Consdier lowering your standards?

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read a lot of posts here from guys complaining that they can't get laid even tough they're normal looking. I suspect that a lot of these folks are only trying for 9s and 10s (in terms of looks).

I was like that once. The problem was that I was always concerned with what my friends and other people I knew would think. So I'd only go after the most desirable women even though my game sucked.

Eventually, though, I got sick of not getting laid and I started going after 5s-8s. At the end of the day, what you're after is pvssy; someone to rub genitals with.

Getting with a few less attractive women will improve your game, your confidence and get you some experience so that you're ready for the 9s and 10s.

Ironically, after lowering my standards initially, it made it easier for me to game the 9s and 10s. Yeah, I still strike out with the 9s/10s far more often than I succeed with them, but at least I now have some success instead of zero.

Finally, I want to make clear that you should NOT lower your standards in terms of character.....I'm speaking solely about looks. If a girl is being a b*tch, kick her to the curb and move on to the next one.

JabberWalkie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it matters really, as long as I find her sexually attractive ill go for it :). I draw the line at women that don't pay any attention to how they look. I spend time making my self look good (exercising, hygiene, clothes that don't look like sh*t), , and I expect the same from her.

Going for perfect 10's all the time is a rather shallow approach to dating.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're an average looking guy and you have average game, you'll get average women.

An average looking guy with top notch game might get a hot girl.

An ugly guy with top notch game will probably get an average girl.

An ugly guy with bad game will end up with a mud turtle.

If you throw wealth into the mix though, all bets are off.

Tesl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
If you're an average looking guy and you have average game, you'll get average women.

An average looking guy with top notch game might get a hot girl.

An ugly guy with top notch game will probably get an average girl.

An ugly guy with bad game will end up with a mud turtle.

If you throw wealth into the mix though, all bets are off.
Practically all guys are "average" from a girls perspective before you get talking. Its entirely about game (I don't mean "playing the game" - more just about being confident/fun/smart etc)

To answer the thread, I think as long as you find a girl attractive then thats good enough. For me, I'm a bit of a shallow bastard and wouldn't want to date any girl unless she is very hot (9 or 10), but if its just something fun then I doubt it matters too much :)

jchoco88

Reaction score
i'm a solid 8..i've gotten 9-10's before as well as some of the lesser but i've been pretty lucky with attracting females that around my look value ..i do agree at first going for the lesser attractive ones ..even going for some of the heavier ones is easier and advantage.just speaking from experience the 9's and 10's ive gotten alot of the times its not soo much bout looks and more about the way your game is and how you hold yourself as well as confidence the most attractive the lower the self esteem ..you just have to treat her like you could give a **** about her..no matter how ugly trust me looks arent always it for the most part..theres a small percentage that actually cares bout looks and those really shallow ones only get one treatment or deserve one treatment thats the **** on treatment

Black Dog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
Consdier lowering your standards

Here you go buddy!

Only kidding. I disagreed with the OP, until I saw the very last sentence, and well I guess it's something certain people try or recommend.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tesl said:
Practically all guys are "average" from a girls perspective before you get talking.
I disagree. A well dressed, good looking guy that walks with confidence and has a good body changes the whole equation.

There's a big difference in how a woman will treat a guy like that if he were to approach her randomly on a street vs a nice guy that approaches her that she just wants to go away like a fly on a horse's back.

Even before you say a word they will be more receptive and forgive a little of your "mistakes."

Bodhi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good advice, It wasn't till i tried this i actually started getting somewhere with women. This will give you experience and confidence to go after the 9 and 10's

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
I was always concerned with what my friends and other people I knew would think. So I'd only go after the most desirable women even though my game sucked.
Bingo! If I'm seeing a not-so-pretty girl in the city I subconsciously worry "what if someone I know sees us?" well it probably doesn't matter in truth. I see girls that turn me on but I wouldn't want to be seen with them haha...

cool dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think lowering your standards for a certain length of time can help your confidence. I mean you are banging women. After a while your confidence will bu up, and then you can go on to 9 10s + your getting a lot of sex practice!

BBbardot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
I disagree. A well dressed, good looking guy that walks with confidence and has a good body changes the whole equation.

There's a big difference in how a woman will treat a guy like that if he were to approach her randomly on a street vs a nice guy that approaches her that she just wants to go away like a fly on a horse's back.

Even before you say a word they will be more receptive and forgive a little of your "mistakes."

a guy approches me on the street, i wait to know what he has to say in case he wants to know what time it is or something. But if he wants to chat me up. I just walk away thinking he is a loser. Greatly dressed or not. And beleive me my area of paris that happens a lot. Elegant guys trying to pick up girls.
I think it's just so desperate to chat up a girl while she is walking in the street. I mean a respectable guy, if he sees you and likes you, he will look discretly and let it go. I don't know in the US but in france for a girl it's NOT POSSIBLE, it's 1/like the guy actually imagine you will let yourself be picked up on the street 2/ the guy must really have no educaton and be desperate.
3/ also there is so much weirdos that we are paranoid.
although it happens like 5 times a day to any girl. In general when they start approaching with their sleezy smile i just give them a mean/frowning look and they give it back and walk away.

Noodles

Don Juan
Reaction score
BBbardot said:
a guy approches me on the street, i wait to know what he has to say in case he wants to know what time it is or something. But if he wants to chat me up. I just walk away thinking he is a loser. Greatly dressed or not. And beleive me my area of paris that happens a lot. Elegant guys trying to pick up girls.
You're 17. You have no idea what life is like for the average French women. I've been to Paris, Lyon (skiing) and Lille. I've slept with 4 French women (i.e. over 20...they ovulated and everything!) during that time. One was lovely. Two were nice. One...well...I was really really drunk...

Seriously...do you think anyone would take the advice of a 17 year old US girl as given? No offence honey...but anyone approaching you unless he's just out of puberty is a wannabe paedophile.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BBbardot said:
I think it's just so desperate to chat up a girl while she is walking in the street. I mean a respectable guy, if he sees you and likes you, he will look discretly and let it go. I don't know in the US but in france for a girl it's NOT POSSIBLE, it's 1/like the guy actually imagine you will let yourself be picked up on the street 2/ the guy must really have no educaton and be desperate.
3/ also there is so much weirdos that we are paranoid.
although it happens like 5 times a day to any girl. In general when they start approaching with their sleezy smile i just give them a mean/frowning look and they give it back and walk away.
My experiences say otherwise. So according to you if a guy sees something he likes he should just ignore it. I don't know about you Bbardot but when I see something I like I go for it, walking or not, and it has worked for me. But hey if you like seeing things that you like then watching it walk away kudos to you.

Noodles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
I read a lot of posts here from guys complaining that they can't get laid even tough they're normal looking. I suspect that a lot of these folks are only trying for 9s and 10s (in terms of looks).
What is this? I have never seen a '10' apart from in airbrushed magazines. I've slept with one '9' in my whole life and she was the most perfect woman I've ever seen. She was also slightly mental and unbelievably annoying. If a 5 is average...then a 6 is good, right? A 7 is great. An 8 is amazing. A 9 is sensational. A 10 is perfect - and possibly doesn't exist.

If I waited for a 9 or a 10...I would never have sex again.

Seriously...what do you people when you see someone hotter than your 10 girlfriend? Just start multiplying?