Creatine, What do you think of it?

RyanC

Reaction score
Alright, i have a question, right now im taking just protien and a nitric oxide booster, is creatine a must? i hear alot of people talking about it, i just not sure about it. Can anyone help me out?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RyanC said:
Alright, i have a question, right now im taking just protien and a nitric oxide booster, is creatine a must? i hear alot of people talking about it, i just not sure about it. Can anyone help me out?
no creatine is far from a must-have, and stop spending money on NO products.

basic supplements list for health: (an unhealthy body will not grow)
- multivitamin/mineral pack (best you can afford)
- vitamin c
- fish oil
- antioxidants (green/white tea is good)

for bodybuilding: (excluding whey)
- b-vitamins (b complex or seperate b-vitamins) or liver tabs
- calcium
- zinc+magnesium, valerian root etc if you have trouble sleeping

once these are coming in you can think about creatine and NO supplementation. otherwise you'd be wasting money and not getting the most out of your supplements, if you'd get anything at all

RyanC

Reaction score
Alright, and what do you think of my workout combo?
Mondays: Back/Bi's

Wednesday: Traps/Shoulders/Tri's

Fridays: Abs/legs

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RyanC said:
Alright, and what do you think of my workout combo?
Mondays: Back/Bi's

Wednesday: Traps/Shoulders/Tri's

Fridays: Abs/legs
do you mean chest instead of traps? if so it looks good.

RyanC

Reaction score
yeah chest instead, was in a rush to get to work so i wasnt paying much attention.

Cronus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most NO products have creatine in them.

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
- food = get huge

- ZMA is pointless for most people

- NO products haven't been proven to do anything aside from giving you a better bump

- creatine increases the amount of energy you have available, which is a proven fact, which by extension helps you lift more, and strength = potential for hypertrophy

- creatine is also the cheapest supplement in the world per serving. I don't see why you WOULDNT take it

- that said supplements won't do jack if your diet isn't where it should be

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ZMA only really helps if you're deficient in either Zinc or Magnesium. It's also affected by the amount of calcium you have at the time. Even then it's questionable whether it does anything. For some people it helps them get a deeper sleep, which leads to better HGH/test production, which you would think would cause more hypertrophy, but ultimately I've yet to hear one legit success story at the gym or in front of the mirror thanks to ZMA. Same goes for NO products. Waste of money IMO unless you're rich - you'd be better off buying some antioxidants.

Also found in the "Supplements which have no proof of beneficial effects and are therefore not to be provided to official AIS programs" section: http://www.ais.org.au/nutrition/SupClassification.asp

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
md3sign said:
For some people it helps them get a deeper sleep
That is the whole point of my post, and that's enough for me to recommend people to try it. When I had a bad sleeping phase and didn't have GABA around I'd take zinc and magnesium with b6 (the ZMA formula) and slept wonderfully. It may or may not work for you, but there's enough people who sleep well on it for me to suggest it for anyone who's having trouble at night.

edit: GABA would be my first choice as a sleeping aid but that's illegal here in the UK.. dunno about the states. I think it's okay over there.