Countless Boot Camp Threads

Zonder

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a reason why there are specialized boot camp threads and it's that nobody cares to read 20 posts about how somebody nobody knows (or, in Capi's case, everybody hates) is too shy to tell ONE "Hi" to ONE person for three weeks. And the arrogance of those newbies! They haughtily refuse to post in the dedicated STICKY thread, as if their social inadequacy is more important than everybody else's. Normal people can post in the common boot camp thread, but they are too important for that. They just HAVE to make a separate thread about how they try for weeks to say "Hi" to ONE single person.

I always read those threads hoping to give props to people who are trying and improving. I read them because I want to help them out when they get to a phase that's too difficult or requires a specific skill to overcome. They must have worked hard if they decided all of interned would be interested in reading their efforts and insights, right? wrong, they keep yapping on and on about how they're going to start next week and how they have too much to study so they don't have time, but (in another post)they dropped out of school too.

If you read about the people who successfully did the boot camp you will see that most of them didn't start posting until they'd already made some progress and were asking for help on a specific subject. They didn't just start posting because they were attention wh0res, and especially not while there was an official BC thread active at the same time.

If you're going to make a thread, make sure there's something to write about. Otherwise you could still post in the official thread and it's going to be ok. People always read the separate threads with the best intentions of encouraging the poster and helping out with a certain hurdle. Imagine the disappointment when time after time the poster turns out to be an attention wh0re who never gets to actually doing anything.

Aresx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point. I'm guilty of that, to an extent, except that I made some progress

from not being able to approach a girl, and feeling horrible when i got rejected

to doing 10 cold approaches during work, and laughing about it, and being able to grab my sack and just do it.

Adnvetures of an rAFC - shyt, when i get good at this, i'll list my own bootcamp exercises for the guys.. :)

*Mariosex

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read that thread, but didn't understand its purpose until after I had started mine. I'm sorry about that. I just needed a place to keep a journal, as such. I hope I or others haven't caused too much trouble :$.

Zonder

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all good, guys. I wish you luck in the remaining weeks.

Ares: I've been reading your field reports in the right thread. All your threads are fine, as far as I know, and your progress is beyond that of 90% of boot camp trainees. Keep up the good work.

Acheron

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gee, dude, that's a wee bit harsh, don't you think?
I created a thread of the type you referred to, and I can assure you it has nothing to do with egotism. Besides, I've read six other such threads, and they've all been quite interesting. And don't get me started about the irony of your calling other people arrogant newbies..

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No one is forcing you to read Boot Camp threads Zonder. In fact, this thread right here serves no purpose except for you to attempt to show your supposed superiority to those who are not the DJ you think you are. Also how can you be calling people newbies when you registered this month?

Maybe my Boot Camp thread was not one of the ones you found so annoying, or maybe it was, I don't really care. I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm writing my Boot Camp thread for my own record and to also keep myself motivated by knowing that I need to post progress here. I posted once in the sticky thread saying that I was going to write a lot and would start my own thread. If you look at my thread you can certainly see I do write a lot. Maybe to someone of your great DJing ability the small gains that myself and others make in our threads are worthless, but others who aren't quite the ladies' man you claim to be may relate to our struggles.

Also I personally find the sticky thread very hard to follow with many different people posting. I have an interest in seeing one person change and improve, and all those people can be hard to sort out.

So don't assume that everyone thinks the way you do. Also, any credence you may have had on this site is gone in my eyes, as someone who was mature and full of wisdom would not post something like this.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zonder -

There are a lot of BC threads, I wish we had a forum dedicated exclusively to the BC but that's too much to wish for around here.

I post on the main BC sticky but I get little to no feedback. That's fine I suppose, at least I'm holding myself accountable which is what matters most.

But when this is all said and done, if I do a good job, I'm gonna wish I had my BC journal in it's own collection like Walden does.

Mr. Code -

Your BC Journal is one of my favorites to read. I guess I can relate to yours more closely than anyone else's. Though I relate to Seraph as well.

Anyways, good luck to all who are still in it.

Last edited:

KnightRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zon,'

same point i was making in my thread

lets have a separate forum for bootcamp !!!

more easy to discern discern stories from discussions

mods...whatdasay?

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Posting daily to my journal motivates me to continue making approaches and breaking new ground.

A year ago, I didn't post about all my DJ activities and this resulted in me drifting and losing focus.

My journal is as much for me to reflect on as it is for others to read. Aren't bootcamp threads better than crap like, "Do Asian girls go for Asian guys?"

KnightRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
duke, no problemo with bc threads, we can all help each other out, but its getting too unorganized, imo.

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A seperate area with just boot camp threads sounds good. In fact, if someone is really keen, they could find all of the boot camp threads ever attempted, and place them in one central area.

This would be something like a science experiment for many people, and others can see what did work or didn't work when they were in that particular week of the BC. (Also it shows people that the Boot Camp is MORE than possible)

But either way it makes to real difference, I think it's ok as it is with people with their own thread because at least it's just their stuff and its easy to find where you were last up to.

Also, as someone mentioned already, its easy to follow the progress of a single person...