Cowardly friends?

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got this friend who is afraid to approach women and seriously no matter how hard you try, he'll still ***** out. Like yesterday at a track meet me and my other friends were trying to get this dude to approach some girls, he kept making excuses. I then go up to a girl and say "Hey, how's it going?" to show him how easy it was and he still wouldn't go. So basically, we walk around for hours looking for girls for him to approach, but when we run into a girl, he pussies out. Dude, funny crap man, so me and this other friend are rolling with this dude and we tell him to go talk to this one girl. He pussies out AGAIN, so I go up to the girl and say "Hey, my friend Ike wants to talk to you". And she's say "Okay". HE STILL PUSSIES OUT and the girl says "Okay well I'll be over here". He just makes excuses man, "I don't know what to say", "She's not my type", "I'll approach a girl after this happens..." "I'll approach a girl after that happens..." "This a track meet man, we shouldn't be concentrating on approaching girls" in the end, he didn't approach anyone. Apparently he got these two girls phone numbers, but if he did, that's only because he was rolling with my other friend. He says "Why are you guys putting so much pressure on me?" Pressure? We're asking you to approach a girl man. Somehow I knew from the beginning of the meet this dude wasn't going to approach anyone. I think this dude is hopeless, he always says he's going to "prove me wrong", but no matter how hard I try to help this dude, he just won't approach. My other friends even try to help him approach and he just can't do it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacDiddy said:
...If you don't like it, get new friends..
:yes: Couldn't be simpler than getting to know people who are more in your league.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not that he's not a cool dude, he just can't approiach girls. Besides, all my other friends CAN approach girls, one of them even has a girlfriend.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont see what him approaching or not approaching has to do with you

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skel said:
I dont see what him approaching or not approaching has to do with you
I'm his friend and I'm trying to help him out. He WANTS to approach girls but he just does not have the balls to do it. It's funny how afraid he is at just going up to a women and saying "Hey, how's it going?". I told him if he just approached ONE girl, I'd leave him alone about it, but he couldn't even do that. I myself approached 3 girls at that meet, sure they didn't all go great, but atleast I had the balls to do it. I honestly don't see why it is so hard for him to approach girls. I mean it's not even funny how afraid this dude is, it's just plain sad.

J. J. Flash

Reaction score
ElStud, your friend might have something called Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as Social Phobia. This disorder causes the person to experience anxiety or even panic attacks when put in certain social situations. Take a look at those links:

http://www.socialanxietyinstitute.org/define.html
http://www.socialphobia.org/whatis.html#whatis1

If you decide to show your friend those links, take care on not hurting his feelings - if he has social phobia, he will probably be VERY embarrassed to admit it.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
I'm his friend and I'm trying to help him out. He WANTS to approach girls but he just does not have the balls to do it. It's funny how afraid he is at just going up to a women and saying "Hey, how's it going?". I told him if he just approached ONE girl, I'd leave him alone about it, but he couldn't even do that. I myself approached 3 girls at that meet, sure they didn't all go great, but atleast I had the balls to do it. I honestly don't see why it is so hard for him to approach girls. I mean it's not even funny how afraid this dude is, it's just plain sad.
Why are you being such a ****? You are only doing this because you LIKE seeing him fail. You LIKE that he can't do what you do so "easily" and therefore, you keep pushing him to do something he can't do at this stage in his life. Sure, say you're "helping" him to yourself all you want but deep down you just want to feel good about it. I could sense your happiness about this through your original post man.

Be a better friend and help him when he comes to you for support...don't give it when people odn't need it. Also, get your life straight first before helping others. As the saying goes:

"Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own step is unclean."

Also, don't say the following in your response...because it's all bullsh1t:

1) I already have my life in order (no you don't...why are you here then?)
2) He asks for help (clearly he said you are pressuring him)

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Potbelly said:
Why are you being such a ****? You are only doing this because you LIKE seeing him fail. You LIKE that he can't do what you do so "easily" and therefore, you keep pushing him to do something he can't do at this stage in his life. Sure, say you're "helping" him to yourself all you want but deep down you just want to feel good about it. I could sense your happiness about this through your original post man.

Be a better friend and help him when he comes to you for support...don't give it when people odn't need it. Also, get your life straight first before helping others. As the saying goes:

"Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own step is unclean."

Also, don't say the following in your response...because it's all bullsh1t:

1) I already have my life in order (no you don't...why are you here then?)
2) He asks for help (clearly he said you are pressuring him)
No, he didn't ask for help, but he clearly wanted to approach girls, so we tried to help him. If he would've just admitted he didn't have the balls to do it, we would've just left him alone. But he kept saying stuff like "No, I'm not scared" or "I'll prove you wrong" when we said he couldn't do it. I just wanted to see if he could really do it, but he couldn't. Even if he went up to a girl said "Hey, how's it going?" she said "Good" and nothing else happened, he would've atleast had the balls to do it.

I'm not even going to reply to that life in order thing because you would not know whether or not I have my life in order. Take those personal attacks elsewhere.

Notice I said "we", so it wasn't only me trying to help him it was my other friends too, which was like 5 or 6 guys.

Reaction score
Heres a thought, let him no about this site and all that it has on the subject. Hes prolly just scared cuz its untravelled territiory for him.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
No, he didn't ask for help, but he clearly wanted to approach girls, so we tried to help him. If he would've just admitted he didn't have the balls to do it, we would've just left him alone. But he kept saying stuff like "No, I'm not scared" or "I'll prove you wrong" when we said he couldn't do it. I just wanted to see if he could really do it, but he couldn't. Even if he went up to a girl said "Hey, how's it going?" she said "Good" and nothing else happened, he would've atleast had the balls to do it.

