. This will make it so you don't need to use the powerful whitening agents more than once or twice a year. I think a lot of people underestimate how much white teeth enhance your appearance and sex appeal. It's easy to do, and separates you from the crowd.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah just say "I'd like like to make an appointment to have some bleaching trays made." Also ask how much it costs so you aren't shocked when the bill arrives. You'll have to pay for it out of pocket.