Considering to buy some gun for self defence

.50Cal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with Bible Belt and Zekko. For home defense you want something for close quarters. An assault rifle is overkill and will not only go through the target but three or four walls as well.

If you want a close quarters rifle go with something like this. It's similar to the MP5 that a lot of special forces and swat teams use for close quarter combat but a fraction of the price.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-USC-45-Carbine-New-Black-p984.htm

You'll get a rifle but with hand gun rounds which will be hollow point so they won't go through 3 walls. You want to kill the target not the little old lady who lives next door. Or you could just go with a shotgun. For handgun, there are too many to list. Do you want a wheel gun (.357) or a semi auto (Glock etc)? Keep it simple and use what feels right for you. Or just by one of everything :)

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
because you should Practice and practice aint cheap, Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm is best for your secondary, or an FN 45t (if you must have a 45), or a Glock whatever you want caliber cause Glock is so reliable

Remington 12

Ak47, is what I have under my pillow...totally tricked-out btw

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been through hundreds of hours of firearms training. So I can tell you there's lots of good guns out there. For home defense and vehicle carry: .40 or 45 handgun with a tactical light attached. Put it in a discreet location. Go to a range and test fire several. I'm partial to Glocks myself because my life depends on one...but Springfield, H&K, Sig Sauer, and Smith and Wesson are all fine choices.

Last edited:

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
because you should Practice and practice aint cheap, Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm is best for your secondary, or an FN 45t (if you must have a 45), or a Glock whatever you want caliber cause Glock is so reliable

Remington 12

Ak47, is what I have under my pillow...totally tricked-out btw
This reminds me I wanted to start a basketball team under the name Glocks. Anyone thing it might be successful. I already have some players which would like to be on board.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was going to buy a single gun I would buy something cool to shoot at the range. At least get something you can have fun with.