Cooking for a girl..

Londonman09

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no Iron Chef... but in my family its always been the men who do the majority of the heavy lifting in the kitchen, and the ladies clean up. Being a single guy I do both, but have noticed the average guy is at a serious disadvantage in terms of ability to impress a girl with a nice meal. I don't think this is total AFC at all... but share some wine, draft her to help cook with you, lay on the kino.. and romantic dinner naturally happens...

I've been on here seeing if there are simple ideas to share, but al so opening it up to discussion. My one advice... stay away from heavy amounts of cheese lol. In my rookie days, I cooked up some homemade manicotti for a girl, might went well... but I think she got a little gasey as a result.. oops

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a while since I made cooking at home the centerpiece for a day 2 or 3. I've had much more luck with floor pizza (some of the best in the city nearby), ****tails and a good cult film. That said I have relied on a good risotto and a cooked breakfast, the risotto being easily tweaked to suit the company (is anybody NOT a kosher vegan with a peanut allergy??!!!).

How about we open this up to the whole Day 2 "your place" scenario? Maybe some interesting variations on the food/booze/movie/make-out/sex combo?

Lol, you know I think half my liquor shelf is stocked with stuff girls left behind, perhaps I should deliberately start inviting girls around just for the free booze, even up the score a little bit:)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never thought of cooking as women's work. Most great chefs are men.

Cooking is much more fun if fire is involved. Grill baskets make it easy to cook vegetables and fish:
http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=18602&categoryCode=NEW

Foil works, too, but with a foil-lined grill basket, I can cook anything. Lately I have been sauteing a vegetable, then adding boil-in-bag rice that I cooked on the stove, then moving the basket to the colder side of the grill as I cook the main course. I use a charcoal grill, and my typical marinade is only olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Shrimp and jalapeno pepper wrapped in bacon is an easy recipe. Wrapping any meat in bacon keeps it from overcooking. Here is a great seasoning to use: http://www.cajunoutdoorcooking.com/images/tn00001_cajun_seasoning_spices_louisiana.jpg

Maybe it's because I live in a rural area, but I think I can always cook better food than I can buy at a restaurant.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear B squared,
Your advice on bacon is spot on,goes well with any dry meat from Wallaby to rabbit....I will try your Cajun seasoning,what dishes do you use it for?

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't cook for women. I ask them to cook for me. I'm very unimpressed with a woman who cannot cook well. I'm not in the business of trying to impress her with cooking, I'm in the business of qualifying her cooking abilities.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
I don't cook for women. I ask them to cook for me. I'm very unimpressed with a woman who cannot cook well. I'm not in the business of trying to impress her with cooking, I'm in the business of qualifying her cooking abilities.
If you have to ask them to cook for you, then there is a problem. They should cook for you voluntarily. My woman does, and I do it for her once in awhile. It's all good, at least in my case.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Dear B squared, I will try your Cajun seasoning,what dishes do you use it for?
The cajun seasoning is salt-based; the label says to use it as salt.

And regarding the other discussion, cooking for a woman resembles going on a date in that it is always best to do what you enjoy first. Cook because you like the food you make, then share the experience with her. That's not exactly the same as cooking "for her," but it's much more fun for everyone involved.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5string said:
If you have to ask them to cook for you, then there is a problem. They should cook for you voluntarily. My woman does, and I do it for her once in awhile. It's all good, at least in my case.
True. But we are talking in terms of impressing a girl. Thats old hat cosmo advice to cook for a woman to impress her. If a woman wants to impress me, she can show me how well she can cook as most can't these days.

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn Warrior where is this coming from? I would love to cook for a woman, but I suck at cooking for real....

BlueberryMuffins

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cooking always impresses HBs, but if you do it too well, you'll be stuck doing ALL the cooking in the future.

Three

Don Juan
Reaction score
I look at cooking as one of those things a man has to master, at least a few favorite recipes. You absolutely have to know your way around a grill, too. It's another way of demonstrating HV. Mastery of useful skills always impresses. Plus, it's great for inner game.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women haze said:
Damn Warrior where is this coming from?
I'm the prize mate. Also I lived with a woman for seven years who the hieght of cooking was spagetti. A retard can make that. I got tired of being the only one who knew how to make a proper meal. Nope, next time around she cooks. I cook for me and my daughter and I'm teaching her how. But if I have a woman in my life, she can carry her load by impressing me in the kitchen.

Sue Madre

Banned
Reaction score
I cook on the grill and that's it. I am happy to make my woman a meal on the deck during weekends. She cooks every meal during the week and I don't touch the kitchen.

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let t
Man today for 4th of July, my family held a BBQ and invited tons of people. These guests brought their cousins, friends, neighbors..needless to say HB8's everywhere. The majority of men here were on the short side, so at 5'9 I was towering over most; still didn't catch any girls' attention though, I thought whatever **** these ho's.... going to enjoy myself here at the grill. Drove to the supermarket, came back with some patties threw em on our gril.....bam! every girl eyeing me. It got me 3 phone #s and it was as simple as finding a powerup in Super Mario

"How long have you been cooking?"

"Can you show me/make a burger for me"

"Lol it's kind of hot when a guy knows how to cook.... ; )"

@Three I completely agree with you about cooking being DHV; but most importantly it's a skill every male should conquer. Around my stoner days I really fell in love with cooking; I still love it to this day after ditching the bong

I mean I don't get why people think it's difficult. If you have the patience/hunger for it, all it boils down to is watching the temperature...how hard is it to watch a recipe tutorial on youtube??

Back to today's BBQ, I this one cutiepants how to handle some meat, (flipping patties over, so difficult right), easy kino in on her, she was acting stupid anyways, didn't know how to hold a damn spatula. Anyway it's a fun skill to master. As Bible Belt put it, the greatest chefs tend to be men, so you owe it to your race to learn cooking

Personally, I've always loved Italian food, easy to get messy with a woman with all the butter, flour or sauces flying around

All in all you owe it to yourself to master this technique :D

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i use this as my day2 all the time and it works like a charm. buy 2 fresh cut 6-8 oz filet mignon steaks. will cost you $15-20. a bag of already tossed salad mix. and one side dish, veggies, or potato. cheap bottle of wine, or 12 pack of your fav beer. total price out the door $20-30. season your steaks with salt and pepper grill on each side about 7 mins for perfect med rare. while you are preparing the steaks tell her she should help you make the salad. then you say dont screw this up, and hand her the bag. sounds cheesy but it always gets a laugh. the meal that you just prepared is gonna cost you $50-100 in any decent steak house, so not only are you saving money, but you are impressing the girl by showing effort and origionality. trust me women love this, even if you mess up the meal. it impresses them way more than if you just shelled out $100 for dinner. she gets the same feeling as if you are in an expensive resturaunt but bonus points cause you are cooking and taking care of her. plus your bedroom is a lot closer to your kitchen than it is at the steakhouse.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Women love when a man cooks for them. They should help clean up as well.

Women also love when you describe in detail the meals that you have made in the past, or meals you will make for them in the future (if they play their cards right).

Ask them what their favorite foods are and learn how to prepare some of them.

Fresh fish with rice and vegetables, served with white wine is a good one.

Setting the table with a cloth, candle, wine cooler and flower in a vase can add to the presentation. Take a picture of the table just before you eat (hopefully with your lady there). No two tables are ever quite the same and years later you'll appreciate the photo even more.