Constantly missing the 70 foot neon signs

mra1200

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been having this problem for my entire life, missing things that I ought to be picking up on that I've either never seen or didn't know existed. One of the biggest, is that I've been with groups of my friends and I often get told "dude, that chick was totally checking you out", to which I always have to reply "which one and where" (of course these arse holes never tell me). How is one supposed to tell if a woman might be signalling her interest if you have no idea what it looks like? Are there any videos out there to help with demonstrating what sorts of things women do that show attraction?

This is just the tip of the iceberg, as I wasn't even aware of some of these things up until about 5 years ago. Reading about them hasn't exactly helped...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop waiting for a sign and get out there and plant your own (sign).

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol relax

When you move around do you notice chicks looking at you with a smile?

That's all checking out means. Just like you probally do without thinking when some girl you think is hot walks by.

mra1200

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
lol relax

When you move around do you notice chicks looking at you with a smile out of the corner of your eye?
That's the problem, I don't see this happening. It's like I'm not even there when I walk into or around the room. I'm not an ugly guy, I'm probably one of the best looking guys in a room, so it's not like I'm being flat out ignored (I don't think).

It doesn't help that whenever I try to make eye contact and flash a smile I rarely ever get it returned (well, maybe I am but don't know it LOL).

Floridaboy23

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude, I've had that problem for years. I used to be really shy so if you're kind of introverted/inexperienced that might have something to do with it. I used to go out all the time and my dad or whoever I was with would say that a girl was checking me out and I never noticed any of that. Even now I notice a lot of girls, even older women looking at me but when I look back at them they seem to have a look on their face like "no, I wasn't checking you out"....and when I smile at them, I know exactly what you mean....they barely seem to acknowledge me. Very few will smile back with a clear and unmistakeable look of interest or stare a little too long but when you see a girl like that, you know you're in. Especially if you look at the girl with a naughty glint in your eye and they return with a similar look of their own. Girls seem really self-conscious, shy about being obvious when you're dying for them to be just that and make it easier on you.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mra1200 said:
That's the problem, I don't see this happening. It's like I'm not even there when I walk into or around the room. I'm not an ugly guy, I'm probably one of the best looking guys in a room, so it's not like I'm being flat out ignored (I don't think).

It doesn't help that whenever I try to make eye contact and flash a smile I rarely ever get it returned (well, maybe I am but don't know it LOL).
When guys think they are good looking they usually are not.

I'm not even talking about eye contact either but come on you can't notice when a girl looks at ya? I mean just a glance and smile in your direction? Mabye you are ugly cuz even an average looking guy will get some looks from average looking girls it's normal.

mra1200

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
When guys think they are good looking they usually are not.

I'm not even talking about eye contact either but come on you can't notice when a girl looks at ya? I mean just a glance and smile in your direction? Mabye you are ugly cuz even an average looking guy will get some looks from average looking girls it's normal.
If I was ugly, it'd be much easier to deal with this problem, since I would know why I don't get any looks. The only thing I can think of is the comments I used to get about being so hot that these girls assume I have a girlfriend (or several) or am a big time player.

If I ever get a glance, it's never with a smile, and when they look away I look to see if I get a glance again... but it doesn't happen. I don't get it. :(

mra1200

Don Juan
Reaction score
Floridaboy23 said:
Especially if you look at the girl with a naughty glint in your eye and they return with a similar look of their own.
This is where a video of different "looks" and other non-verbal cues would come in handy so I would know what one looks like.