I'm not even going to reply to that life in order thing because you would not know whether or not I have my life in order. Take those personal attacks elsewhere.

Notice I said "we", so it wasn't only me trying to help him it was my other friends too, which was like 5 or 6 guys.
1. That first part of your post just confirms what my post said about you liking it and wanting to see him fail because you knew you would. Why is it your business that he can/can't do something? Who cares if he says he can and can't? You're insecure...wanna see others fail...makes you feel better... The first paragraph of yours just proves I'm right. Thanks man.

2. No need to reply. I don't care if you have your life in order or not, but just remember that quote in the future.

3. Third part...what the hell is this? So you only wanted to help him because your friends did? Then you're a sheep.

The end. :up:

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're still in high school...yet to mature...i understand. keep playing your games

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Potbelly said:
1. That first part of your post just confirms what my post said about you liking it and wanting to see him fail because you knew you would. Why is it your business that he can/can't do something? Who cares if he says he can and can't? You're insecure...wanna see others fail...makes you feel better... The first paragraph of yours just proves I'm right. Thanks man.

2. No need to reply. I don't care if you have your life in order or not, but just remember that quote in the future.

3. Third part...what the hell is this? So you only wanted to help him because your friends did? Then you're a sheep.

The end. :up:
You know what you don't understand nor do you listen to reason. Dude wanted to approach girls, dude SAID he would approach a girl, dude never did it. If anything we're trying to help this guy get over his fear of approaching. I admit I still somewhat have a fear of approaching, but in the end I WILL APPROACH. This guy won't even do that. Think about it, if this guy can't approach women, how will he ever get laid? How will he ever have kids? I don't want to see my friend ending up as the 40 year old virgin. Like I said, dude wants to approach but he doesn't have the balls. If he was truly "not scared" like he said he was, he would have no trouble atleast "humoring us" by approaching a girl. We asked him to approach atleast ONE girl, he could not do it. I personally think his problem is just approaching women he doesn't know anything about, he had no problem approaching that Freya chick at another meet we had.

Mjazz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he is feeling too much pressure because he feels like he needs to get something from her, tell him he doesnt. Just have him talk to the girl like any other person or friend to get him started.

rrrrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
You know what you don't understand nor do you listen to reason. Dude wanted to approach girls, dude SAID he would approach a girl, dude never did it. If anything we're trying to help this guy get over his fear of approaching. I admit I still somewhat have a fear of approaching, but in the end I WILL APPROACH. This guy won't even do that. Think about it, if this guy can't approach women, how will he ever get laid? How will he ever have kids? I don't want to see my friend ending up as the 40 year old virgin. Like I said, dude wants to approach but he doesn't have the balls. If he was truly "not scared" like he said he was, he would have no trouble atleast "humoring us" by approaching a girl. We asked him to approach atleast ONE girl, he could not do it. I personally think his problem is just approaching women he doesn't know anything about, he had no problem approaching that Freya chick at another meet we had.

Potbelly, El Stud is trying to help his friend out why are you being such a ***** for? El Stud is the kind of guy you want to hang out with because he's someone who looks out for you. Anyways El Stud being someone who was there myself I was petrified approaching girls. Now I am the guy who approaches the most women when we go out, but I still chicken out some times, and I'm still trying to work on my "game" or how to develop a conversation with a total stranger. So this guy needs to start approaching right away because he's still got his work cut out overcoming his social phobias. I would suggest this. Just tell him to go up to a girl, any girl, and say hi. and then walk off. that's all he's got to do. he doesn't have to number close or anything like that. then the next meet he can do a little more, like hi, and ask her a relevant question. He has to do baby steps. the last step if you really want to do this, is bet him $5 he can't do it. that gives an incentive and takes it off him and his low self worth, and makes it all about money. it's the last resort really but it's better than what he's doing. i never really had anyone help me, when i did have friends like yourself i didn't take them seriously. later on i realized, wtf am I doing? That's when I start approaching women everywhere, malls, bars, etc. I still have work to do to try to escalate it though.

rrrrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW it's not cowardice, you should see some of the **** I do but still struggle when it comes to women. It comes from low confidence and not believing others would like you.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow you guys...you think people really wanna help their friends. that's bulllsh1t. El Stud must have something to gain from this. No one except family helps you out for nothing in return. In this case El Stud is getting satisffaction...a feeling that he is better than his buddy who can't approach at all. Like El Stud said, he can approach, but not super well yet, so by finding his buddy who can't approach at ALL then he feels muuuch better.

Your original post sounded waaay too happy man. You clearly look down on your "buddy" and even in the title you call him a coward. And now I see you admit that you are not perfect and screw up/chicken out on approaches sometime. Therefore, i refer again to my quote. Help yourself before complaining about others being "cowards"

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, you want bullsh*t take a look at your post. I already have tons of satisfaction(Maybe not in the game, but in several other things), why would I need to rag on a friend to get satisfaction? Like I said your post is BS.

And the way you talk must mean you're some big Don Juan, no you're better than a Don Juan you're perfect, at least that's how you talk.

Cortex

Reaction score
ElStud is describing himself. Read his other topics and you'll understand.