Creatine Ethyl Ester/Taurine

gkmantis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am about to order some more protein powder and I want to try Creatine Ethyl Ester and Taurine. Are there any specific brands that you would recommend? I've looked around some and this seems to be a popular and well-reviewed brand of CEE: http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=1533. I have no clue what a good brand of Taurine would be (I'd prefer to get it from Bulk Nutrition though). I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have.

Thanks

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gkmantis said:
Hey guys,

I am about to order some more protein powder and I want to try Creatine Ethyl Ester and Taurine. Are there any specific brands that you would recommend? I've looked around some and this seems to be a popular and well-reviewed brand of CEE: http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=1533. I have no clue what a good brand of Taurine would be (I'd prefer to get it from Bulk Nutrition though). I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have.

Thanks

Buy any brand in bulk powder form and wash it down with something flavored (it doesn't mix much). None of this pill form nonsense.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol i'd get the pills

gkmantis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any other suggestions? Specific brands? Pill or powder form?

Thanks

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to ruckus, pills are stupid for creatine, it totally destroys the point of buying ethyl ester instead of monohydrate. Anyhow I little tip that will save you creatine and be more effective:

1. Scoop a teaspoon of cretine
2. Shove it into your mouth
3. Wash it down with water
4. Have a juice not containing citrous acid (no oj --- try apple..cranberry)

This will save you creatine and the juice will spike your insulin which you can imagine as a completly healthy and fast highway to your muscles for the creatine. This really helps, especially if you cycle for whatever reason.

Kash

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heart Break Kid said:
Listen to ruckus, pills are stupid for creatine, it totally destroys the point of buying ethyl ester instead of monohydrate. Anyhow I little tip that will save you creatine and be more effective:

1. Scoop a teaspoon of cretine
2. Shove it into your mouth
3. Wash it down with water
4. Have a juice not containing citrous acid (no oj --- try apple..cranberry)

This will save you creatine and the juice will spike your insulin which you can imagine as a completly healthy and fast highway to your muscles for the creatine. This really helps, especially if you cycle for whatever reason.

Kash
There's no need to include carbs with CEE however I do agree that juices can take the edge off its taste.

And honestly, pills vs powder really has very little difference as far as absorption is concerned, powder will have a SLIGHTLY quickly absorption but over time you won't tell the difference. Powder will be cheaper too of course.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Powder is indeed slightly better at absorbation but you hit it right on the spot with price. If he's going to try something new it shouldn't cost that much. The reason I reccomended juice was the sugar from the juice (as long as no strong acids are present) will help with the creatine absorbation speed due to the insulin spike. I'm not sure however if this can be done with household sugar or just fruit sugars so I'd advise sticking with juice. This has to be good juice though, hopefully freshly prepared or at least a good brand. Plus the water from it won't hurt when ingesting creatine.

gkmantis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.

I picked up Bulk Nutrition CEE and Taurine, both in powder form. I was wondering what dosage you recommend taking and when the best time to take it is?

Thanks

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Or you could just buy tasty creatine and be done with it. I use GreenMag (sour apple flavor and very delicious by the way) by Controlled Labs and Purple Wraath (BCAAs). I suggest you try before you buy. You can get free samples here and they arrive in a few days: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=939338

Maintenance dose for creatine is ~5g/day. There's no reason to "load" it like some people do. I only take it on workout days, right after my workout.

gkmantis

Don Juan
Reaction score
From searching around the web, I've found that 2g pre and 2g post workout of CEE seems to be a good amount to intake. The container says 1/4 teaspoon = 860mg. So that means 1/2 teaspoon = 1.72g. If I take a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of CEE, that will be close to 2g, correct?

Also, I have not been able to find a recommended dosage for Taurine, so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how much to take and when to take it?

Thanks