Creatine and Acne

Mizzou-Rah

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been lifting for the past few months after a 2 month break, and I was thinking about starting up on some creatine to help the process. However, I just finished up a 6 month Accutane cycle in December, and I am scared I will start breaking out again. Has anyone out there with acne-prone skin used Creatine? How were your results (acne-wise and muscle-wise)? I might sound a little paranoid, but I have enjoyed an acne-free face for the past few months now and do not want to risk losing it for anything.

Enduro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine is not a steroid! It will not cause acne.

teedo

Don Juan
Reaction score
i used to get acne after working out, but it was just because i would start to sweat during it. i started showering after working out, and now its fine.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by teedo
i started showering after working out, and now its fine.
Showering after working out!? What a weird concept ;)

Sethantes

Reaction score
I used creatine when it was new to the general public back in highschool when my skin was quite acne prone and I use it now when I still have to take precautions to keep my acne in check. I have never had any problems with creatine causing acne. I have heard people who have felt that it did increase their acne but personally I have noticed no negative effects in regards to acne when using creatine.

badboyslayer

Reaction score
There is no evidence to suggest creatine causes acne.. but among my lifting buddies we have noticed that dextrose commonly used with creatine does cause minor breakouts.

If you're still worried check out doxycycline hcl, its not as strong as accutane but has been working for me