Cons to this question?

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's this cute nurse at work that I had a fun encounter last night--made her laugh like crazy. She's married but she was asking me various questions and just really friendly. She's totally my type. Anyways, afterward I had the idea of next time she sees me, saying something like:
"You seem like a lot of fun. So where would I meet a girl like you huh?"

That seems like it could open a lot of doors. From conveying I'm single (most girls are shocked when they find out), to maybe her suggesting a nice friend of hers I should meet, to even her taking more interest in me. At the very least she'd be flattered I would think and it's not like I'd be hitting on her or anything.

Plus it really is a genuine question. I do need to find more fun things to do around here. I'm pretty clueless about that.

Thoughts?

cffrmw

Don Juan
Reaction score
I say go for it. Worst case scenario (which probably won't happen) is it's a little awkward. Most likely she's flattered, possibly hooks you up with one of her single friends. I really do hope you're not hitting on her though, I think that married women are a line that's best left uncrossed.

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah not trying to hit on her or anything. She just seems really cool and doesn't seem to be the type that just sits around in the house on her days off--probably has cool friends and knows fun stuff to do around here. I'm not gonna overthink it, but yeah I ask because it's very delicate making friends with a non-single woman you know?

I guess if I had to verbalize what I want to convey to her is that I think she's attractive (but not really interested in her/persuing that etc.) and a person I'd want to be around. And that's the question that popped in my head last night.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask her if she has a sister like her. Puts her on notice you aren't after HER,but you like her type. She may have a sister or friends that she will think about then.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So she's totally your type and she might even take an interest in you? Sounds to me like you want to go further with the MARRIED woman. I hope that's not the case. Are you really are just trying to get some doors opened with her friends and such? That's fine if so. If you are trying to nail a married woman, you may be in for a whole boatload of trouble. That's what I don't get about some guys on the forum. There are tons of single woman, and guys still mess around with the married ones. All that does is enable their cheating, ruin familes and put your own health at risk. You guys can flame me if you want, but I say don't get intimate with married chicks. It's just low life behavior that ends in pain for others, including you.

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
sodbuster said:
Ask her if she has a sister like her. Puts her on notice you aren't after HER,but you like her type. She may have a sister or friends that she will think about then.
Mmm, I like that twist. Great idea.

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
5string said:
So she's totally your type and she might even take an interest in you? Sounds to me like you want to go further with the MARRIED woman. I hope that's not the case. Are you really are just trying to get some doors opened with her friends and such? That's fine if so. If you are trying to nail a married woman, you may be in for a whole boatload of trouble. That's what I don't get about some guys on the forum. There are tons of single woman, and guys still mess around with the married ones. All that does is enable their cheating, ruin familes and put your own health at risk. You guys can flame me if you want, but I say don't get intimate with married chicks. It's just low life behavior that ends in pain for others, including you.
Yeah. An interest. Not a sexual interest, as I pretty well already explained. Just trying to build social circle/make friends is all--in this situation anyways. She's cute. And cool. What better way than to possibly meet more cute and/or cool people by meeting one and taking an interest in her and vice versa?

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jet said:
Yeah. An interest. Not a sexual interest, as I pretty well already explained. Just trying to build social circle/make friends is all--in this situation anyways. She's cute. And cool. What better way than to possibly meet more cute and/or cool people by meeting one and taking an interest in her and vice versa?
If that's the case, get her to find you some plates to spin. Nothing wrong with that at all. Just don't escalate with a married woman. Nothing but pain and sorrow for those who do this. Bro code? Sorry, this one kind of stung me a bit. I am married to a nurse and she's way hot. If I came home and found her with another man, well, I don't know how I would react. I do however think it would be way scary for both her and her "friend" when I walk through the door. Not only would her "friend" be at risk physically, she would get kicked out, the marriage would be over and the family ruined. Do you guys get it now? Don't go there. :nono:

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only con is that it's kinda lame to have pre-planned comments.

Just let your flirting work its way into the conversation naturally.

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
The only con is that it's kinda lame to have pre-planned comments.

Just let your flirting work its way into the conversation naturally.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. That alone and the anticipation can cause self-consciousness and I'd much rather live in the moment.
No one said it's a bad thing to say so at the very least I can feel good about that. Next time hopefully I'll think of something like that at the time, rather than after the fact..